292 replies to this topic

#1 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

Well the day we got the title for bond 22 someone created a title for bond 23 and personally I say why not do the same for bond 24.

personally I don't mind the original title they went for this time around but if I had to choose I'd love for them to do a title Fleming thought of but didn't necessarily use I always loved The rough and the Smooth.

How about you?

Mods I'd like 2 polls one Fleming or non Fleming and the second if you want a fleming title which one.

Thanks

#2 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

This is.

Just.

wayyyyyyyyyyy to early. :(

#3 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

This is.

Just.

wayyyyyyyyyyy to early. :(

Maybe this thread (along with the early leaks of the latest titles) will spur the producers to give up and add the next title at the end of SkyFall's credits! :P

#4 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

and yet talking about Fiennes role in bond 24 when we don't know his role in bond 23 isn't too early?

and Hey I want the title in the Credits :D

#5 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

What should the title of Bond 24 be?

GroundRise.

25 can be AtmosphereStatis.

There, satisified?

#6 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:51 PM

and yet talking about Fiennes role in bond 24 when we don't know his role in bond 23 isn't too early?

That's completely different. You're on about the title for the next film, which hasn't even been written yet, and will be announced in probably like, 2-3 years time. I asked a hypothetical question.

#7 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:01 PM

DANIEL CRAIG as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in Bond 24 (aka WHO GIVES A DAMN).. In theaters November, 2014.. :D Just kidding..

#8 mattjoes

mattjoes

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

SkyFallen.

#9 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

The Hildebrand Risico in New York.

#10 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

GroundRise.

Dammit - that's what I was going say!

So, instead, how about:

EarthRise

(Which can only be seen from the moon...)

#11 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:51 PM

That's completely different. You're on about the title for the next film, which hasn't even been written yet, and will be announced in probably like, 2-3 years time. I asked a hypothetical question.

but there is no evidence blofield will ever be used again EVER.

#12 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

Well, that's why the question was hypothetical...

#13 Elmason

Elmason

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:04 AM

Skyfall Rises...........or Bond Takes Manhattan.

Don't know where that last one came from!

#14 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:35 AM

Skyfall Rises...........or Bond Takes Manhattan.

Don't know where that last one came from!

I think it came from Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan. Maybe they should just skip to Jason vs. James.

I believe the only way we'll ever get a title at the end of a film's credits again is if they map out the series and have two or three scripts ready to go back-to-back, and maybe even film back-to-back. Otherwise, the distance between films, the changing directors and add-on writers that are changed and dropped (along with some of their story elements) along the way, makes it too difficult to come up with a title in advance, especially since the title seems to be one of the last decisions made.

#15 Tarl_Cabot

Tarl_Cabot

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10505 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:51 AM

Let's just get past December 21, 2012 first shall we? :| ;)

Actually great thead topic since we know Quantum has nothing to do with skyfall. I want quantum satisfaction personally.

#16 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:15 AM

LandFill

#17 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:19 AM

LandFill

A discreet adaptation of Carte Blanche?

#18 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

LandFill

no of Devil May care....

How about The Eye That Never Sleeps.. a chapter title from Fleming I quite like.

#19 WC

WC

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:32 AM

LandFill

no of Devil May care....

How about The Eye That Never Sleeps.. a chapter title from Fleming I quite like.

Or The Eye That Never Dies. :D Then it can sound like a combo of the others.

#20 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

What a perfect and appropriate time to talk about Bond 23! I thought of a great name for a Bond's 23rd outing last night! How about 'SkyFall'?!...

..................Wait a minute....something's not right here.................

#21 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:13 AM

The Hildebrand Risico in New York.

Should that be THE PROPERTY OF HILDEBRAND RISICO IN NEW YORK?

#22 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:32 AM

This kind of speculation makes me wonder how a "Fleming Titles v. Post-Fleming titles" poll would go. How well have the non-Fleming titles been received? Should they continue down this inevitable path? Or squeeze in a couple more story and chapter titles?

#23 DominicGreene

DominicGreene

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:56 AM

What about the title "Bitter Champagne"?

#24 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:58 AM

I've noticed that it's extremely difficult to come up with a halfway decent-sounding one-word title. SKYFALL is not terrible, but compared to the other one-worders in the series, it's pretty weak.

#25 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:41 AM

Bond and M 7 only just got it's title and we're already talking about Bond and M 8?

Anyway, the end of Skyfall, but Bond and M will return in...

FOR SPECIAL SERVICES

Poster Image: A large python encoiled (word?) around a bowl of dessert, a syringe sticking out where the drink parasol would normally be.

Official Tagline: Ice cream is a dish best served cold

#26 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:56 AM

I've noticed that it's extremely difficult to come up with a halfway decent-sounding one-word title. SKYFALL is not terrible, but compared to the other one-worders in the series, it's pretty weak.

It's very difficult, you're totally right. Last time they had to resort to the name of a house! (Another reason I'm skeptical that SKYFALL refers to the Scottish house we've seen)

I'm starting to turn around and think they have a good context for the title that will make it seem, in hindsight, like the most appropriate title possible. But we'll see. They can't all be THUNDERBALL or MOONRAKER, that's for sure.

#27 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:20 AM

They can't all be THUNDERBALL or MOONRAKER, that's for sure.

All of 'em? Probably not. But when you've still got SHAMELADY or SHATTERHAND in your back pocket, it's a bit strange to throw something as bland as SKYFALL out there. Heck, the Gardner novels weren't renowned for their titles, but even a handful of the Gardner one-worders have a better ring to 'em. ICEBREAKER and BROKENCLAW, at least.

#28 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4755 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:28 AM

I quite like SHAMELADY. I think it works because of the juxtaposition - you've got a "lady", who is usually dignified and respectable; and you've got "shame", which suggests guilt and falsehood. But right now, the best I can think of is putting "malice" and "caress" together ... but neither MALICECARESS nor CARESSMALICE sound good, much less Bondian.

#29 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:31 AM

They can't all be THUNDERBALL or MOONRAKER, that's for sure.

All of 'em? Probably not. But when you've still got SHAMELADY or SHATTERHAND in your back pocket, it definitely looks odd when you throw something as bland as SKYFALL out there. Heck, the Gardner novels weren't renowned for their titles, but even a handful of the Gardner one-worders have a better ring to 'em. ICEBREAKER and BROKENCLAW, at least.

I'll give you SHATTERHAND, I'd have loved that one. SHAMELADY feels like a reach, but then who'd have thought MOONRAKER could have worked so well?

Enormous respect for John Gardner aside, you're right, they weren't renowned for their titles; it's like they're trying really hard to be Fleming titles, but sound too much like them to be unique. BROKENCLAW isn't bad, but SEAFIRE? That's...well, okay, that's about on par with SKYFALL. Point taken. Like I said, hindsight will be the ultimate judge. THUNDERBALL doesn't sound tremendously appropriate, sounds more like something painted on the side of a steam train. But context made all the difference.

#30 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:34 AM

I quite like SHAMELADY. I think it works because of the juxtaposition - you've got a "lady", who is usually dignified and respectable; and you've got "shame", which suggests guilt and falsehood. But right now, the best I can think of is putting "malice" and "caress" together ... but neither MALICECARESS nor CARESSMALICE sound good, much less Bondian.

It's also four syllables. Too much to say. Many of the best one-word titles have a three-syllable thing going on. And not just Bond titles, either. Examples: FRANKENSTEIN. NOSTROMO. RASHOMON. LOLITA. DRACULA.

I'll give you SHATTERHAND, I'd have loved that one. SHAMELADY feels like a reach, but then who'd have thought MOONRAKER could have worked so well?

If we can get away with OCTOPUSSY, we can get away with SHAMELADY. At least it's sufficiently weird.