8 replies to this topic

#1 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Is anyone else experiencing a new related search toolbar floating at the bottom of the page, generated by a web page called Topic Torch? It's irritating me, and I was wondering if anyone has had the same issue.

#2 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Never heard of that, never seen it.

#3 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

Thanks for the reply. Will continue to try and find out where it's come from.

#4 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

I haven't noticed what you're talking about, even after disabling the ad-blocker I'm using. I have noticed that there seems to be an issue with the default theme (although I mostly use the IP Board theme) for the site, where the notifications icon and the personal message icon at the top of the page don't show up next to your profile name and the sign out link. Perhaps the issues are related?

#5 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

I've just logged out, cleared my internet cache, restarted my laptop, and it seems to have disappeared.

Sorry for the false alarm, but thanks for the replies folks.

#6 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

I haven't noticed what you're talking about, even after disabling the ad-blocker I'm using. I have noticed that there seems to be an issue with the default theme (although I mostly use the IP Board theme) for the site, where the notifications icon and the personal message icon at the top of the page don't show up next to your profile name and the sign out link. Perhaps the issues are related?

No, those aren't related. We recently had an update (which still has some minor glitches), and since then, the notificatin (if there is one) shows up in a rather tiny red box on top left of your window. I suggest to check out your notification settings in your user profile. Lots of new options there.

#7 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

No, those aren't related. We recently had an update (which still has some minor glitches), and since then, the notificatin (if there is one) shows up in a rather tiny red box on top left of your window. I suggest to check out your notification settings in your user profile. Lots of new options there.

I'll check that out. Thanks for the update. :)

#8 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

Looks like it may be a browser addon. This may be of some help: http://answers.yahoo...14101917AAjXWXc

#9 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

Looks like it may be a browser addon. This may be of some help: http://answers.yahoo...14101917AAjXWXc

Thanks! Gone for good now.

Reply to this topic