This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

What if Terence Young directed a Moore movie?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Golden Claw

Golden Claw

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 219 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

I don't know if this topic has been started before, but couldn't help posting this. I felt it was a pity that Terence Young got to work with only one Bond: the only multiple-time director who was so. I revisited TMWTGG the other day and wondered how it would have been with Terence at the helm (and released a year later in 1975). I bet it would've between a cat-and-mouse chase film between Bond and Scaramanga. Also, Young would've extracted a great performance as Bond from Roger.

Unrelated topic: I would've liked to see a Bond film directed by David Lean and his team. Preferably, a faithful film adaptation of the novel YOLT, directed by David Lean, music by Maurice Jarre, screenplay by Robert Bolt and cinematography by Freddie Young would've been an epic masterpiece.

#2 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

Preferably, a faithful film adaptation of the novel YOLT, directed by David Lean, music by Maurice Jarre, screenplay by Robert Bolt and cinematography by Freddie Young would've been an epic masterpiece.

So basically take the whole crew behind LAWRENCE OF ARABIA?

I'd say keep John Barry, he understood Bond better than any other composer. Also, I don't think Jarre's whimsical Gallic sensibility would fit Bond. Have you seen MIRAGE?

#3 DR76

DR76

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

I don't know if TMWTGG would have been better. I don't think the novel would have been easy to adapt in the first place. And Terence Young did direct DN, which has never impressed me.

#4 Colossus

Colossus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1490 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

Thats my favorite Bond movie!