677 replies to this topic

#31 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

Bond joining a military team to rescue a MI6 female asset/agent in Afghanistan with SAS as the pre-title sequence with no reference to the rest of the plot, and Bond and the girl have the kiss returning home

A older villain who is dangerous and respect among many government official with a henchman who is equal to Bond and try to kill Bond multiple times but fails.........(reveals to the real bad guy instead of the older villain) 

Daniel day lewis as the main villain and Mark Stronger or Benedict Cumberbatc as the henchman turn villain  who revealed is an Quantum agent who fight Bond but escapes who is believed to have died 

Would love that a henchman escapes and comes back aka Jaws but more convincing 

#32 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

I would love to see more jet-setting Bond, Bond girl bedding, and a ski chase. I only want these if they fit with the plot. Some of the Bond films feel like the producers are checking items off a check-list. I felt SkyFall was great and I am happy they didnt overly try to force anything too excessively. The producers have been doing a great job bringing Bond into the modern era of action film with the signature Bond flairs. I dont hold QOS against them, that was bad timing with the writers strike. The film couldve been great given more time for character and plot development 

#33 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

Bond ordering a Vodka Martini, shaken not stirred!

Edited by Walecs, 12 December 2012 - 06:44 PM.

#34 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

Bond joining a military team to rescue a MI6 female asset/agent in Afghanistan with SAS as the pre-title sequence with no reference to the rest of the plot, and Bond and the girl have the kiss returning home

A older villain who is dangerous and respect among many government official with a henchman who is equal to Bond and try to kill Bond multiple times but fails.........(reveals to the real bad guy instead of the older villain) 

Daniel day lewis as the main villain and Mark Stronger or Benedict Cumberbatc as the henchman turn villain  who revealed is an Quantum agent who fight Bond but escapes who is believed to have died 

Would love that a henchman escapes and comes back aka Jaws but more convincing 

Are you a Moore fan? because these suggestions sound like they'd fit very nicely into the Moore era :)

Day-Lewis/Strong/Cumberbatch as the villain are exciting possibilities. Personally I think Strong and Cumberbatch are unlikely to be cast as they've been high-profile villains recently and the producers would probably want to differentiate themselves from other blockbusters. Daniel Day-Lewis would be a real coup. "I don't give a tupenny f*** about your moral conundrums, Mr Bond."

Bond ordering a Vodka Martini, shaken not stirred!

Seconded!

Edited by RMc, 15 December 2012 - 11:50 AM.

#35 starschwar

starschwar

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

Also, at least one of the following:

• Ski chase or other arctic/winter action sequence
  • Car chase with gadgetry
  • Underwater sequence involving sharks

#36 Sherlock

Sherlock

Cadet

• Crew
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

An actual, honest to goodness archenemy.

The likes we've never seen before. Someone superior to Bond. A combonation of Blofield, Moriarty, Darth Vader, and (apologies if this offends) Adolph Hitler. (NO! I'm not a Nazi or even a pro-Nazi Supporter.)

Someone who can predict Bond's movements and give James pure unadultarated hell. Someone who's identity Bond nor even us will not know until five or six films in.

He wouldn't even need an organization like Quantum or SPECTRE, have him or her be a subitle presence and work on the character gradually.

#37 Syndicate

Syndicate

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

A mix of a Thunderball and Living Daylight style plot

A paramilitary action sence in the movie

Like to see the gunbarrel at the start of the film again.

Q to providing gadgets again when need at headquater or out in the field, and Q explaining stuff he understands to Bond, M, Tanner and others when needed in the storyline.

The use of MI-6 headquater at 85 Vauxhall Cross, along the Albert Embankment in Vauxhall on the banks of the River Thames again.  The Reference at the end of Skyfall that is to the Connery and Moore area, hope it is ONLY  a temporary location till the current location is fixed up.

Good scores for the film, that are as good or in the level like A Drive In The Country,  Cortina, For Your Eyes Only(score version  Flugelhorn Solo by Derek Watkins), Snow Job, Maujahadin And Opium, Hercules Take Off, Final Confrontation, Goldeneye Overture, Dish Out Of Water, White Knight and Backseat Driver.

Edited by Syndicate, 16 December 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#38 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

(NO! I'm not a Nazi or even a pro-Nazi Supporter.)

A subtle distinction if ever there was one. But it's good to hear you've joined the good fight. This time I know we'll win.

#39 Aisforauric

Aisforauric

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

Many of the elements from Fleming's LALD could be used without blatantly duplicating the 1973 film, including the basic scheme of salvaging pirate treasure to finance international skulduggery. Here's an idea: Buonaparte Gallia (Filippo Timi) is an upstart member of the 'Ndrangheta who does business with Somali pirates, flouting omerta in the pursuit of quick wealth. So far he's been successful. In a bid to establish his own global crime family, he hatches a plan to kidnap his own sister Pazienza (Martina Stella) from a convent, and present her as a gift to the most powerful pirate in the Indian Ocean (Idris Elba). But the nubile nun has ambitions of her own, and Bond exploits the family drama to thwart Buonaparte's scheme. Call the film Risico, a reference to the one thing that the villain never takes into consideration.

Nice. I'd also thought about the Somali pirates theme some time ago and so some Navy backfill for Bond would be great to boot. Nothing wrong with a bit of bullion-mongering, either, it's still a highly usable as currency even in the 21st century...

#40 TheLion

TheLion

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

I don't want to see any personal stories for Bond 24. I also would like to see some high-caliber actor, like Bardem, to play the villain . Obviously to get such a big actor Logan will have to write a pretty good script. Also, I would like to see a more European centered movie. Spain and Portugal have great places to which Bond cloud go. 

And, if possible, bring back Mendes and Deakins. 

Edited by TheLion, 16 December 2012 - 09:20 PM.

#41 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

I would rather see Bond visit somewhere he hasn't been before. Scandinavia, Australasia, Canada or Borneo.

#42 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Gun Barrel at the beginning. I am an advocate for this but I really would be so happy if it was a the beginning.

#43 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

Gala Brand finally appear on screen, a Scotland yard office working with MI5 counterterrorism task force but no sex interaction between Bond and Brand as being faitful to the novel, but share a kiss or two 

Assistant Commission Ronnie Vallance appears and meet with M and Bond 

#44 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

Gala Brand finally appear on screen, a Scotland yard office working with MI5 counterterrorism task force but no sex interaction between Bond and Brand

That would be a disappointment.

#45 Eric Stromberg

Eric Stromberg

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Scandinavia

YES

#46 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

Gala Brand finally appear on screen, a Scotland yard office working with MI5 counterterrorism task force but no sex interaction between Bond and Brand as being faitful to the novel, but share a kiss or two 

Assistant Commission Ronnie Vallance appears and meet with M and Bond 

Ronnie Vallance and Gala Brand would be fun. I'm sure the producers will eventually use them. In retrospect, it's fortunate that Gala wasn't wasted on Die Another Day.

#47 Sherlock

Sherlock

Cadet

• Crew
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

The Spang brothers

#48 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

I like to see Bond go to a castle and fight the villain in a tradition sword fighting to the death........a adaption of You only live twice ending would be ideal.........hopefully we can see that eventually, but not including Bond losing his memory 

I just think Assistant Commissioner Vallance need to bring on the big screen as a recruiting character beside the main 3 M, Moneypenny, and Tanner there should be someone esle 

#49 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

I like to see Bond go to a castle and fight the villain in a tradition sword fighting to the death........a adaption of You only live twice ending would be ideal.........hopefully we can see that eventually, but not including Bond losing his memory 

I just think Assistant Commissioner Vallance need to bring on the big screen as a recruiting character beside the main 3 M, Moneypenny, and Tanner there should be someone esle 

He gets it back in the following novel, otherwise how can he remember about Honey Rider and Dr. No? ;)

It would be great to see a YOLT ending adaption, though.

Edited by Walecs, 17 December 2012 - 09:37 AM.

#50 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

I want to see a straight no nonsence mission. You can have Quantum as the baddies, even kill Mr White off if you want. But no in depth reflective view of how Bond develops. I want Bond. Simple mission, just get on and do it.

Locations? A blend of new and old, so Abu Dhabi or Dubai mixed with India or Russia. Get some Russian mafia street gang to spice up the action.

Car? in the right setting Aston Martin Vanquish. Land Rover when he gets to the basic part of the story.

Girls? Yes, a Xenia Onatop character, to allow James to indulge in a rough no lovey dovey relationship, before killing her Electra style.

M and Q flexing their muscles, but remaining in London with Moneypenny lending the  traditional will they won't they at the mission briefing. 

#51 MajorB

MajorB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

Agree with much of the above, though I do want M's office as seen at the end of SF to reappear. M's office has been different in each of Craig's films. Let's have some consistency, and I love the return-to-tradition aspect of Mallory-M's office. (I always loved that set in the original films.)

My big, big, big wish, though, is: Despite having a new M, Bond does not have to prove himself again--not his judgment, not his fitness for duty, not anything. I don't mind if his methods sometimes irk M--that's almost a given--but it shouldn't cause M anything more than mild exasperation. Bond has had his professional competence challenged or tested in GE, DAD, CR, QoS, and SF. I think that's enough.

#52 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

My big, big, big wish, though, is: Despite having a new M, Bond does not have to prove himself again--not his judgment, not his fitness for duty, not anything. I don't mind if his methods sometimes irk M--that's almost a given--but it shouldn't cause M anything more than mild exasperation. Bond has had his professional competence challenged or tested in GE, DAD, CR, QoS, and SF. I think that's enough.

Don't forget about TWINE too ;). I wouldn't mind some character diving for Bond in the next one. They do have to build the relationship between Bond and Mallory after all. Some locales I would like to see are Vancouver, Dubai and the Great Down Under. I also would love to see Bond return to the bayou. Anyone who has been there will tell you it is easily one of the most unique and exotic locales in the United States. I do believe a wrap up of the Quantum storyline is in order complete with a Blofeld reveal and the Castle of Death in one of the next 2-3 films.

#53 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

continue on the character development from Skyfall especially for Miss.Moneypenny and M character as I think Bond has enough character development as we need to know more how the new M works and stuff

I like to see a Marc Andre Draco like ally who is consider to be enemy by most people but Bond use him as a ally or source of information to go after the main villain....... 

#54 Quantum89

Quantum89

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

I would love to see a film from the first person perspective of a woman encountering Bond, like Fleming's version of The Spy Who Loved Me. But that wouldn't go down well with most audiences. A Bond film, NOT ABOUT BOND?! BLASPHEMY!! No, skip that, lol.

#55 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

Garden of Death.

'nuff said.

#56 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

I'd like to see an "innocent bystander" Bond girl, in the tradition of Honey Ryder and Natalya Simyonova. Somebody who isn't professionally involved in espionage, isn't steeped in the criminal underworld, and has no idea what to expect.

#57 MajorB

MajorB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Don't forget about TWINE too ;). I wouldn't mind some character diving for Bond in the next one. They do have to build the relationship between Bond and Mallory after all.

I don't have a problem with that at all--as long as it's the two of them figuring out their working relationship rather than Mallory questioning Bond's fitness or judgment. That's gotten pretty old IMHO.

#58 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Don't forget about TWINE too ;). I wouldn't mind some character diving for Bond in the next one. They do have to build the relationship between Bond and Mallory after all.

I don't have a problem with that at all--as long as it's the two of them figuring out their working relationship rather than Mallory questioning Bond's fitness or judgment. That's gotten pretty old IMHO.

Yeah, my reaction watching SF for the first time was, "Oh, they've dragged this plot arc out AGAIN?" But it worked and was brilliant; however I admit I wasn't looking for or requiring a study of Bond's relevance in the 21st century. We've had that in GE and CR (and to a lesser extent QoS) already. I guess the insecurity of turning 50 got to the filmmakers ;)

#59 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Plotwise, I'm not too worried, and I trust the producers not to allow the story to become too exaggerated and beyond reality. The one thing I'd like to see, and I'm sure John Logan is already on the case, is to make sure we develop some interesting relationships between our new MI6 figures. Craig, Fiennes, Whishaw and Harris are extremely strong performers, and should be given the tools to show themselves off, but also forge an identity for the new brigade.

#60 Everything or nothing

Everything or nothing

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

Agree with much of the above, though I do want M's office as seen at the end of SF to reappear. M's office has been different in each of Craig's films. Let's have some consistency, and I love the return-to-tradition aspect of Mallory-M's office. (I always loved that set in the original films.)