4 replies to this topic

#1 Solex Agitator

Solex Agitator

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

I recently visited the Los Angeles County Museum of Art to take in their Bond title sequences exhibit.

While I must say that I was a tad disappointed in the overall contextual presentation, it did get me thinking about what my favorite Bond title sequences were.

Oh, how I love TSWLM title sequence! Easily my favorite. And that led me to pose a question to you all...

Who was the main girl in this sequence? The one Roger continually disarms...

Has there ever been an essay on the title sequence models? They are, in some ways, unsung heroines...

#2 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

This is a very interesting observation. Indeed, it seems we know more about the cover girl of DEVIL MAY CARE (Tuuli Shipster, in case you wonder now) than we do about most of the girls that featured so prominently in so small, yet so important a role. I'm not aware of any 'official' work probing deeper into the secrets of these artists. Does maybe John Cork's BOND GIRLS ARE FOREVER tackle that particular detail?

#3 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

Does maybe John Cork's BOND GIRLS ARE FOREVER tackle that particular detail?

No. There's a paragraph that mentions the PTS girls, but none are identified by name.

#4 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

Ah, shame. Well, that would be an idea for the next book then.

I seem to remember the odd paragraph about FRWL's and GF's, and later films sporadically, all spread across the different tomes concerning themselves with the films. But most of these titbits recapitulate the general setup of the titles and I doubt any of the female artists are named.

#5 oatesy

oatesy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

Martine Beswick was one of the dancing girls in the Dr No sequence (she was later a gypsy girl in FRWL and Paula in TB). Margaret Nolan was the golden girl in Goldfinger's titles. She also played Dink in the same movie.

Those are the only two I am aware of. The models for the later Brosnan and Craig movies often got mentioned in tabloid articles around the time the titles are being filmed but I don't recall names