1981 replies to this topic

#61 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

They are currently filming in London, probably at Canary Riverside...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaynoir/
Edit: shooting is scheduled for tomorrow, today they are setting up filming

Edited by Luigi Ferrari, 30 November 2011 - 09:40 AM.

#62 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

Good find. Shame I can't get there tomorrow. If it's not a closed interior set, I'm sure some pictures will surface though.

#63 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:29 PM

When exactly is it implied that M lives in Canary Wharf?

When the view outside her apartment window suggests the apartment is in a highrise building.

Ahh. I didn't know enough about London to associate high rise buildings with that district.

#64 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

Good find. Shame I can't get there tomorrow. If it's not a closed interior set, I'm sure some pictures will surface though.

Unfortunately it is likely to be a closed interior set.The low building in the photo is the pool of the Four Seasons Hotel and the crew is setting up blackout windows...
Attached File  CAW_027_616x493.jpg   69.08KB   65 downloads
http://pic.twitter.com/nSIls6mi

#65 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

Unfortunately it is likely to be a closed interior set.The low building in the photo is the pool of the Four Seasons Hotel and the crew is setting up blackout windows...
Attached File  CAW_027_616x493.jpg   69.08KB   65 downloads
http://pic.twitter.com/nSIls6mi

Hmm. I´m in London this weekend. Does anybody know if they will shoot at Canary Riverside for more than one day? Or where they will continue to shoot?

#66 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

Hmm. I´m in London this weekend. Does anybody know if they will shoot at Canary Riverside for more than one day? Or where they will continue to shoot?

According to this pic, they've been shooting today, and will continue on tomorrow and Friday.

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

#67 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

According to this pic, they've been shooting today, and will continue on tomorrow and Friday.

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

Filming is only on Thursday December 1st and is planned to be completed by 8pm. The day before and after are setup and breakdown.

#68 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:24 AM

"Crazy times, my mates a nanny and they're shooting some of the new James Bond film at her work!" was posted on Twitter 12 hours ago.Ideas?

#69 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

"Crazy times, my mates a nanny and they're shooting some of the new James Bond film at her work!" was posted on Twitter 12 hours ago.Ideas?

do you have link?

#70 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:34 AM

emmahunt10 Emma Hunt

Edited by Luigi Ferrari, 01 December 2011 - 12:40 AM.

#71 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

So, filming is taking place on The Canary Wharf Riverside at the moment...we should expect photos on location very soon.

xxx

#72 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:45 PM

So, filming is taking place on The Canary Wharf Riverside at the moment...we should expect photos on location very soon.

xxx

Well, inside the spa – and the windows not directly facing the Thames have been blacked-out. Still, we might get something.

#73 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

They're still filming at Four Seasons Hotel
http://pic.twitter.com/wRl8xU0T

#74 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

It seems as if the windows were blacked out on the Thames side too – which does seem strange. (well they were at lunch time)
Perhaps if the scene is set at night, the close-ups were done during the day with blacked out windows; then removed for wide-shots, once the sun had gone down.
They are also filming in the hotel itself – sounds like a party sequence.

#75 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:01 PM

What do you think about the following equation?
Exclusive location + night scene = Bond wearing a tuxedo

#76 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

Who says Bond's involved?

#77 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:02 AM

When was the last time a swanky party scene was featured without Bond?

But it would be interesting if, say, the villains were using this scene for a meeting.

#78 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:15 AM

That's what I was thinking. TBH, the Canary Wharf/Docklands location took my mind at first to THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY. Strangely enough, that film proved prophetic (or sorta, if we substitute Tower Hamlets with Newham) in regards to the Olympic Games.

#79 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:14 AM

MI6 are saying that the black outs stayed all day and that the pool is intended to be in Shanghai.

I’m going to stick my neck out here and say I think MI6 must have it wrong, for this reason –
There were black out boards on ALL the windows, ALL round the pool, meaning whichever why you pointed the camera in long-shot, you’d see the blacked out windows. Which are just large bits of plywood with black plastic, like a bin bag, stretched over – not a good look.
So I’m saying, that for at least some of the shoot, the black outs were removed to show the view of London.

Before someone says a view could be added digitally, yes it could, but that’s not done over black outs. For an add-on digital view, large green screens would be placed around the building, away from the glass.

#80 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

Well, still no photos of yesterday shooting. The only pictures we have so far all belong to shooting on location, and given the secrecy about this film, I do not expect Eon to spread official pictures soon, especially considering that yesterday was shot probably one of the most awaited scenes from all the Bond fans. I'll try to explain it. The set is a swimming pool and Spa .
Sometimes things are more obvious than we expect. What would you expect to see in a scene set in a swimming pool? Personally, I would expect to see people (if possible young and good looking) in swimsuits. So I just think that the scene in the swimming pool will feature Daniel Craig and Berenice Marlohe and perhaps Javier Bardem. We know that in Skyfall there will be a scene where Bond will appear shirtless (to the delight of female audience!), after all the athletic body is one of the strengths of Daniel Craig. But in order to be credible the scene also needs a female member. If you re-read the news about the press conference of Skyfall you’ll find this interesting information:
http://www.dailymail...ce-Marlohe.html
"She also enjoys being photographed and recently shot a series of sexy and sultry snaps in Paris and during the shoot she told friends that she hoped there would be a scene in Skyfall where she gets to wear a bathing suit.
Given yesterday shooting we actually know that in the movie there will be a scene set in a swimming pool. Mere coincidence? Marlohe’s statement probably dates back to the screen test the actress did for Bond 23. We know that the screen test consisted of two scenes, but the actress has not revealed anything about the content. Let's try to reason. If you were the casting director what scenes would you use to test if an actress is credible in the role of a Bond girl? Given the role, one would certainly be a love scene involving 007 in which the actress is supposed to be partially undressed. In this case, an exclusive swimming pool would provide all the ideal characteristics and that's the reason why I think that yesterday at the Four Seasons Hotel was filmed a sensual scene in the swimming pool featuring Bond and Severin. Unfortunately we have nothing to prove it, so we just have to wait for the movie ...

#81 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

I think everyone assumed it was likely that either Bond, one of the Bond girls, both of the Bond girls, Bond and a Bond girl, Bond and both Bond girls, the villain, the villain and a Bond girl etc, etc… would be seen frolicking in the pool. ;)

#82 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

I think everyone assumed it was likely that either Bond, one of the Bond girls, both of the Bond girls, Bond and a Bond girl, Bond and both Bond girls, the villain, the villain and a Bond girl etc, etc… would be seen frolicking in the pool. ;)

I think we've also speculated that it might be M going for a swim, M frolicking with Finney's character or Bond and M frolicking.

Or my favourite, Bond shoots M in the pool (with the Beretta). Blood an pools alsways looks very cinematic, add the London skyline and some great lighting and we're on to a winner.

I'll settle for Severine skinny dipping, though.

#83 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

I think we've also speculated that it might be M going for a swim, M frolicking with Finney's character or Bond and M frolicking.

Or my favourite, Bond shoots M in the pool (with the Beretta). Blood an pools alsways looks very cinematic, add the London skyline and some great lighting and we're on to a winner.

I'll settle for Severine skinny dipping, though.

I’m loving the two “frolicking” in one sentence. :tup:
Frolicking, that’s what this film needs, and plenty of it!

#84 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

http://www.splashnew..._003-wm900-jpg/
In the caption it is written that Craig is swimming on a rooftop pool.But the Four Seasons Hotel's swimming pool is not located on a rooftop.Is it possible that the reporter heard the rumour that in the movie they want to use the Four Seasons' pool as a rooftop pool? The building in the picture however is not the Four Seasons Hotel,it's the One Canada Square
http://en.wikipedia....e_Canada_Square

Edited by Luigi Ferrari, 03 December 2011 - 01:45 AM.

#85 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

Skyfall filming at Department of Energy & Climate Change next week.
http://www.decc.gov....contact_us.aspx

#86 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:03 PM

Where did that news come from?

#87 007jamesbond

007jamesbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1371 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

Skyfall filming at Department of Energy & Climate Change next week.
http://www.decc.gov....contact_us.aspx

where did you get that detail from?

#88 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:03 PM

This is the building:

Posted Image

You wouldn't know it was the Department of Energy and Climate Change unless you were told; it looks just like any other government building. So before anyone jumps to the conclusion that SKYFALL will have something to do with energy and climate change, I'm going to get in first and say that I think this will ust double for a government ministry. Maybe the Ministry of Defence.

#89 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:05 PM

Most likely.

#90 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans