The Videogame Gunbarrels

29 replies to this topic

#1 Tobbii

Tobbii

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:18 PM

I did a video a few months back spotting the evolution of the 007 videogames' different gunbarrel sequences, from A View to A Kill to the unused Blood Stone gunbarrel. I think I got all of them, if not then please tell me.

The reason I bring this up however is that I wanted to hear which videogame gunbarrel sequence is your guys favourite, personally I've got to say that the music in the GameBoy Color version of The World is Not Enough really grew on me.

#2 mttvolcano

mttvolcano

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

Unused bloodstone one?
That's awesome!

#3 Tobbii

Tobbii

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:31 PM

Unused bloodstone one?
That's awesome!

Yeah, I think my video is the only one not taken down by Activision. But there used to be a few on there that had it, basically it was found in the PC versions files.

#4 TQB

TQB

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:35 PM

very nice- I didn't know there were Moore video games. That's funny. I like the EON gameboy music.

#5 Tobbii

Tobbii

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

very nice- I didn't know there were Moore video games. That's funny. I like the EON gameboy music.

The funniest thing about the Moore games is that one of them actually doesn't use Moore's resemblance (Spy Who Loved Me) but instead goes for it's own design, sort of like Agent Under Fire.

#6 TCK

TCK

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:56 PM

Goldeneye 64, so classic !

#7 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:53 AM

The Nightfire one you used is the PC version but the console one had different (and imo better) music which merged nicely into the pretitle sequence.

Edit: The Paris opening sequence -
Forgot how much I used to play this game. Wonderful stuff.

#8 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:37 AM

Nightfire will always be the best Bond adventure put to gaming consoles. In retrospect we were really spoiled with that one, despite EoN's voice pedigree, NF is the better designed game.

#9 Tobbii

Tobbii

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:14 PM

The Nightfire one you used is the PC version but the console one had different (and imo better) music which merged nicely into the pretitle sequence.

Edit: The Paris opening sequence -
Forgot how much I used to play this game. Wonderful stuff.

Didn't think about that, I'll make sure to add that when/if I do a revised version.

#10 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:18 PM

This is great. Love seeing the Commodore 64 & Amiga stuff again. :tup:

For Blood Stone, the gunbarrel isn't unused - it's an easter egg. When you finish the game on 007 difficulty, the highest difficulty setting, it plays.

#11 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

I wonder why we didn't have one for GoldenEye: Reloaded.

Edited by Mharkin, 04 December 2011 - 04:20 PM.

#12 Tobbii

Tobbii

Cadet

• Crew
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:30 PM

For Blood Stone, the gunbarrel isn't unused - it's an easter egg. When you finish the game on 007 difficulty, the highest difficulty setting, it plays.

Really? That's not the story I heard (Have not finished on 007), wonder why it get taken down all the time then.

I wonder why we didn't have one for GoldenEye: Reloaded.

Well GoldenEye Wii didn't have one either, I did see a really good mockup of one though where the barrel turned into the Mi6 User Interface dot at the start of a mission briefing.

#13 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

Yes, this one I believe?

#14 Trevelyan 006

Trevelyan 006

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

Yes, this one I believe?

This One Here Is Quite Cool, It's A Shame Something Like It Wasn't Used. :tup:

As Far As My Favorite Video Game Version Of The Gunbarrel Sequence, I'd Safely Say The GoldenEye 64 Version Will Always Stick With Me. Oh, The Childhood Memories ! :D

#15 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:50 AM

Really? That's not the story I heard (Have not finished on 007), wonder why it get taken down all the time then.

I remember reading this soon after the game was released on one of the Bond sites or IGN about it. I wrote it off because I never planned on finishing the game on 007 difficulty. Seems like that may be urban legend. Kinda seems typical of Activision, though. They spend money to have the gunbarrel made, put it on the disc, & then decide not to use it. :dizzy:

#16 JB007YH

JB007YH

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:26 AM

What about Agent Under Fire?

#17 Mr Twilight

Mr Twilight

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:40 AM

I'm not a gamer so most of them is new to me. Did 007 racing and GoldenEye Rouge Agent have some gunbarrels?

#18 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:41 PM

Unfortunately 007 Racing, GoldenEye: Rogue Agent and Agent Under Fire did not have gun barrel sequences.

Nightfire will always be the best Bond adventure put to gaming consoles. In retrospect we were really spoiled with that one, despite EoN's voice pedigree, NF is the better designed game.

The console version really was a great game. Great single player, great multiplayer and just so much replayabilty. It truly was the first one to give the original GoldenEye64 a run for its money.

I can still remember how disappointed I was with Everything or Nothing. Such a let down.

#19 Dr. Metz

Dr. Metz

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:40 AM

The Nightfire gunbarrel 2:09 is just so terrible, especially from 2:17 on. The gunbarrels for the portable games sound better than that one.

The console version really was a great game. Great single player, great multiplayer and just so much replayabilty. It truly was the first one to give the original GoldenEye64 a run for its money.

I can still remember how disappointed I was with Everything or Nothing. Such a let down.

I preferred Agent Under Fire over Nightfire, to be honest. EoN wasn't that bad from what I remember. I really liked the FRWL video game adaptation though, I wish they would do something like that again, maybe for OHMSS or Thunderball.

#20 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 07:57 AM

Why no gun barrel for TWINE for the N64 or PS?

#21 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:18 AM

The N64 version never had one and I believe the PS version just used a poor quality video from the film itself.

#22 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

The N64 version never had one and I believe the PS version just used a poor quality video from the film itself.

Correct. Both games adaptations of TND and TWINE used clips from the films although often edited to speed up the action.

#23 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:43 PM

I loved the AVATK one - highly amusing.

#24 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:03 PM

I feel so dumb. I actually own TWINE for the N64. Problem is I haven't played it from the beginning in so long, I actually forgot that there wasn't a gun barrel in it. My apologies to you, Tobbi. My brain recently has just been practically leaking out of my ears.

#25 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:15 AM

I find it interesting that neither Blood Stone nor Goldeneye featured a gunbarrel, especially when you consider how remembered the 64 Goldeneye is for starting with the barrel. They have the Bond license after all....so why not use a gunbarrel.

Eon involvement perhaps because they don't know where to go next with the gunbarrel?

#26 michallo_w

michallo_w

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

I find it interesting that neither Blood Stone nor Goldeneye featured a gunbarrel, especially when you consider how remembered the 64 Goldeneye is for starting with the barrel. They have the Bond license after all....so why not use a gunbarrel.

Eon involvement perhaps because they don't know where to go next with the gunbarrel?

I guess the really didn't know where to go with it next. The again - QoS had a gunbarrel, so I don't really know why postQoS games didn't have it. I hope we'll see one in 007 Legends.

#27 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

Is that only on pc? Because I finished the game on 007 difficulty on PS3 and no gunbarrel.

#28 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

anyone else notice/find it funny that bond has a silencer in the bloodstone gunbarrel? the gun shot still seems quite loud though. also a bit sloppy how bond seems to be almost waving the gun around before he shoots, in the gun barrels you usually don't see the gun until it's fired, as if bond is pretending to be oblivious to an on looking foe, only to suddenly strike.

still, pretty well made gun barrel, love bloodstone!

awesome vid, really takes me through the years

#29 Lancaster

Lancaster

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Thanks for sharing all of these, brings back memories. I think that the history of Bond games is an interesting subject which would make a great book. Sections about each game and lots of screen shots. I remember playing the Live And Let Die boat chase on the Spectrum.

#30 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

I'm not a gamer so most of them is new to me. Did 007 racing and GoldenEye Rouge Agent have some gunbarrels?

007 Racing uses the same from TWINE (movie). GERA I think has the dots during the main titles, then fading to Dr No shooting Goldeneye.