37 replies to this topic

#31 Von Hammerstein

Von Hammerstein

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

Well, maybe Bond should just be a 3 or 4 pic gig at the most. Roger was a little long in the tooth his three pics. It wouldn't be so great an upheaval as well. You do your last Bond and bang you're outta there send in the new guy.

#32 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Having listened to Michael Wilson's remarks, it's clear now that the entire controversy is an overblown reaction to some pretty innocuous statements and that he gave no inidication, express or implied, that EON has any present interest in ending Daniel Craig's tenure as Bond.

#33 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

Good! Moving on...

#34 MajorB

MajorB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:33 PM

I agree with Simon, though, that it was a good (if not terribly well delivered) speech that reflects well on Eon's processes and their ability to make their own decisions based on their own judgment and not the ever-increasing tumult of public opinion.

And I hope MW & BB have their eyes on some possible successors for many years down the road, people who will exercise the same strong judgment after the current caretakers have settled into a well-earned retirement.

#35 PPK_19

PPK_19

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

^ ^

What he said

#36 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

I agree with Simon, though, that it was a good (if not terribly well delivered) speech that reflects well on Eon's processes and their ability to make their own decisions based on their own judgment and not the ever-increasing tumult of public opinion.

And I hope MW & BB have their eyes on some possible successors for many years down the road, people who will exercise the same strong judgment after the current caretakers have settled into a well-earned retirement.

Yup - agreed with your last too.

Indeed I had tried to start a thread a couple of years ago about Producer successors as opposed to the all too familiar Bond / director / female lead successors - but it was met with studious disinterest. For me though, the correct producers are far far more important a study for longevity than just the next Bond.

For my part, and without researching, I must admit to not knowing who else in the family lineage is currently involved.

#37 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

Wow. I'm glad that video went up. His comments have been reported grossly out of context.

#38 Tony_OO_Black

Tony_OO_Black

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

Skyfall quite possibly might break all Bond grossing records, given the buzz & positive hype around it. Wilson/Broccoli adore him in a way they never talked about Brosnan. Two of his films are among the best Bond movies in 50 years among many critics & fans alike.

Daniel Craig has never been safer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Craig, EON, Wilson, Brosnan