This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Skyfall Teaser Poster released

437 replies to this topic

Poll: Teaser Poster (141 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like it?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Does your liking or disliking it actually matter?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#421 J B

J B

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:48 AM

If the teaser poster is that one of Bond walking through the gunbarrel-shaped tunnel, then I really like that one. It's an excellent choice.

#422 JCRendle

JCRendle

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3639 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:10 AM

If the teaser poster is that one of Bond walking through the gunbarrel-shaped tunnel, then I really like that one. It's an excellent choice.

That's the real one

#423 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

Argie version is on Nic's vault now. After no awnsers from UIP (Argentinean distributor for Sony/Columbia/MGM) I was lucky enough to get it from a cinema manager who had one of spare. Mind you, it's very unlikely here that someone in the cinemas gives you a poster.

Posted Image

#424 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:26 AM

Ronald Redentor@xeno_r
Ooh, just saw the new #Skyfall poster. Looking forward to it in October!

Edited by Mharkin, 20 July 2012 - 04:26 AM.

#425 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

My guess, guy just saw the teaser poster for the first time. Breathe Harkers

#426 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

Argie version is on Nic's vault now. After no awnsers from UIP (Argentinean distributor for Sony/Columbia/MGM) I was lucky enough to get it from a cinema manager who had one of spare. Mind you, it's very unlikely here that someone in the cinemas gives you a poster. Posted Image

Funny: it's called "Operacion Skyfall" there?

#427 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:48 PM

Argie version is on Nic's vault now. After no awnsers from UIP (Argentinean distributor for Sony/Columbia/MGM) I was lucky enough to get it from a cinema manager who had one of spare. Mind you, it's very unlikely here that someone in the cinemas gives you a poster. Posted Image

It is... and in Mexico and all South America including Brazil! Totally unnesesary the word "Operación", besides, "Thunderball" was "Operación Trueno" in Spain and LA!

#428 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:06 AM

It is... and in Mexico and all South America including Brazil! Totally unnesesary the word "Operación", besides, "Thunderball" was "Operación Trueno" in Spain and LA!

Sweet poster and photo dude! I believe I seen your 007 collection in the 'My Collection' thread and it was impressive to say the least.

I would still rather have the 50th Anniversary poster if I can find it but I'll take whatever I get my hands on.

#429 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:03 AM

Sweet poster and photo dude! I believe I seen your 007 collection in the 'My Collection' thread and it was impressive to say the least.

I would still rather have the 50th Anniversary poster if I can find it but I'll take whatever I get my hands on.

I know where to get one custome made! :)

#430 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

So any guesses when the next teaser poster is coming or the poster? Would have thought it would have come out by now.

#431 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

This design should be

http://jamesbondbras...ll_display2.png

;)

#432 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:58 AM

I agree. It's much more striking and original than the gunbarrel design. I especially love the way that the 007 gun emblem is echoed in the angle of Craig's right leg. The whole composition has a meandering, serpentine quality. It puts me in the mind of Komodo dragons.

#433 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

He looks like he's trying to shoot himself in the foot.

Hmm.

#434 MajorB

MajorB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3700 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

He really wants to be "done" with operation Skyfall!

#435 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

'Dear James,

whenever you take a Skyfall - I'll be there for you!

-Floor'

Edited by Dustin, 26 July 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#436 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

Hmm.

Looks like he already did.

Hopefully EON/Sony/MGM are going to reverse the trends of the previous two films and deliver a truly great theatrical poster. The teaser posters for the past two films have been better than the theatrical (although in the case of QoS, only marginally), but the two pieces of artwork that have been released for Skyfall so far have been underwhelming, to say the least.

#437 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

I like the 'standee.' That's the posture I like to be in while I'm watching the Bond Films.

#438 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

Hmm.

Looks like he already did.

Hopefully EON/Sony/MGM are going to reverse the trends of the previous two films and deliver a truly great theatrical poster. The teaser posters for the past two films have been better than the theatrical (although in the case of QoS, only marginally), but the two pieces of artwork that have been released for Skyfall so far have been underwhelming, to say the least.

I do agree. The theatrical posters were quite dull and unispired, whereas the teasers really, well, teased you.
I so hope they would resume the tradition of terrific artwork for Bond posters that clearly stood out from your average movie poster.