34 replies to this topic

#31 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:02 PM

Haven't ever seen the Barry Nelson thing. Obviously hasn't exactly been weighing on my soul, as I didn't even think of it until I read other people mention it. I haven't avoided it, but it was barely released commerically in the UK. I think I saw the VHS for sale second hand once, but it was expensive and I think it was a cut version too. IIRC the version on the Region 1 CR DVD is cut too, and even if it's not I've never mustered up enough enthusiasm to import it. I don't really like watching anything longer than a Road Runner cartoon on a computer moniter, so that's rules YouTube et. al out too.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever watched all of CR '67 in one sitting, and I've never owned it, although I am something of a fan.

#32 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

I've seen (and own) all of the movies (although my NSNA is messed up and will only play in the computer try and figure that one out) I currently am reading all the Flemings (gonna try to read TSWLM, never could for some reason), played and beat all the ps2 games and the original Goldeneye and The World is not enough at least once, and read a few of the continuation novels. Most of what I have not done is due to money constraints.

#33 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

I've seen (and own) all of the movies (although my NSNA is messed up and will only play in the computer try and figure that one out) I currently am reading all the Flemings (gonna try to read TSWLM, never could for some reason), played and beat all the ps2 games and the original Goldeneye and The World is not enough at least once, and read a few of the continuation novels. Most of what I have not done is due to money constraints.

If your copy of NSNA is the original one (with the cover that imitates the Special Edition artwork) it's possible that you have one of the copies with an error that happened to be prevalent throughout the original pressings. My original NSNA has a few issues, mostly with the section of the film where the layer switch occurs... which, I believe, is during the end of the Largo party when Bond retrieves the "bomb" from the man in the coat check. There are also quite a few copies of the SE version of TMWTGG that have layer switch issues, as well.

#34 Jaws0178

Jaws0178

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1612 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:39 AM

This is the cover of my copy: http://www.covershut...-Cover-3580.jpg
And this is the DVD: http://www.covershut...-Cover-3580.jpg

It hangs up around the point where Bond gives the guy the "bomb"

#35 Goodnight

Goodnight

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:14 AM

I bought Never Say Never Again on VHS around the same time DAD was in cinemas (about 9 years ago).

I still haven't watched it.

Terrible....yes I know. :/