I have the same question

#3 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:12 AM

Profile > My Settings > General Account Settings > Change your photo...

#4 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:17 AM

I dont see the change your photo option. Is it only allowed once you post a certain amount of times?

#5 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:38 AM

I'm not sure if this is correct but if I recall, it's at a 1000 posts you get to post an avatar. The other way to do it I believe is link with a Facebook account or something but then it grabs the photo from there. I could be wrong but this is what I recall.

#6 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:44 AM

Thats what I thought. Personally I think its stupid, you should be able to have a pic from day one

#7 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:06 AM

They do that because 1000 posts is something for you to work for. Once you become a vet, if I recall correctly, you can also have up to three signatures that you can interchange, unless that is no longer the case.

#8 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

Thats what I thought. Personally I think its stupid, you should be able to have a pic from day one

I think so too. One should be able to display a pic, just as in any other Forum. After all, we get to choose a name and all sorts of preference settings; a picture seems an obvious part of a Forumer's ID.
Maybe the new-shaped Forum will allow us that?

#9 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:45 AM

Used to, you could have an avatar. I wonder if maybe that part has not been re set up yet for the new forum look.

#10 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

Setting an avatar is normally no problem. But currently, we're happy that the forums are up and running again at all.
We're working on getting everything back to normal asap. The user photo restriction is a relic of our strict copyright policy, could be that this will change.
Thanks for your patience.

#11 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

You guys are doing fine work. Thank you so much for your pains!

#12 LoveVolpe

LoveVolpe

Cadet

• Crew
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:01 PM

Thanks everyone. I could see 100 posts maybe but 1000 seems crazy. Oh well, I'll stay tuned.

#13 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:52 AM

Setting an avatar is normally no problem. But currently, we're happy that the forums are up and running again at all.
We're working on getting everything back to normal asap. The user photo restriction is a relic of our strict copyright policy, could be that this will change.
Thanks for your patience.

Right you are. It's running great already.
I guess it's only natural that in the midst of the updating process some suggestions pop up on the side.
But in any case you've done a terrific work. It's much more user-friendly.

#14 col_007

col_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

The user photo restriction is a relic of our strict copyright policy

So if i had an avatar of all the bonds would i be asked to remove it ????

#15 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

Depends on the avatar. Off limits is basically everything that's Eon copyrighted, especially 007 gun logos, the classic Bond silhouettes, the gunbarrel, but also official posters, promoshots etc. Personally, I'd love to handle this less strict, but we've been in trouble because of such things before and it almost killed the site - we don't want to have that again.
If you manage to create an avatar that consists of non-Eon images of all Bonds, it shouldn't be a problem, unless we get a complaint from a copyright holder. We're currently working on a solution to bring back the old avatar galleries in some way. Thing is that what was meant as a quick board update turned out to be a major can of worms at the wrong time, as the whole structure of the boards has been changed by IPB and there has to be done a lot of work in the background.

#16 col_007

col_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

Depends on the avatar. Off limits is basically everything that's Eon copyrighted, especially 007 gun logos, the classic Bond silhouettes, the gunbarrel, but also official posters, promoshots etc. Personally, I'd love to handle this less strict, but we've been in trouble because of such things before and it almost killed the site - we don't want to have that again.
If you manage to create an avatar that consists of non-Eon images of all Bonds, it shouldn't be a problem, unless we get a complaint from a copyright holder. We're currently working on a solution to bring back the old avatar galleries in some way. Thing is that what was meant as a quick board update turned out to be a major can of worms at the wrong time, as the whole structure of the boards has been changed by IPB and there has to be done a lot of work in the background.

OK many thanks for the reply it was a picture with all the bonds posing with there guns a friend of mine made it for me in a few years back

Edited by col_007, 03 January 2012 - 10:16 PM.

#17 OwenDavian

OwenDavian

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:01 AM

So you still can't upload an avatar?

#18 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:09 AM

1000 posts!? I don't have that much time to waste on these forums! ;)

#19 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:17 AM

I'm not around that long, too. But you guys can upload an image by your twitter/facebook accounts.

#20 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

Team, is there any new development on the possibility to set an avatar?

#21 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Team, is there any new development on the possibility to set an avatar?

I started a https://en.gravatar.com/ account and added it as my website in my profile settings.

#22 AgentBentley

AgentBentley

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

OK, I was just wondering how to upload an avatar, going through the Help list, and so on. Now I understand.
I took a picture of a Skyfall poster outside an Omega shop that I thought would make a good avatar on here. Will try the Twitter/Facebook method later.

#23 B5Erik

B5Erik

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 465 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

I still can't upload an Avatar pic.

Is it still stuck to the 1,000 posts thing? Because if it is I could always just start posting a bunch of nonsense to get to the 1,000 posts quickly.... :P

Between the two accounts I've had I'm pretty close to 1,000 posts, but I couldn't access my initial account for a couple years for some reason (I wasn't banned or anything, but I couldn't get the right e-mail/password combo to work) so I created a second one that I used until I was able to get into the first one again.

#24 Shaun Forever

Shaun Forever

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

I think it's a massive shame that we cannot use official images, but I understand and will co-operate with the rule completely.

You'd think that powers that be at MGM, Eon or whoever would turn a blind eye to it, after all we are all just James Bond fans, showing

our passion for the series, it's not as if we would ever sell the images, or hot-link from them.

It's like a lot of the football (soccer) forums I go on, don't allow images of the club badges, for fear or prosecution, I just think that's a great

shame, after all, where would they be without the fans?

Still, I know there's nothing the admin team on here can do about it, so I don't want you all to think I'm complaining.

#25 supernova

supernova

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

I had an avatar on the day I joined Commander Bond, but now that you have a 1,000 post policy - my avatar as disappeared. Such a pity. Hope you guys rethink your policy on this as I have under 300 posts and am a LONG way off target.

#26 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

You have the option to use an avatar connected to your twitter/Facebook account, regardless of your post count.

#27 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

That's what I did.

Reply to this topic