2 replies to this topic

#1 lazenbyland

lazenbyland

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:58 AM

I've always wondered if the fact that Lazenby turned and knelt down to fire in the OHMSS gunbarrel is a reference to the following in the first chapter of OHMSS, "Seascape With Figures".

"The girl looked past him again. Her clenched right hand went up to her mouth. She said something, something Bond couldn't understand, from behind it. Then a voice from very close behind Bond, said softly, silkily, 'Don't move or you get it back of the knee.'
Bond swirled round into a crouch, his gun hand inside his coat. (my emphasis- LL) The steady silver eyes of the two automatics sneered at him."

#2 Miles Miservy

Miles Miservy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

I've always wondered if the fact that Lazenby turned and knelt down to fire in the OHMSS gunbarrel is a reference to the following in the first chapter of OHMSS, "Seascape With Figures".

"The girl looked past him again. Her clenched right hand went up to her mouth. She said something, something Bond couldn't understand, from behind it. Then a voice from very close behind Bond, said softly, silkily, 'Don't move or you get it back of the knee.'
Bond swirled round into a crouch, his gun hand inside his coat. (my emphasis- LL) The steady silver eyes of the two automatics sneered at him."

Pretty interesting. I'd read the book and never caught that before although my son DID notice that George Lazeby be is the only one out of the (six) that does drop to one knee.

#3 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:08 AM

Lazenby's Bond also crouches down when he fires his Sterling SMG at Blofeld during the battle of Piz Gloria.