103 replies to this topic

#91 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:24 PM

Having looked through the settings for the updated forum, it appears as though the InvisionBoard developers have done away with avatars. Profile photos is what remains, and the CBn team are currently discussing how we want to manage this, or if we want to keep it at all and just use signatures. Or the other way around.

Courtesy of our fearless leader, The Admiral, Apparently, he is pondering getting rid of either sigs or Profile pix. Personally, I say lose the pix.

#92 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

I just notice that the colour scheme for the results of polls is still in need of fine-tuning, see for example the DC vs. the kardashian nemesis thread.

#93 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

Having looked through the settings for the updated forum, it appears as though the InvisionBoard developers have done away with avatars. Profile photos is what remains, and the CBn team are currently discussing how we want to manage this, or if we want to keep it at all and just use signatures. Or the other way around.

Courtesy of our fearless leader, The Admiral, Apparently, he is pondering getting rid of either sigs or Profile pix. Personally, I say lose the pix.

Why get rid of them? I say give every user the ability to access profile pictures, like EVERY OTHER FORUM IN THE WORLD. Imagine how plain the website would look with no personality!

#94 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

I just notice that the colour scheme for the results of polls is still in need of fine-tuning, see for example the DC vs. the kardashian nemesis thread.

It´s all a bit white-ish, isn´t it?

#95 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:24 PM

Why get rid of them? I say give every user the ability to access profile pictures, like EVERY OTHER FORUM IN THE WORLD. Imagine how plain the website would look with no personality!

Why be like EVERY OTHER FORUM IN THE WORLD, though?

#96 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

Far as I can see there is already the ability to access profile pictures by way of Facebook & twitter. I'm not around for ten years, nor do I post a lot. And still I was able to connect this -admittedly not too striking - resemblance of my features. So it's not as if us ordinary sparingly posting members have no other choice than to identify with the silhouette the forum skin provides.

#97 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

Far as I can see there is already the ability to access profile pictures by way of Facebook & twitter. I'm not around for ten years, nor do I post a lot. And still I was able to connect this -admittedly not too striking - resemblance of my features. So it's not as if us ordinary sparingly posting members have no other choice than to identify with the silhouette the forum skin provides.

Oh, thank you Dustin! I didn't know you could do that.

#98 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:54 PM

You're welcome, no big deal.

#99 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:48 AM

I just notice the colour scheme still needs some attention where polls and results of such are concerned. Much in the way the profile page was almost unreadable before it became perfect. A similar fine-tuning job would probably do the trick, one suspects.

#100 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:28 AM

I dont know if anyone has this but when I click on my username the bar doesnt show completely for internet explorer 9 but chrome and firefox seem to be fine? is that IE bug?

#101 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:23 PM

As above, the polls seem very white and lacking any contrast - at least on my laptop.

Also, is there any relevance in making the Reply to This Topic box, black!

Altogether less strain on the eyes.

Apologies if this is already in hand - or equally dismissed.

#102 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:06 PM

Hi Team!
It all works great for me.
Just one thing to mention: the smileys don't work. Irrespective of the computer I use (at home, at the office, even on my mobile phone), I can't see them.

Besides, as a side-issue: any news on the possibility to set an "avatar" before reaching Darth Vader level?

#103 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

Besides, as a side-issue: any news on the possibility to set an "avatar" before reaching Darth Vader level?

I got my avatar by signing up with Facebook; should also work with Twitter. You can then load an avatar or picture from those accounts. Hope this helps.

#104 Messervy

Messervy

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1369 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

Thanks Dustin. Only, I'm not on FB nor on Twitter!...

#105 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

Well, I suspect something's in the works still. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.