#1 Luigi Ferrari

Luigi Ferrari

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:17 PM

http://news.backchin...203-gb2312.html
I'm not a cunning linguist (well, at least not as James Bond ;)),so, please, forgive me if I will report some inaccuracies.
From what I understand the cast of Skyfall is expected to shoot in Shanghai later this year. The shooting will last 23 days and is planned to start in the days before Christmas.
The article says also that long ago, "007" crew,a group of no more than five people including three foreigners and two Chinese,arrived there for take a look at possible locations: I understand that the crew visited some areas of the old car scene in Shanghai.
Is there someone here who could translate it into English?

Edited by Luigi Ferrari, 17 November 2011 - 09:23 AM.

#2 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

"Christmas this year, Shanghai or will usher in a "mystery" guest - James Bond. Reporters recently learned from parties concerned, the first 23 "007" series of films "sky falling" crew has secretly to Shanghai to see King. Film initially in Shanghai later this year before Christmas shooting. Although not yet determined the final shooting location, but the emphasis on the Chinese market, "007" should be first set foot in China is expected to perform tasks.   49 years has been accompanied by the audience through the "007" series of films, the first 23 in the shoot, he had once encountered interrupted crisis. As MGM's financial crisis exposed, many people worried that so many fans worrying about agents can only be history. Fortunately, not long ago, MGM has finally announced to the outside world, "007" in return - Section 23, "007" movie will be held November 9, 2012 worldwide release.   According to the reporter last night to get the latest news, No. 23, "007" movie now officially named the "sky falling (Skyfall)". Prior to the film was also named the "discretionary (Carte Blanche)", taken from the latest just published a "007" novel. As the crew of the script strictly confidential and spread out the news just now that there will be some videos and links on terror.   Keen to come to China in recent years Hollywood viewfinder, especially in the "Mission Impossible 3" after the success of "007" is also considered to Chinese folk songs. Reporters learned that long ago, "007" crew arrived there a few low-key person in charge looked at some of the King. According to informed sources, overwhelmed by the mystery of Shanghai rude cast members James Bond, the members of the group of no more than five people, including three foreigners and two Chinese.   Currently the main pier crew saw some of the old car scene Shanghai area, although there is no finalize the trip, but according to "sky fall" of the shooting schedule, the most likely time taken to Shanghai have to wait until around Christmas. As for the shooting in Shanghai to participate in the plot and actors, the relevant sources, as very few people currently participating in, only a preliminary look at King, has not yet determined the specific circumstances, "but should not be just a very simple lens, is expected to take twenty-three days. "   Reporters recently visited Chedun film base also found that the entire street of Shanghai were demolished several buildings in the reconstruction, but the responsible person on site and did not disclose whether it is a "007" series of films prepared, only the normal stress is maintenance.   Section 23, "007" by Sam Mendes film as director, Daniel Craig James Bond to continue playing, Judi Dench will play the seventh Bond's boss M, and Javier Baden and Ralph Fiennes is likely to be the embodiment of villain. Thousands of fans awaited the new term co-star will be featuring Rachel Erwei position. "

translation..

I expect Shanhai will be where they film from early december to febuary with a christmas vacation.

#3 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

I once tried the Rachel Erwei position, but I'm not flexible enough.

#4 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

"Christmas this year, Shanghai or will usher in a "mystery" guest - James Bond. Reporters recently learned from parties concerned, the first 23 "007" series of films "sky falling" crew has secretly to Shanghai to see King. Film initially in Shanghai later this year before Christmas shooting. Although not yet determined the final shooting location, but the emphasis on the Chinese market, "007" should be first set foot in China is expected to perform tasks.   49 years has been accompanied by the audience through the "007" series of films, the first 23 in the shoot, he had once encountered interrupted crisis. As MGM's financial crisis exposed, many people worried that so many fans worrying about agents can only be history. Fortunately, not long ago, MGM has finally announced to the outside world, "007" in return - Section 23, "007" movie will be held November 9, 2012 worldwide release.   According to the reporter last night to get the latest news, No. 23, "007" movie now officially named the "sky falling (Skyfall)". Prior to the film was also named the "discretionary (Carte Blanche)", taken from the latest just published a "007" novel. As the crew of the script strictly confidential and spread out the news just now that there will be some videos and links on terror.   Keen to come to China in recent years Hollywood viewfinder, especially in the "Mission Impossible 3" after the success of "007" is also considered to Chinese folk songs. Reporters learned that long ago, "007" crew arrived there a few low-key person in charge looked at some of the King. According to informed sources, overwhelmed by the mystery of Shanghai rude cast members James Bond, the members of the group of no more than five people, including three foreigners and two Chinese.   Currently the main pier crew saw some of the old car scene Shanghai area, although there is no finalize the trip, but according to "sky fall" of the shooting schedule, the most likely time taken to Shanghai have to wait until around Christmas. As for the shooting in Shanghai to participate in the plot and actors, the relevant sources, as very few people currently participating in, only a preliminary look at King, has not yet determined the specific circumstances, "but should not be just a very simple lens, is expected to take twenty-three days. "   Reporters recently visited Chedun film base also found that the entire street of Shanghai were demolished several buildings in the reconstruction, but the responsible person on site and did not disclose whether it is a "007" series of films prepared, only the normal stress is maintenance.   Section 23, "007" by Sam Mendes film as director, Daniel Craig James Bond to continue playing, Judi Dench will play the seventh Bond's boss M, and Javier Baden and Ralph Fiennes is likely to be the embodiment of villain. Thousands of fans awaited the new term co-star will be featuring Rachel Erwei position. "

translation..

Into what?

I expect Shanhai will be where they film from early december to febuary with a christmas vacation.

Missed a bit.

#5 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 05:20 AM

translation..

That's what you get when you use Babelfish or Google Translate - it cannot translate syntax or grammar.

#6 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:42 AM

translation..

I dare say, I might have read that if you actually put in paragraph breaks.

Better luck next time old chap.

#7 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

translation..

That's what you get when you use Babelfish or Google Translate - it cannot translate syntax or grammar.

I can't read Chinese so I used Google translate. he asked for a translation I gave it.

#8 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

23 days is a fairly decent chunk of shooting time. Interested to see whether that ends up being entirely in Shanghai, or also other parts of China. Also wondering whether the rumoured Great Wall of China motorbike chase exists in the shooting plans.

#9 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

Surely not. That sounds more like Inspector Gadget than James Bond.

#10 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:33 PM

I can't read Chinese so I used Google translate. he asked for a translation I gave it.

No you didn't. You put it into a translator and it produced nonsense. I tried to read it, but I gave up after the sixth attempt. There's no meaning to it - it's just words.

#11 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:32 AM

23 days is a fairly decent chunk of shooting time. Interested to see whether that ends up being entirely in Shanghai, or also other parts of China. Also wondering whether the rumoured Great Wall of China motorbike chase exists in the shooting plans.

From what I understand, (a filmmaker from Hong Kong on his Twitter feed, posting well before the China announcement) they are filming in Shanghai for about a week.

#12 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:55 AM

I'm really stoked to see Bond making a trip to China for Skyfall... Wasn't Licence To Kill originally scripted to be centered in China, but for some reason the government refused to let the Bond team into the country at the last minute? It'll be great to see how this will turn out.

#13 Pussfeller

Pussfeller

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4089 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:06 AM

I think financial problems were what prevented LTK from filming in China. I'm pretty sure that Dalton's third film was going to be set in China.

#14 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:08 AM

Wasn't Licence To Kill originally scripted to be centered in China, but for some reason the government refused to let the Bond team into the country at the last minute?

A large part of LICENCE TO KILL's plot hings on Franz Sanchez being the most unusual of Bond villains. He is not a megalomaniac hell-bent on worldwide domination, but a businessman who wants to expand his empire. He does it by branching out into the Asian markets, not by buying from them, but by selling to them. Assuming this angle remained in the original draft of the film, I could see the Chinese being upset about this, because it would portray China as being weak, suspectible to a corrupting influence - drugs - and needing a Westerner to fix the problem for them. Plus, LICENCE TO KILL was released two months after the Tianamen Square protests. While filming would have wrapped before then, the Tianamen Square protests did not simply happen; like Arab Spring, they steadily gained momentum. A film where James Bond travels to China to kill a drug dealer trying to buy into the Asian markets would make the regime in Beijing look particularly weak, particularly to Chinese audiences (not that they would ever have the chance to see it).

#15 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:32 AM

In the early scripts of Licence to Kill, the principal villain was not Franz Sanchez but a Chinese war lord from the Golden Triangle.

As to why the didn’t film in China, well… The Chinese government demanding script approval (Eon didn’t like the sound of that one), Cubby finding that shooting it all in Mexico would be much cheaper, (Britain was not used for cost-cutting reasons too, but that’s a whole other story) and The Last Emperor stealing their thunder showcasing China, all contributed to abandoning China as a location.

#16 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:10 AM

In the early scripts of Licence to Kill, the principal villain was not Franz Sanchez but a Chinese war lord from the Golden Triangle.

I still very much doubt that they would have approved of that, for many - if not all - of the same reasons why they would not approve of a LICENCE TO KILL where the only change was China rather than "Isthmus".

#17 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:14 AM

I still very much doubt that they would have approved of that, for many - if not all - of the same reasons why they would not approve of a LICENCE TO KILL where the only change was China rather than "Isthmus".

I didn’t add that to contradict your argument old boy, just wanted to throw a fact into the debate.

#18 d21089

d21089

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:05 PM

i suppose michael wilson was taking inspiration from Yojimbo for the plot, hence why Asia might have been an early thought and then they the ripped from the headlines thinking took them to Mexico as well as budget etc...

#19 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:57 AM

Sam Mendes has said that "other parts of the country" will be featured in the film. We know that part of the film takes place in an office building, and I believe that the scene takes place on the 68th floor (I picked that up on the forums, by the way, so I don't really have a source). There are only two buildings in Shanghai with more than sixty-seven floors. No doubt the producers and Mendes are going to want external shots of this tower, and establishing shots of the city.

It's also surprisingly easy to set up major events in Shanghai and have them go completely unnoticed. Ever since 2004, the city has placed host to the Chinese Formula 1 Grand Prix. Despite being a major international event and the circuit having cost roughly half a billion US dollars to construct, the event has consistently had one of the lowest attendance rates for the past eight years. You can land in Shanghai the day before the race, travel across the city to the circuit and you probably won't see any advertising there whatsoever.

So I wouldn't be suprrised if the entire thing has been set up and it simply haven't been reported in the local media. Filming is currently taking place in London, and it's expected to move to Turkey next, so Shanghai will probably come after that.

#20 Shrublands

Shrublands

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4012 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:28 AM

I am starting to wonder whether the shooting planned for Shanghai has been scrapped, or whether the producers have simply been very apt at preparing the shot under the radar. The original report posted here mentioned December as the likely shooting date, we didn't receive any updates since November, and we have had various reports of UK-based locations standing in for Shanghai... would be a shame in my view, but I guess we will have to wait and see...

From what I’ve seen, the intention has always been to film in Shanghai for about a week or so. And that that is still the plan.
As for “various reports of UK-based locations standing in for Shanghai” - I’ve only seen one that I believe, and that was for an airport, so quite normal.
There is plenty of time left, everything will get done, don’t panic. Ordinarily they’d have only just started shooting.

#21 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:38 AM

I'm guessing that whatever gets shot in Shanghai will mostly be exteriors. Everything else will have been done on-set at Pinewood. I'd be very surprised if any of the principal cast members even went to Shanghai at all.

Although the "other parts of the country" remain to be seen.

#22 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

I'm guessing that whatever gets shot in Shanghai will mostly be exteriors. Everything else will have been done on-set at Pinewood. I'd be very surprised if any of the principal cast members even went to Shanghai at all.

Although the "other parts of the country" remain to be seen.

Will be interesting to see how the significant budget is spent if there ends up only being one significant overseas shooting location (i.e. Turkey). Haven't heard much about any major stunts that will drain the funds, beyond the train sequence. Unless they've spent all the budget on Messrs Craig, Dench, Bardem, Fiennes and Finney of course...