Changes I made....
* The film now opens with a gunbarrel, taken from FRWL. The theme is Leroy Holmes' cover, heavily cut down to fit the sequence. And, as per Charlie Feldman's alleged idea, Bond audibly fires a cork gun!
* The entire sequence about Bond's retirement, from the dignitaries meeting at the crossroad to Bond's property being blown up, forms a pre-title sequence. The final explosion leads into the opening titles.
* The opening titles now segue into Dr. Noah telling his women that Sir James Bond is back, via a tiny bit of footage of falling cards sourced from Tremble's dream later in the film.
* The Cooper/Detainer scene is now followed by the entire Mata Bond sequence, starting with Bond and Hadley discussing International Mother's Help.
* The introduction of Le Chiffre and resulting Berlin Wall explosion are followed by Bond sneaking into Vesper's office, and the introduction of Tremble.
* Tremble's scene at Q Branch is followed by his arrival in France, where he punches the customs agent.
* The customs scene is followed by Mathis meeting Tremble in the lavatory - the film's original pre-title sequence (for absolutely no reason).
* As it should, the lavatory scene goes directly into Mathis and Tremble at the car wash.
Except for the filmmakers' idea that the funnier scenes should come sooner (i.e., half of Sellers' material), there is no reason why the film should have been released out of order. Nevertheless, the obviously wrong chronology seems to be one of the biggest gripes this film has received over the past 43 years, but since MGM never fixed it, I've done their work for them.
THIS is exactly how "Casino Royale" should be viewed!
Edited by TheLazenby, 16 October 2011 - 06:58 AM.