#1 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

huffingtonpost 15 april 2013

Pierce Brosnan may have taken on some of the world's most vitriolic villains during his tenure as James Bond, but he admits that he can't actually bring himself to watch any of his three 007 films, now he's handed over the baton.

"I'm very uncomfortable with it," he tells HuffPostUK. "My little boy came up to me the other day, he's 12, and he told me, 'Dad, you've got to watch these with me, one day.'

"I promised him I would, but I do have difficulty getting my head around it, being James Bond."

Brosnan explains, though, that he remains full of gratitude about getting the coveted 007 gig, which he performed through 'GoldenEye', 'Tomorrow Never Dies' and 'The World Is Not Enough'.

"I got away with it, is how I feel, honestly," he says. "I didn't make a pig's ear of it. I stand in good company, there's no other character quite like it. So to be an actor, which is a job I love with every fibre of my being, and then to be James Bond.. well, it's definitely a feather in my cap."

Despite his reticence about his own time as Bond, Brosnan has no such reservations about Daniel Craig or the latest Bond-buster 'Skyfall'.

"It was fabulous," he exclaims. "Particularly as the weight of expectation was extraordinary, but they got away with it."

#2 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Three films? Um, Die Another Day, anybody?

#3 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Heh.  DAD is pretty bad but I wouldn't remove it from the canon completely!  I would have said "three and a half" 007 films.

If I was Pierce I wouldn't watch them either.  I'd be watching Craigs movies, saying "Why couldn't they make movies this awesome when I was 007!  Bugger!"

Edited by Eric Stromberg, 15 April 2013 - 11:32 PM.

#4 hoagy

hoagy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Seems to me they felt they had to get back on track before doing anything like a re-boot, or go retro and make CR in its own time, or anything like that.  Pierce is a handsome guy, with a great smile and the ability to play up the wit as well as the rest, and that fit the Bond mold.  Now, why they went clear off the rails with DAD, bad CGI and all, is a mystery.  Started out well, then got cartoonish.  They did the same thing in Roger Moore's run.  It's a shame.

Amazing, how people in the movie business spend shmillions on some really silly stuff.  Well, sometimes they received positive reinforcement -- Moore's movies did very well, particulary internationally.  Still, someone couldn't speak up -- AND be heard and respected -- about the latter parts of DAD ?  Something like, "c'mon, let's not go all 'Moonraker-y' with this !"

#5 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

Brosnan Admits He Can't Watch His Own Bond Films

With a thread title like this I was hoping someone would do the "I know how he feels. I can't watch his Bond films either" gag. Where's Jim when you need him?

#6 WhatMeWorry?

WhatMeWorry?

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

I have heard many other actors say similar things about their own films. Johnny Depp once said in an interview that he has never watched any of his own films, he loves acting in them, but can't stand to see himself on screen.

#7 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:55 AM

Not surprising, I don't expect many actors watch their own films and I some how doubt he watches Bond films in general. 

#8 OmarB

OmarB

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1151 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

Glad to see I'm not the only one Brosa. :laugh: