A GTA/LA Noire-esque sandbox game, with the option to play all 6 Bonds in their respective eras.
GTA was also my preferred approach to Bond, until I played Just Cause 2. As far as I’m concerned, that already is the style a Bond game should take (perhaps with some little tweaks)
1) Huge open world, with multiple climates. You can fit sets from every Bond film ever made on there.
2) Stunning picturesque scenery. Absolutely top notch. Beautiful design throughout.
3) Vehicles: everything from scooters to fighter jets. Add in some specific Bond vehicles (those hideous snowmobile things from TWINE for example, submarine Lotus, ejector seat Aston Martin).
4) The game already allows you to perform cool looking stunts around vehicles. Just add some Bondian twists (music, cheesy fixing of bow tie or something).
5) Add some casino style mini games.
6) The ‘plot’ of the game was about some tinpot dictator with some dodgy scheme. Make that Blofeld or some made up villain (or gang of all the Bond villains, anything goes)
It’s already a really fun sandbox game, just begging to be Bonded.
From a technical point of view the game relies a lot on the endless supply of parachutes that the main character has (that's fine - it's great fun) and a hook similar to the one in Bond's belt in GoldenEye (the film), to get around quickly. You can also call in an arms dealer to supply you with guns, vehicles etc. (replace that wit Q).
The more I think of it, the whole thing sounds like JC was designed to be a Bond game, but didn't get the franchise on board.