This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

My little Bond 24 project (WILL CONTAIN SKYFALL SPOILERS)

68 replies to this topic

#1 GalaBond

GalaBond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

As a little project to keep me busy, I have decided to do a close/r adaption of Ian Fleming's Moonraker. I chose to do this because I felt after the ending of Skyfall everythings fresh again and characters are back.

Setting it in the modern day with the addition of Quantum. If you would help me go about this task I'll be really grateful; from answering problems I have or even suggesting your own ideas. If you're interested in helping, just comment below.

Edited by GalaBond, 14 November 2012 - 08:27 PM.

#2 GalaBond

GalaBond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

Cast

Daniel Craig as James Bond
Romola Garai as Gala Brand
Thomas Kretschmann as Hugo Drax
Gal Gadot as Elizabeth Krest
Bryan Cranston as Milton Krest
Ralph Fiennes as M
Jeffrey Wright as Felix Leiter
Ben Whishaw as Q
Naomie Harris as Miss Moneypenny

Edited by GalaBond, 18 November 2012 - 12:04 AM.

#3 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

Or you could use Timothy Dalton..? :) I mean it doesn't matter much. Also how that one Bond girl dies from dogs, I never liked that too much so don't do that.

#4 Aisforauric

Aisforauric

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Well, hmmmmm, I can't even find my copy of 'Moonraker' so will have to reacquaint myself with it as it's been a good twenty years since I last read it..... ;-(

#5 GalaBond

GalaBond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Or you could use Timothy Dalton..? :) I mean it doesn't matter much. Also how that one Bond girl dies from dogs, I never liked that too much so don't do that.

Why Dalton? and I know, Im not having a girl eaten by dogs, it wasn't in the book so definitely won't be doing that but I am brainstorming some ideas for the death of a Bond girl but I want it to mean something to the story instead of just killing them off for no reason.

Well, hmmmmm, I can't even find my copy of 'Moonraker' so will have to reacquaint myself with it as it's been a good twenty years since I last read it..... ;-(

Well if you familiarize yourself with the book and I'll be glad of your help :)

Edited by GalaBond, 17 November 2012 - 08:21 PM.

#6 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

Because Dalton is awesome! He is charming, but an excellent fighter and dangerous which is definitely sexy. Just my opinion though and when I was reading the novels I thought of him. That's my first suggestion. I think that Bond girl should get killed but definitely not by dogs. We need a few different death options that are a little more fun and unique, but not stupid. I haven't seen Moonraker in a really really long time. Definitely more use of Jaws. I think that Jaws shouldn't have a love interest, it was a little too dumb for me. He is a henchman he is supposed to be bad. I do like that he gets killed so we can leave that in this story. It would be cool if James and Jaws had a show down and then he was killed during that?

Now for the death of the girl? this seems pretty standard but maybe she reveals something to James about Drax's plans on accident and he somehow finds out someone talks and kills her. It is standard, but that's what you can do for now until you think of something better. I think it could even be more personal if Drax kills her himself, so maybe having him shoot her or stab her or something. It shows how evil Drax is.

Let me know what you think of my ideas.

#7 GalaBond

GalaBond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

I understand why you'd like Dalton so much but I'm trying to do the film with the chronology of the series (the film being Bond 24), also I was almost thinking of homaging Plenty O Toole's death by having the Bond girl tied to the bottom of a pool, but I also like your idea of Drax killing her, what ideas do you have for that death?

By the way, I'm not doing a remake of the Moore film, I'm doing a more faithful adaption of the novel?

#8 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

Why not Willy Krebs instead of the Krests?

#9 GalaBond

GalaBond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

Krebs is going to be Drax's bodyguard/ other henchman, as well as Krest. But I do not know who should play him yet?

#10 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

If this were the 70s I'd cast William Finley. Not sure who today.

#11 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

I understand why you'd like Dalton so much but I'm trying to do the film with the chronology of the series (the film being Bond 24), also I was almost thinking of homaging Plenty O Toole's death by having the Bond girl tied to the bottom of a pool, but I also like your idea of Drax killing her, what ideas do you have for that death?

By the way, I'm not doing a remake of the Moore film, I'm doing a more faithful adaption of the novel?

Oh okay that makes sense then. That's a good idea having her tied to the bottom of the pool, but with that you need to see the death happen and maybe Bond witnessing it. So have the scene be in a pool room with Drax confronting her and either A. shoving her head in the water and having her drown or having her already tied up as Bond witnesses Drax giving her a monologue and kicking or shoving her to the pool and there she is at the bottom of the pool.

#12 GalaBond

GalaBond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

Oh okay that makes sense then. That's a good idea having her tied to the bottom of the pool, but with that you need to see the death happen and maybe Bond witnessing it. So have the scene be in a pool room with Drax confronting her and either A. shoving her head in the water and having her drown or having her already tied up as Bond witnesses Drax giving her a monologue and kicking or shoving her to the pool and there she is at the bottom of the pool.

How about Bond finds her dead but Drax stays behind at the scene of the crime for Bond to arrive and tells Bond that he did the deed himself?

#13 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

Hmm that's good too. Drax could brag about it or say a monologue about how she was just an innocent nobody and then when he got involved that he killed her. Something to try and blame bond for the death of this girl because she talked?

#14 GalaBond

GalaBond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

I like that, I'm not sure how to introduce her either?

Edited by GalaBond, 23 November 2012 - 11:35 PM.

#15 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

well that shouldn't be too hard. I mean Bond can just notice her somewhere and approach her? I mean he is james bond after all. Or maybe after his assignment is given knowing that he will have to go after Drax, he should see Drax and the girl with each other and then James wants information so he approaches her somehow. Doesn't Drax have some big mansion? or am I mistaken? It's been a while so if that is the case just have Bond spying with binoculars and have Drax and this girl being around each other and then you could have Bond pose as someone and that's how he meets her.

Does that make sense?

#16 GalaBond

GalaBond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

I like it but the Bond girl who this is, is the wife of Milton Krest?

#17 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

I don't know who that is, I am sorry it has been a really long time since I have seen Moonraker.

#18 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Bryan Cranston as Milton Krest? I approve. Actually, now that you say that - I'd love to see Cranston in a Bond film. I can't believe I never thought of that despite being a huge Breaking Bad fan.

Sorry, that doesn't really help you with your fan fiction but I couldn't help but think Cranston would be a great choice.

#19 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Brian Cranston is a fabulous actor, he could definitely make a good bond villain or I could see him working for MI6.

#20 Aisforauric

Aisforauric

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

GalaBond, do you have a feel for what the 'Moonraker' would be in the 21st century? In the book it's a rocket, broadly speaking a development of the German V2 missile, in the film it's the space shuttle which carries humans 'ark-like'. Would the modern Moonraker be a device, or perhaps something more nebulous (say a movement or an idea?). Could there be scope for the real nature of 'Moonraker' to be a surprise right until the very end of the film?

#21 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

I believe Moonraker is supposedly to be a Nuclear missile that would protect London, but I would change it a bit with the NATO missile defense system that would protect Europe from attack. I think it could see work in the same way that someone sabotage the missile defense system being vulnerable to attacks. Make it Russia that is believe to be doing this but they are being setup to take the fall for Quantum who hope to make NATO and Russia go to war or something.

please tell me what you think! This is all my idea that would be a very good fan fiction!
http://en.wikipedia...._defence_system

Edited by 007jamesbond, 25 November 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#22 GalaBond

GalaBond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

I had that exact idea 007jamesbond, I think NATO would be a great idea but I think instead of causing a war between Russia and NATO use the idea from the book that drax was also playing with the stock market and make this his main reason to stick with quantums idea of trying to get as much money into their organisation, I also think quantum should be more like spectre now and becoming a more underground work and have numbered quantum members like Number 1/2/11?

#23 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

When do you plan to start writing for your project?

#24 GalaBond

GalaBond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:18 AM

Once I've got all the ideas together and I know what I've got is good and close to the book

#25 GalaBond

GalaBond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

[Deleted]

Edited by GalaBond, 01 December 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#26 GalaBond

GalaBond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

I believe Moonraker is supposedly to be a Nuclear missile that would protect London, but I would change it a bit with the NATO missile defense system that would protect Europe from attack. I think it could see work in the same way that someone sabotage the missile defense system being vulnerable to attacks. Make it Russia that is believe to be doing this but they are being setup to take the fall for Quantum who hope to make NATO and Russia go to war or something.

please tell me what you think! This is all my idea that would be a very good fan fiction!
http://en.wikipedia...._defence_system

Also, after seeing The Dark Knight Rises, the idea of a clean energy project that can easily be turned into a nuclear weapon to me sounds like it could work in an adaption of Moonraker, yes it would be taking an idea from Batman but due to the fact this isn't an official script/ idea, I think I could get away with it.

#27 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

I think what I would shoot for is a better version of Die Another Day. I think one thing P&W got right was in how they modernized the Moonraker...by turning it into Icarus. Obviously everything in the post-Cuba/England part of the story didn't work, but I think turning the Moonraker into a satellite would be the way to go. Instead of being veiled as "creating a second sun" the Moonraker could be a satellite that is designed to protect England from early attack. But instead, like Graves does, the satellite is weaponized and used to attack London.

Edited by seawolfnyy, 06 December 2012 - 06:15 AM.

#28 GalaBond

GalaBond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

I think what I would shoot for is a better version of Die Another Day. I think one thing P&W got right was in how they modernized the Moonraker...by turning it into Icarus. Obviously everything in the post-Cuba/England part of the story didn't work, but I think turning the Moonraker into a satellite would be the way to go. Instead of being veiled as "creating a second sun" the Moonraker could be a satellite that is designed to protect England from early attack. But instead, like Graves does, the satellite is weaponized and used to attack London.

I don't think using Die Another Day is a good idea, I see where you're coming from but we don't wanna be "recycling" plots and especially a plot that isn't even that outdated (10 years). 

#29 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Understandable, the only element I was really talking about using would be to make the Moonraker a satellite. I think that makes the most sense in modernizing it and one of the few things P&W got right.

#30 GalaBond

GalaBond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

I respect your opinion and think it's a good idea but I kind of want to do something thats never really been done before, could you give an opinion my energy project idea?