2 replies to this topic

#1 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

I see this a lot. It seems to apply to topic that are very old. These topics are always at the front of a forum and makes the site appear as if it never updates its forums.

Why do we have so many topics 'pinned' - especially when they are not being replied to, sometimes by for years.

The Fan Fiction Discussion page is particulalry bad as 11 of the 16 topics are pinned leaving only 5 for 'recent' topics. It's bad enough that we only have one page to view (you need to search for a topic beyong page 1) but to find most of that given over to old topics, however loved and venerable, doesn't creat interest in any new stories or threads. It's a problem I've even noticed on your own suggestions page!

So, WHY?

Chris

#2 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:07 AM

maybe there should be sub forum for older fan fiction since most of the links are dead

#3 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:20 AM

Maybe whoever pinned them considered them the ones worth discussing? Dunno. I suppose if a story is good enough, it will be discussed regardless of others being pinned. Might unpin a ffew but as I have one up there it may not be appropriate for me to make that decision.

Reply to this topic