7 replies to this topic

#1 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

In the relatively unlikely case that we have forum users from Egypt, they may be interested to know that the new IMAX Egypt has announced that it plans to open with a premiere of SKYFALL on Thursday 25th October. Seems like the opening date has shifted quite a few times, so I guess it may end up falling through.

http://www.facebook.com/IMAXegypt

#2 QOS4EVER

QOS4EVER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

Hey, I am From the Middle East itslef,, I am Guessing the MENA region is getting it on Oct25 before anywhere else in the world on the ocassion Of EId , Because Eid is the time of maximum profits for cinema companies in the MENA, So the distributors of our region (Gulf Films ,I think ) Must be bringing it on the 25th itself

#3 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

Ah, yes, that certainly makes sense. You'll have to be sure to post your review for us. Thanks!

#4 QOS4EVER

QOS4EVER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

Yes, I am guessing I will be the first person on this Website to watch this movie ;) , I will be goin for the first show over here that means Oct 25th Early Morning, I cannot wait even a few hours for Bond! I Guess I will be the first to post a review :D What about you aren't you from the region ?

#5 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

No, I live in London, but have travelled to the Middle East and North Africa on quite a few occasions. Sadly on this occasion it means I'll have to wait until Friday 26th to see SKYFALL. Just posted this news in the hope that it would be of interest to someone. :)

#6 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

No, I live in London, but have travelled to the Middle East and North Africa on quite a few occasions. Sadly on this occasion it means I'll have to wait until Friday 26th to see SKYFALL. Just posted this news in the hope that it would be of interest to someone. :)

You're both much luckier than my fellow North Americans and I! We have to wait until November!

#7 QOS4EVER

QOS4EVER

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 368 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:27 PM

@Single-0-Seven , I know that feel Brio,Since Eid is a time for Maximum profits for the cinema companies over here, They actually Pushed back "the dark knight rises" by a month , so that its release date falls on Eid.I had to wait One month to view it and believe me that was agonizing pain, But I guess in the end they benefited the multiplexes are huge over here and still with such huge multiplexes I remember seeing the queue to buy the tdkr ticket reach out side the the main Hall !

#8 Ragal El Mostaheel

Ragal El Mostaheel

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

I originally planned to go see it in IMAX (never been to one before) but they told me the showing was in 1:00 at night, so I decided to see it in a normal theatre. Not a lot of people went to see it, then again with what's happening with the protests and all, it was a bad time to release the film.