4 replies to this topic

#1 TheFacility

TheFacility

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

http://finance.yahoo...MZQ50wAHR3QtDMD

Awesome news!  However, based on the article, it appears that the DB5 will only be on display for the auto show's "industry preview" dates: Jan 14-18.  The public show begins Jan 19th.  Let's hope they extended it's stay; I'm going to the auto show regardless, but I'd love to see the DB5 in person.  Now it's just a matter of determining which DB5 it is.  I'd guess either GE, CR, or SF.  I think I read that the original from GF (and TB?) is privately owned by a collector in Cincinnati.  But hopefully it's the original :)

#2 FutureJamesBond

FutureJamesBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:32 PM

NERDGASM.

Ok, I am so excited. I live near Detroit, so i'm super excited for this. Wanted to go anyway, but now,  I have to. 

#3 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

The Skyfall and GoldenEye cars are on show at Beaulieu; not sure if they'll be moving any time soon.

#4 TheFacility

TheFacility

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

The Skyfall and GoldenEye cars are on show at Beaulieu; not sure if they'll be moving any time soon.

Good point.  Should be the Goldfinger/Thunderball DB5, then.

Unfortunately, as of today, it appears that they still have not extended the car's display at the auto show beyond the "industry and media" preview, and $95 per ticket is way too much to pay just to see one car, even if it's the DB5.  I'm crossing my fingers that it will still be around for the public show.

#5 TheFacility

TheFacility

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

Update:

twitter.com/covisint

The DB5 is confirmed at the Detroit Auto Show (NAIAS), sponsored by Covisint.  I believe that it is only going to be there from today until Friday (Jan 14-18), during the Industry Preview week.  Tickets are $95....

HOWEVER...based on the Covisint Twitter photo, the DB5 appears to be in the outer plaza (you can see the street in the back left of the photo) and not in the NAIAS showroom.  Therefore, I'm pretty sure you can just walk into Cobo Hall's outer plaza and see the DB5 without having to purchase a ticket.  The ticket is only necessary for entry into the showroom, not in the plaza itself.

Hope this helps my fellow Detroiters!  I'm going to try to get down there this week.

Let us know of your successes!