21 replies to this topic

#1 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:28 AM

Well as the title says : no more activision bond games !!

Well its bond and Im not saying I will not get 007 legends or bond game in 2013 or 2014 from Activision but dont you guys remember when EA had the bond license and how we were happy when E3 comes every year watching bond in NF or EON or ever FRWL ..

I think most of bond fans and specially bond gamers need AAA - bond game and its look like activision wont make it ..

And really after seeing this E3 which I think is one of the best in those few years I really need bond to move to either Ubsioift or Edios (Square Enix ) or even back to EA games .. its really shame that we dont have a really good memories of this generation with bond game like the previous generation this is all because Activision is copying the COD stuff to bond in way or another ..

I also recommend that we make a group either in twitter or facebook to get EON attention and its just two more years when activision gonna lose the rights (I hope !)

#2 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

I actually liked Quantum Of Solace and thought Treyarch did a fantastic job on it wheareas their second 2008 game World At War was terrible, save Nazi Zombies. I like Blood Stone and it's a shame Bizarre Creations closed. Shame we won't get Raven's Bond Game. Sad Eurocom made GoldenEye into a generic Call Of Duty Game with stealth. I don't really want Bond at Ubisoft or Eidos, hell or back at EA. I used to like Ubisoft, but past few games they have released have been terrible. Eidos is a good, but I wouldn't want a game from them, unless they made it a true spy game and stealth oriented, much like their Hitman franchise. It's more or less the developers fault, for making the game more like Call Of Duty. Activision just publishes games, they are more focused on Call Of Duty, because that is there biggest cash cow franchise. As for EA, I haven't played a great game or even a good game by them since EA Sports MMA, and even that was flawed (Upset EA got licensing rights to future UFC games now). I'm the first one to say that I thought Battlefield 3 was crap. Storyline, Co-Op, Online, everything. An overhyped game which basically killed itself with pointless mandatory updates. I was frustrated that I had Story mode on one disc and Online on the second. it's not like they were making a 2 or 3 disc game like Rockstar. Yes, I love Bond games, but If it doesn't interest me, then it doesn't interest me. 007 Legends could be of those games, especially since its made by Eurocom again. And it's not Activision copying the Call Of Duty format, it's multiple game developers and publishers which are using the same format basically. That's why most FPS games are so generic now. A good third person shooter is hard to come by these days, with last good one I played being Blood Stone.

In all fairness, I'm happy with Bond games as of now. The only issue being Eurocom. I am praying for a Bond game that feels like a true Bond adventure and has stealth and action in the right moments and when needed.

#3 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

you are right

Me or the original Poster.

#4 00 Brosnan

00 Brosnan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

Nintendo needs to pick the license back up and let Retro Studios develop the game.

As disappointed as I am with Activision's run so far, I was never thrilled with what EA did with the license either.

Tomorrow Never Dies was a wasted opportunity (it's playable on a purely nostalgic basis) and was disappointed when they transformed the PS2 version of TWINE into the very mediocre Agent Under Fire. Rogue Agent was just a cash-in attempt on another company's work and FRWL had too many flaws

Nightfire and Everything or Nothing are both pretty good, but two quality games is hardly a success.

And it's not Activision copying the Call Of Duty format, it's multiple game developers and publishers which are using the same format basically. That's why most FPS games are so generic now.

The Bond games (with the exception of Bloodstone) all run on the Call of Duty engine. The gameplay mechanics are all the same from the set-pieces, character movement, and shooting to the use of quick-time events.

It's true, lots of shooters today try to mimick CoD's gameplay, but Bond games aren't mimicing anything...it's the real deal.

Edited by 00 Brosnan, 02 July 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#5 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

In my opinion the EA games all felt phoned in just to make money off the license. I felt QOS was the best bond game since Goldeneye due to its Multiplayer but I do agree that their next games sucked. Every game besides for QOS had the same feeling as the EA games, a sorry excuse just to roll in dough off the brand not the quality of the game itself. QOS was so good that I convinced some friends to buy PS3s just so they can play the multiplayer. Im hoping 007 Legends brings Activision out of its funk because Bloodstone and GE reloaded were not all that amazing. Bloodstone was my least favorite, the multiplayer was so choppy and lacked so much in comparison to QOS that it was laughable. I had the same feeling with GE Reloaded.

#6 conneryboy

conneryboy

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

I was actually thinking recently that EA would brobably make a very good Bond game these days, mainly due to playing both Crysis games, I enjoyed the emphasis on stealth in both these games, plus the all out action in other segments. Now I'm not sugesting that we have a Bond game with stealth/armour suits, but I think the tone could be matched quite well and would be quite cross compatable.

#7 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:54 AM

In my opinion the EA games all felt phoned in just to make money off the license.

That's been pretty much my opinion of all of the games post-GoldenEye 007. They've all been attempts to make money off the licence rather than an actual attempt at making great games. The only ones to even approach respectability were Everything or Nothing and BloodStone, but even they were not what they could or should have been.

#8 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:59 AM

I really think Nightfire is the best of the bunch. A rehash of other Bond plots, yes, but it was brought together in a very high quality package.

#9 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

After 007 Legends' flop I think yes, Activision had its days. Let's get back to EA or Rare, but keep making PC games for God's sake.

#10 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

I certainly hope that EA doesn't get the license back. Granted, they did a better job than Activision has done, but that doesn't mean that they did a good job with it. The only thing that I can think of that would be worse than Activision keeping the license would be for EA to get it back. They need to find a developer that will actually put some resources and effort behind these games and treat them, maybe not as the tentpole of their lineup, like they are an important part of what they're doing.

#11 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

I certainly hope that EA doesn't get the license back. Granted, they did a better job than Activision has done, but that doesn't mean that they did a good job with it. The only thing that I can think of that would be worse than Activision keeping the license would be for EA to get it back. They need to find a developer that will actually put some resources and effort behind these games and treat them, maybe not as the tentpole of their lineup, like they are an important part of what they're doing.

Agreed. I think it's easy for a game company to get caught up in the idea of a franchise like Bond and not put the extra effort in because they presume it will sell anyways. The flop of 007 Legends proves that this isn't the case. EA did a better job overall (the only game I didn't like at all was GoldenEye: Rogue Agent, although that had good multiplayer), but I think it should go to another company entirely. I thought Activision was on to something with Blood Stone, but 007 Legends has gone so far backwards that they've just fallen off a cliff. Give another company a chance I say!

#12 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

Agreed. I think it's easy for a game company to get caught up in the idea of a franchise like Bond and not put the extra effort in because they presume it will sell anyways. The flop of 007 Legends proves that this isn't the case. EA did a better job overall (the only game I didn't like at all was GoldenEye: Rogue Agent, although that had good multiplayer), but I think it should go to another company entirely. I thought Activision was on to something with Blood Stone, but 007 Legends has gone so far backwards that they've just fallen off a cliff. Give another company a chance I say!

I would agree and say that some of EA's output was OK, especially for a time in which we didn't have a film franchise (I think a game or two of theirs came between the Brosnan and Craig tenures). With that said, though, none of them were spectacular games (and none were worth their $49 price tag), and now that the film franchise has raised its game, then why shouldn't we expect the same from the other Bond franchises? EA isn't the company to get Bond to take the leap to the next level. Ideally it would be Rockstar, but that's most likely not ever going to happen. But surely there are some other development studios out there that could, at the very least, churn out games better than FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE and 007 LEGENDS.

#13 Double-0-Seven

Double-0-Seven

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Rockstar would be an exceptional choice but you're right, it probably wouldn't happen. The thing I really like about Rockstar is that they don't do annual games with their big franchises for the sake of getting one out every year. They take their time and focus on giving the best game possible. Max Payne 3 is the most recent Rockstar game I've played, and it was phenomenal. It was like watching a movie in itself but had a nice balance of action, stealth, and some other variety like rail shooting from vehicles. I'd love to see a Bond game done in that style. A variety of gun play, stealth, driving, and all tied together by detailed cinematics and great environments.

#14 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

I too was very impressed with Max Payne 3

#15 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

Rockstar would be an awesome choice, Max Payne 3 was pretty bad ass imagine what they would do with a bond game.. :)

#16 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:48 AM

I wonder if Activision has pulled the plug on whatever they had in the works for the next Bond game after the 007 Legends disaster. I'd like to see a Bond game that takes a few years to make and actually has high production values, a good story and feels like a Bond adventure. No more of this Call of Duty rip-off bull#$*%. We need a developer that would actually care like Rockstar or Naughty Dog. I wonder how Ubisoft would handle it.

#17 michallo_w

michallo_w

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

As for me I would love if Ubisoft could acquire Bond Licence. Their recent games like Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed series, Splinter Cell etc. are really, REALLY good products.

#18 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

I'm all for Ubisoft, In fact I think they would do a great job!

#19 Shaun Forever

Shaun Forever

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

I thought Goldeneye Reloaded was fairly decent, especially online.

Having said that, I've still got a soft spot for 'Agent Under Fire', as it was my first game on the PS2.

#20 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

Having said that, I've still got a soft spot for 'Agent Under Fire', as it was my first game on the PS2.

So do I. I still play it every now and then. It's nowhere near the best, but definitely better than some. *cough cough* 007 Legends *cough cough*

#21 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

I long for the day of a Rockstar-produced open world Bond game.

#22 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

I long for the day of a Rockstar-produced open world Bond game.

That would be wonderful! A GTA Bond style game full of playability, so that when you tire of accomplishing the missions you have fun by shooting civilians and allies away like in the original GoldenEye