chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

Chapter Nineteen:

All Our Yesterdays

The latest episode is in for submission.

Happy reading.

#62 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

Happy reading indeed: http://debrief.comma...h/#entry1271149

#63 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

Chapter Nineteen:

Killer's Instinct

Read on this weekend.

The pace begins to quicken for OO7.

Bond regains consciousness, but his mind is all a whirl.

Where is he?

Who is he?

What's happened?

And who are the women that tend him?

Bond sat up abruptly. The room was in darkness. For a moment he thought he was still in that god awful place with the two doctors, the skeleton and the bare cold tableau. He wasn’t. Someone switched on a table lamp.

Two figures stepped towards him, concern stretched across their faces. One was the first girl, Renata; the other a beautiful blonde haired stranger. No, not a stranger, he knew her. She was the girl from his dreams, the girl with the clear blue eyes, like pools of ice, sparkling.

“Tiara?” he whispered.

“Thank god,” she said, “You remember!”

The blonde girl gave him a hug and kissed his lips, a quick snappy touch that made Bond edge back in surprise.

“What do I remember?”

“My name, silly!” cried the girl, a few tears running down her cheeks, “Now, come on, we have to get you dressed, there isn’t much time.”

Bond baulked.

“Time for what?” he argued, “For god’s sake, will someone explain what’s going on?”

Many thanks to all those committed readers who have ensured A Whisper of Death passes the 1000 views mark.

Your support is much appreciated.

Chris

Edited by chrisno1, 22 November 2013 - 12:55 PM.

#64 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

In time for the weekend: http://debrief.comma...h/#entry1271440

#65 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

Chapter Twenty One

Flight and Fight

Bond's escape from Shangri-La goes disastrously wrong...

The pilot didn’t move an inch. Bond reached down and pressed the joystick. As he did so he heard the thump of the door and felt two arms reaching over him, trying to drag him out. Desperate he seized the pilot’s collar. All three men lurched sideways as the Swidnik took to the air. Off balance the aircraft turned in on itself, circling as it tried to climb. Bond heard gun shots. Bullets smacked into the hull.

The girl screamed. Unable to belt up in time, she’d been thrown across the backseat. Bond had more immediate concerns. The P7E was in his closed palm. He didn’t dare drop it. He didn’t dare squeeze his fist. Still holding the pilot’s shirt, he tried to kick out at the figure that clung onto his chest, his legs hanging through the open cavity, the metal door smacking against his thighs. Bond felt himself slipping across the leather seat. The pilot was trying to maintain control of his machine, moving the joystick, retaining balance. Bond kicked again at the man beneath him. It was the second orderly. He’d forgotten there were two. A bad oversight. The man’s hands still gripped firm to Bond’s shirt. The wind burst into the cabin, blowing everyone in different directions as it tried to find an escape route. The pilot punched out at Bond, struck him on the face once, twice, damn hard. The blows loosened his grip. Bond’s fingers, the only thing keeping him inside the cockpit, screamed at him as they tore free of the collar. His whole body catapulted over the ridge of the doorway and he was falling into space, the helicopter disappearing somewhere above him...

th_SW4_zps4f04a69c.jpg

A Swidnik SW4

We love a good helicopter

Read on this weekend!

#66 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

Read it here: http://debrief.comma...h/#entry1271786

#67 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

Chapter Twenty Two:

P7E

We are nearing the climax of the story...

OO7 has escaped from Shangri-La but Tiara is still stuck in the clutches of Golden Age and the ominous Theodosius Nimon...

A plague of death is raging...

Governments are about to surrender...

What will Bond do now?

Read it all this Saturday

#68 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

Yep, do it: http://debrief.comma...h/#entry1272095

#69 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

Chapter Twenty Three:

Sky Riders

Bond returns to Shangri-La ....

They were cutting through the air at dizzying speed.

The Agusta AW109 had dropped the five man team from its undercarriage some one hundred miles from Metéroa. As each man had been dispatched from the jump off, he’d steadied his flight through the buffeting air, forced his arms and legs into the four pointed star, tucked his head down and stabilized his fall, dropping at almost one hundred and fifty miles an hour...

th_Wingsuit3_zps8474c817.jpg

th_Wingsuit2_zps4f3baa20.jpg

th_Wingsuit1_zps5b78ab24.jpg

Wing suit flying - Bond's latest past time

Happy reading !!

#70 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

Here it is: http://debrief.comma...h/#entry1272384

#71 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

Chapter Twenty Four:

A Whisper of Death

Against orders, Bond has returned to Shangri-La with a team of rough and ready mercenaries.

But where is Doctor Nimon?

Where is Tulisa?

Where, oh, where is Tiara?

Bond swerved. The flailing shard whistled past his nose, came again. Bond thrust out an arm, punched low then high, felt the man’s head wobble as fist hit chin. A right cross hurled him backwards against the book shelves. Volumes tumbled, wood tore. The man staggered forward, the pine frame a half-hearted weapon. It almost seemed cruel. He swung it high. Bond knocked the arm away, sent his boot into the man’s stomach. As he doubled up, Bond’s two handed uppercut sent him flying backwards. He ploughed into the remains of the stairway and came to rest in a heap, his head lolling sideways. Achingly slowly, groaning, the carcass of the wooden structure collapsed and buried the guard in a pile of frazzled wood.

Gasping loudly, Bond almost didn’t hear the metallic tap. He turned on one heel.

Loki.

Doctor Nimon was still dressed in white, still immaculately coiffured, still a centre of calm among chaos. The cane still tapped at his feet. As he stepped out of the passageway, his lips creased into a sickly, rabid smile.

Behind him: Tiara. Her hand held out, the fingers touching Nimon’s, her steps matched to his as if by some invisible force.

Bond made a move for the fallen machine pistol.

th_Meteora4_zps0115f05a.jpg

A great view of another of the monasteries at Meteora

th_ChoucairWaterLens_zpsbca5efc4.jpg

Choucair's Water Lens makes a welcome return

th_HaydenPanettiereasTiara2_zps12e13ee3.

And so does Hayden Panettiere

th_FrancoisBerleandasLoki2_zpscc09839f.j

And what will happen to Loki....

Read it all this Friday

#72 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:51 AM

It' here: http://debrief.comma...h/#entry1272706

#73 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

Chapter Twenty Five:

This Time Forever

The concluding episode...

For a second he couldn’t move. The image was frozen. He saw her falling. He saw the blood. He heard her startled strangled cry. He heard the roar of the motors. He saw the bitch sister and the smoking weapon. He saw the door slam shut. He yelled. Bond pulled the trigger too late, too bloody late. He saw the helicopter rise, sparks flying. He ran forward, buffeted by the wind, kept shooting, exhausted the clip, kept yelling, until his throat ran out of words and the shouts were lost in the tumult and all he could do was whisper, a whisper of love, a whisper of regret, a whisper of death...

Read it here before Christmas !

James Bond will Return...

#74 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:40 AM

This is the end: http://debrief.comma...h/#entry1272839

Happy holidays and happy reading!

#75 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:28 AM

The End of A Whisper of Death

James Bond Will Return

A few words from your author.

First, many sentiments of the season. I hope it is a happy Christmas for all.

Personally I've hardly been out of the kitchen!

A big thank you to Dustin who has dutifully ensured the chapters get loaded.

Another big thank you to everyone who has read A Whisper of Death and have propelled it over Christmas to more than 1600 views. That's a very respectable figure. Please keeping reading.

I wrote the novel very quickly in early 2013 as an instant follow up to Gulfstream, a project I'd laboured on for over a year, and while it lacks some polish, I rather like it. I hope some of you did too.

Reviews and feedback always welcome.

I can't say if or when I will write another fan fiction, but OO7 will always be back.

I'm looking forward to soon welcoming again Harry Fawkes' 1950s retro-take.

Should be a whole lotta fun.

Thank you.

Chris

#76 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:13 PM

A Big Thank You

A big thank you to my readers.

I'm very pleased to see A Whisper of Death has already passed 3200 views.

That's over half as many as my best viewed Fan Fiction Those Who the Gods Love... and has taken only a quarter of the time. My work must be improving!

I'm equally happy that Gulfstream is still pulling them in and currently has over 4000 views.

The Fan Fiction department hasn't seen much activity over the past two or three years. I put this down to the fact we have got new Bond novels and films appearing on a regular basis again, but it's always good to see a new entry into the field.

On that note it's great to see Volante and tdalton back with fresh offerings.

Good luck, guys.

:)