This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

James Bond 007: Remastered (Licence to Kill missing?)

7 replies to this topic

#1 007 Junior

007 Junior

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hi Everybody!

EMI have released a serie of CD's containing 16 Remastered Bond-soundtracks. I have them all, but I was wondering why Licence to Kill is missing in this collection? Did they forget it?
To give you an idea of what the remastered CD's do look like, I have added a picture of the back cover from one of them.

Hope someone can help me out why it's not available or, if it is, where I can find it.
Thank you in advance!

Posted Image

#2 col_007

col_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

Something to do with the rights ???

#3 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

I believe MCA still owns the rights to it. So they were unable to do a remastered version of it in 2003.

Hopefully another company is able to full expand it in the future. Along with many of the Roger Moore Bond scores that were not expanded in 2003.
The Man With The Golden Gun, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, Octopussy and A View To A Kill

#4 007 Junior

007 Junior

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:46 PM

Thanks for the info. Let's hope a complete collection of full soundtracks will follow during the 50th anniversery.

#5 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:46 AM

Thanks for the info. Let's hope a complete collection of full soundtracks will follow during the 50th anniversery.

100% agreed.

To be honest I've been keeping busy with all of the Star Trek soundtrack reissues. Intrada and La La Land Records have done some amazing soundtrack reissues the last few years.

They've really raised the bar on soundtrack reissues, IMO.

Hopefully one of these smaller labels are able to do the Roger Moore Bond scores as most were incomplete in 2003 when most of the Bond scores were expanded and remastered.

#6 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:45 AM

Looks like we won´t get any new edition of the Bond scores in this anniversary year. At least not from the big labels.

But maybe Intrada and LaLaLand will be allowed to work on this in the coming years...

... maybe for the BOND 25 anniversary?

#7 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

I believe MCA still owns the rights to it. So they were unable to do a remastered version of it in 2003.

Hopefully another company is able to full expand it in the future. Along with many of the Roger Moore Bond scores that were not expanded in 2003.
The Man With The Golden Gun, The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, Octopussy and A View To A Kill

I thought the reason some of those other soundtracks weren't remastered was because the master tapes haven't been found. It's pretty impossible to re-master something that doesn't have an available master! ;)

#8 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

I thought the reason some of those other soundtracks weren't remastered was because the master tapes haven't been found. It's pretty impossible to re-master something that doesn't have an available master! ;)

That was the reason given, but the definition of the word "missing" is a bit misleading.

The tapes are out there. They just have to look for them first. From what I understand this was not done.

Oh and by the way they did have The Man With The Golden Gun full score, but chose not to remaster the full score due to time and budget constraints of the project in 2003.

Lukas Kendall has commented specifically on the Golden Gun score.

I think at times rather than answering questions on why, it's easier to say something is missing. When in truth it is out there, it has to be looked for first. Of course there has to be time and $ spent to finish a project as well. Every project has budget and time constraints.

So it was just easy to use what they had and not bother to look for what was needed for the others.

AKA the "other" scores are "missing"...

BTW. This has all been discussed here on the forums before.