2 replies to this topic

#1 # 11

# 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

So, this is about art. Has anyone else seen this masterpiece - 'The Clock'? To quote wikipedia:

The Clock is an art installation by video artist Christian Marclay (born 1955). It is in effect a clock, but it is made of a 24-hour montage of thousands of time-related scenes from movies and some TV shows, meticulously edited to be shown in “real time”: each scene contains an indication of time (for instance, a timepiece, or a piece of dialogue) that is synchronized to show the actual time. The Clock debuted at London's White Cube gallery in 2010.

http://en.wikipedia....The_Clock_(2010)

I watched 1 1/2 hours of this montage yesterday in Zurich and would like to list all Bond sentences I've noticed. Maybe others will see it another time and will add times and scenes thereafter.

12.45 - Didn't see it myself, but the lady of the art gallery told me about the THUNDERBALL stretch bench scene.

14.45 - GOLDFINGER's Mei-Lei spies Bond through the clock in the plane.

14.55 - OCTOPUSSY: Bond arriving at the phone box before stealing borrowing the Alfa Romeo.

14.56 - Q showing Bond the alarm clock in LICENCE TO KILL.

14.55 - Geiger counter watch from THUNDERBALL. (This scene in film is actually happening during night.)

15.20 - THUNDERBALL's Pretitle fight scene with Jaques Bouvard. (You know, there's this long case clock.) This was actually very nicely cut together and I was thrilled to even hear some of Barry's Score.

15.56 - Again THUNDERBALL. Bond checking the diving gear of Largo's men. And again the 'Thunderball' fanfare!

Now it's up to you to watch the missing 22 1/2 hours. :)

#2 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

Sounds like something few people will see in its entirety. Ought to be a couple more Bond moments in it, methinks.

#3 # 11

# 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 256 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

By the way, sometimes it gets weird. A friend told me about the duel scene between Scaramanga and Bond at 16.20. She said that Nick Nack looks at his watch while counting the steps. Well, on my DVD such a shot does not exist. Marclay must have edited another film in this scene and used Bond to stretch the time.