1294 replies to this topic

#1261 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

Yeah this was a stupid money cash in game... I mean I haven't played it yet, but I looked at some gameplay and it looks really boring.

#1262 ChickenStu

ChickenStu

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

Just sad missed opportunities. Because this game had a Moonraker level, it probably means there won't be a standalone Moonraker game. I thought that would have been an excellent follow up to From Russia With Love. Do the same thing they did with that. Whereas Sean Connery returned to voice our man in that game, they should have got Roger Moore for this and used his likeness too. That movie would make an EXCELLENT videogame. It really would. Such a damn shame they spunked that potential on 007 Legends. 

#1263 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

I can't really argue with the detractors of the this game. I think the biggest problems are one the game feels like it's something from the last generation even though the graphics are a little more polished it makes me think of the older shooters for the Ps2. Honestly that's not much of a problem for me. I still my kicks playing old school games but I can see how this game would feel sub-standard. The other biggest problem is they dropped the ball on Skyfall. IMO for the most part the other missions were not bad. I liked QOS for the Ps3 and for the most part Legends is kinda sorta like that. Given time I've grown to enjoy some of the missions.

The raid on Piz Gloria I enjoyed and the plant mission for LTK. I liked how they updated MR and the film plot would work better in the context of the new private space industry. I didn't like what they did with Felix and I would switch the models for Holly and Jinx. The LTK vehicle mission and showdown with Sanchez was disappointing. I was spoiled by the driving sections of Bloodstone and this no comparison and Sanchez's demise in the game is weak. The DAD driving mission was better and I liked what they did with Zao. Leaving out the snowblower from OHMSS was almost criminal, that was in both the novel and film. Shame the video game didn't continue that. 

But the Skyfall mission misses the mark completely. I almost like the motorcycle chase but again I've done a vehicle chase through the streets of Istanbul in Bloodstone and there it was far better. And then the choice of missions. Everything was pretty the climaxes of those films. After leaving us hanging with the end of the MR mission it goes straight into the SF mission with no explanation and at the beginning of the film no less. The mission is on the disc to begin with so they should have had it unlocked from the start and had dlc of missions from the London and Skyfall settings feature. Maybe that might have helped changed some perceptions.  

For me the games not all bad. In fact this should have been something I loved. But it feels sub-standard compared to some out there and while it's promising and possibly could have been the best Bond game ever given time and effort, but it was rushed out to cash in with the movie. The idea behind the game is good and it had so much potential. If they take their time and make an awesome Bond game, it won't matter if it times into a movie. It can do well. I feel like overall Activision didn't put enough effort into pushing/marketing stuff like Bloodstone. They were all obsessed with the Goldeneye remake, which IMO is a getting a little bland. Hopefully the next game is more like Bloodstone or EON. After playing RE6 I think they should get Capcom to do it. Capcom needs a strong action title to compete with MGS so RE can go back to horror. That's just my two cents.

#1264 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

I think the main problem wasn't the time. I mean, much more time would have helped, because they game was terribly rushed: it's isn't long enough for a movie tie-in, therefore it definitely isn't for six.

But what made the game horrible is the terrible COD-like gameplay: run, shoot, cutscene, run, shoot, cutscene. Every Bond game should be like GoldenEye was.

#1265 ChickenStu

ChickenStu

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

Every Bond game should be like GoldenEye was.

I just ask that they be good. 

I may have a bash at Bloodstone again. I do have a copy of that but sort of gave up on it for some reason. I may give it another go since many in here speak rather highly of it. 

#1266 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

Yes, Bloodstone was a great and fun game. It's a real shame the sequel "Risiko" got scrapped; I really hope someone will buy the rights and will eventually make it.

#1267 Ovnay

Ovnay

Cadet

• Crew
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

I loved Bloodstone, I even completed it on the hardest level. We had an original song, it felt like a bond movie. The car chase scenes could have been better but it was a fun experience.

#1268 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

I'll Take it All was also a very good Bond song, it even included Bond theme. I did complete it too at 007 difficulty, but the last level, the helicopter bit, was a torture.

#1269 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

I also finished Blood Stone on 007 difficulty, but for me that wasn't the hardest part of the game. The hardest for me was getting the 'Speed Run' trophy. God, I swear it took me 2 weeks to do that f***ing thing.

#1270 Janus Assassin

Janus Assassin

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1898 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

After watching some YouTube gameplay of the levels I had never played, I am very glad I didn't buy this game. I rented it and got halfway through the LTK level and had to return it. DAD didn't look half bad, but when I saw the MR level, I almost threw my computer at the wall in frustration as I watched what could have been an amazing level into the gameplay equivalent of a porta potty at a construction site. If I want to play Moonraker, I'll just play the Aztec level in the GE N64. This game is a slap in the face towards the franchise. I wanted for years for them to make a classic Bond games with the classic levels and was very excited when they announced they were doing this. Now, they've ruined my dreams of a classic level Bond game forever. 

#1271 ChickenStu

ChickenStu

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

After watching some YouTube gameplay of the levels I had never played, I am very glad I didn't buy this game. I rented it and got halfway through the LTK level and had to return it. DAD didn't look half bad, but when I saw the MR level, I almost threw my computer at the wall in frustration as I watched what could have been an amazing level into the gameplay equivalent of a porta potty at a construction site. If I want to play Moonraker, I'll just play the Aztec level in the GE N64. This game is a slap in the face towards the franchise. I wanted for years for them to make a classic Bond games with the classic levels and was very excited when they announced they were doing this. Now, they've ruined my dreams of a classic level Bond game forever. 

This. Absolutely this. 

#1272 Iceskater101

Iceskater101

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2398 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:35 AM

Does 007 Legends have easy achievements?

#1273 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

Does 007 Legends have easy achievements?

Search for it.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org

#1274 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:21 PM

Except for the online ones yes.

#1275 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

I got the game, found it a really really cheap price. So far, I must admit I'm really enjoing it, as a videogame.

However, it could have been better.

The story is really rushed. I know the movies and the novels really well, yet there are some really confusing moments. Goldfinger says "We meet again.", yet they never met. I suppose there was the card match before the game took place, but they don't say it. And the Goldfinger mission has no ending. OHMSS skipped the whole movie, and starts after the marriage proposal; then Tracy gets kidnapped by someone. Since he says he's Tracy's father, I suppose he's Draco. Yet, in next mission after, Draco and Bond must save her from Blofeld.

And I hate that they close the doors behind you, so, if you forgot something (like a collectible), you have to replay the whole mission to go back. And I hate the fact that the missions are so long. Couldn't they just cut each mission in two or three parts?

Edited by Walecs, 05 January 2014 - 11:21 AM.

#1276 ChickenStu

ChickenStu

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:28 PM

I really don't feel that this game deserves to be talked about. It is a complete and total embarrassment and an INSULT to Bond, Bond fans and the movies it cribs from. That's probably my final word on the matter. 

#1277 Sir Roger Moore

Sir Roger Moore

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

Sure the single player campaign has it's flaws and was a missed opportunity without a doubt but am I the only one who is ever so slightly addicted to the online multiplayer? I play it on the 360 and it is still quite popular if you play online at the right times. I love gunning people down as Max Zorin or Hugo Drax. :D

#1278 Walecs

Walecs

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

Sure the single player campaign has it's flaws and was a missed opportunity without a doubt but am I the only one who is ever so slightly addicted to the online multiplayer? I play it on the 360 and it is still quite popular if you play online at the right times. I love gunning people down as Max Zorin or Hugo Drax. :D

No, actually, I was addicted to it as well. If you like, add me on XBL (my gamertag is Walecs360). I don't have a gold membership right now, but I have some monthly codes that I will redeem when I have some spare time.

#1279 Monsieur Scaramanga

Monsieur Scaramanga

Cadet

• Crew
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

In all honesty...I think this thread needs to be deleted...permanently and we should never speak of it again.

#1280 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

In all honesty...I think this thread needs to be deleted...permanently and we should never speak of it again.

THANK YOU

#1281 jamie00007

jamie00007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:18 AM

I just picked up the Wii U version cheap. Wow. Did they ever mess this up, the game is literally unplayable. I dont mean unplayable in a hyperbolic "its not good" way, but literally unplayable. The controls are are so broken that the sticks dont even register when you move them until you move them all the way to the edge and then Bond turns like 90 degrees. I had trouble simply moving up the stairs and out the door in the room you start in. Its absolutely criminal that they treated the port of the game with such lack of care. 

#1282 Monsieur Scaramanga

Monsieur Scaramanga

Cadet

• Crew
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

I just picked up the Wii U version cheap. Wow. Did they ever mess this up, the game is literally unplayable. I dont mean unplayable in a hyperbolic "its not good" way, but literally unplayable. The controls are are so broken that the sticks dont even register when you move them until you move them all the way to the edge and then Bond turns like 90 degrees. I had trouble simply moving up the stairs and out the door in the room you start in. Its absolutely criminal that they treated the port of the game with such lack of care. 

You deserve what happened to you when you put the that game in your console. Have you not read the forums about how awful this "game" is? I am sorry but i do not want to hear your nonsense. You knew the risk when you bought the game. Had i been the cashier...i would of slapped you. SORRY but this is for your own good. Forgive me Q.

#1283 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

You deserve what happened to you when you put the that game in your console. Have you not read the forums about how awful this "game" is? I am sorry but i do not want to hear your nonsense. You knew the risk when you bought the game. Had i been the cashier...i would of slapped you. SORRY but this is for your own good. Forgive me Q.

A little harsh, much?

#1284 Monsieur Scaramanga

Monsieur Scaramanga

Cadet

• Crew
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:43 PM

A little harsh, much?

No.

#1285 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:31 PM

A little harsh, much?

No.

I'm not trying to start anything on this forum site, but you were a tad rude to the other gent. 

#1286 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:16 PM

Careful. At the end of the day, we're all Bond fans here. You can't blame someone for wanting to invest in anything Bond related. Regardless of how good or bad it is. 007 Legends is terrible, don't breathe further life into it. 

#1287 Monsieur Scaramanga

Monsieur Scaramanga

Cadet

• Crew
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:37 AM

Careful. At the end of the day, we're all Bond fans here. You can't blame someone for wanting to invest in anything Bond related. Regardless of how good or bad it is. 007 Legends is terrible, don't breathe further life into it. 

Touche Mister Coffee.

#1288 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:44 PM

Got this for my Wii U at Wal-Mart for $7.96. Only played it for about 10 minutes though. 

#1289 Call Billy Bob

Call Billy Bob

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2917 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:49 PM

The concept was an ok idea, the execution was lacking.

#1290 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:08 AM

The concept was an ok idea, the execution was lacking.

The concept, at its core, was OK, but the idea of trying to somehow string them together into a single narrative was just a terrible idea (not that they really accomplished that goal anyway).  For a game like this, it should be done as a third person action game, letting the player play as each of the Bonds in the level(s) that go along with their respective films.  That might have been worth playing, instead of yet another Call of Duty clone.