10 replies to this topic

#1 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

Now, we all know GoldenEye: Reloaded is coming to 360 and PS3 later on this year, but at the start of the year a demo reel for an animator working at 'Raven Software' showed footage of a third person James Bond game, showing Daniel Craigs Bond slam a mans head off a urinal, and in various shooting positions. This footage was taken down as soon as it was made public, and it was later confirmed that 'Raven Software' was beginning work on a James Bond game that was previously cancelled. GoldenEye: Reloaded has been in the works since last year, and is not developed by 'Raven Software', so my question is, are we to expect another Bond game to be announced in the next few days at Comic Con, or is GoldenEye: Reloaded going to be the only game we get this year?

#2 MisterKerbz

MisterKerbz

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:10 PM

I'm curious about it myself. While I like FPS Bond games I actually prefer TPS games in general. Blood Stone was a fantastic Bond game, and after that cliff-hanger of an ending I'd love to see the story continued in another TPS Bond adventure...

Still, even if Raven Software isn't making a sequel to Blood Stone, I welcome a TPS Bond anyway. ...I'd probably be a bit more excited about Goldeneye Reloaded if I hadn't decided a month ago to finally break down and buy it on Wii. Not that I won't be a tool and buy it on XBOX anyway.

I would be surprised if they announced another Bond game at Comic-Con. From what it looked like they only had this one announcement slated. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I think we'll end up having to wait to hear anything on Daniel Craig's next TPS Mission.

Edited by MisterKerbz, 21 July 2011 - 06:11 PM.

#3 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:01 PM

My guess is, in order to save money, the Raven game will be released alongside Bond 23 (rather than create an entirely new tie in game that follows the film from scratch). Definitely looks like we'll be getting two new Bond adventures next year.

#4 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:00 AM

My guess is, in order to save money, the Raven game will be released alongside Bond 23 (rather than create an entirely new tie in game that follows the film from scratch).

That would be for the best. With the time they have to craft a game, there’d be no excuses. This is their chance to bring respectability to the “tie in” reputation. When a film is out, the game plot doesn't have to resemble it. It's about the brand. People are in that mood. They want a good Bond fix. And while Bond 23 will help, they've got to market the thing properly this time. Blood Stone was murdered in that regard. They put in work for little reward.

#5 MisterKerbz

MisterKerbz

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:47 AM

Ha. Imagine two Bond adventures every two-or-so years. A film, and an unrelated mission via an expertly crafted video game released around the same time. That would be fantastic.

...I won't get excited, but I'll keep my figures crossed.
Anyway, here's hoping for news on this TPS Bond very soon.

#6 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:59 PM

My guess is, in order to save money, the Raven game will be released alongside Bond 23 (rather than create an entirely new tie in game that follows the film from scratch). Definitely looks like we'll be getting two new Bond adventures next year.

Do you mean this game and a B23 tie-in? You just contradicted yourself?

#7 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

Do you mean this game and a B23 tie-in? You just contradicted yourself?

No I didn't. A tie in doesn't have to be a game version of the movie that was just released. So long as the game is the same property released at roughly the time as the new film, it can be considered a tie in, and that's what I think they're doing here. Rather than burn money and resources building a Bond 23 game that follows the movie's plot, characters, events, etc, I think Activision will spend the remaining year it has polishing that Raven game we saw (an original adventure) and release it alongside the film, rather than building a new game. The Goldeneye Reloaded game is their idea of making use of the license this year. I'll be thrilled if the Raven game comes sooner, but I honestly doubt it will. It is the 50th anniversery, so I'm willing to bet everyone wants quality products across the board.

#8 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

I think what PeteNeon was reffering to is the fact you said 'Definitely looks like we'll be getting two new Bond adventures next year.'

The post confused me somewhat as well, it was as if you were saying we'd be getting the Raven Game as well as a Bond 23 tie in.

#9 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:38 PM

I think what PeteNeon was reffering to is the fact you said 'Definitely looks like we'll be getting two new Bond adventures next year.'

The post confused me somewhat as well, it was as if you were saying we'd be getting the Raven Game as well as a Bond 23 tie in.

OOoohhhh whoops. Yeah I meant we'll be getting Bond 23 (the film) and a new Bond game that follows an original plot (hopefully). Sorry about that!

EDIT

I stand corrected, the Raven game does not exist. http://www.eurogamer...g-new-bond-game

#10 MisterKerbz

MisterKerbz

Cadet

• Crew
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:25 PM

Well... Hopefully Eurocom can make a decent third person Bond game, because I can't get as excited about these first person games... I want to see my Bond more than I want to be Bond.

Things like diving into the harbor off of an exploding boat isn't quite as 'cool' looking in first person. I already know what it looks like from my perspective to dive into a body of water and while knowing, now, what it might look like if I was wearing an expensive suit while hearing the 007 motif at the same time is a nice touch, I'd rather be seeing Bond do it as a bystander.

#11 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

Yeah, that's what I meant. I don't think we'll be seeing two games a year again really, especially now Eurocom is apparantly the sole dev. I like the idea and the "security" of having Eurocom as the only developer but I was looking forward to the Raven game. Perhaps they have picked up the Raven project and are carrying it on instead?