356 replies to this topic

#151 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:14 AM

While the footage is pretty cool, it's weird how a great Wii shooter seems like it's mechanics and gameplay are about a year or two behind on the xbox/ps3. I'm not talking graphics but just how shooters 'work.'

#152 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:10 PM

EDIT: Check this out!

Thanks for sharing my video edit Harkers. :D

xxx

#153 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:54 AM

While the footage is pretty cool, it's weird how a great Wii shooter seems like it's mechanics and gameplay are about a year or two behind on the xbox/ps3. I'm not talking graphics but just how shooters 'work.'

I'm not sure what you mean. The genre hasn't evolved much since Modern Warfare, and this game pretty much plays identically except it has stealth and objective based missions.

Also.. this game is nearly a year old, so that might explain whatever it is you are sensing.

#154 Miles Miservy

Miles Miservy

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-27-goldeneye-reloaded-in-the-works-report

what do you all think?

Same crap... Different Pile. this looks EXACTLY like what's available on the Wii. I don't understand what all the hype is about.

If Activision would offer a feature that would allow you to play as any of the 6 007's, then I'd be interested.

#155 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:51 PM

Really want some new info for this, but it seems to be the same stuff over and over again. Sick of hearing about MI6 Ops.

I just want some new trailers and the multiplayer characters. Or an achievement list. ANYTHING!?

#156 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:00 PM

I hope they spell defence with an 's' in the final game! He's a British spy! :)

#157 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:47 PM

oh man, activision should be banned from using that song again. it's a fantastic song but they've played it to death. I am not watching anymore goldeneye trailers from now on

#158 Tanger

Tanger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5671 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

'c'?

#159 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:50 PM

Sick at the lack of news for this.

#160 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:41 AM

Ditto. Ugh.

#161 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:21 AM

yea, i've been craving every scrap of news about this game since it was announced. at one point i saw something claiming it may come out at the end of september, but clearly this is not the case as we would have seen something official. i went so far as the email eurocom asking if they knew of a release date but to no surprise i'm yet to receive a reply. last i check i think the sites for gamestop and amazon list its release for november 1st

#162 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

'c'?

Exactly, I just saw this post and thought the exact same thing! ugh...

If you ever forget, just remember: "Licence to Kill". These things DO have a pattern, after all.

Edited by larrythefatcat, 13 September 2011 - 06:01 PM.

#163 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:20 PM

The game is out on November 1st, and there will be an exclusive PS3 bundle, and downloadable Hugo Drax.
Posted Image
http://www.computera...lc-move-bundle/

Edited by PeteNeon, 14 September 2011 - 02:48 PM.

#164 British Chap

British Chap

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

The game is out on November 1st, and there will be an exclusive PS3 bundle, and downloadable Hugo Drax.
Posted Image

Although I'm an Xbox owner, it's nice to see this game getting something like that. It shows confidence in the product and hopefully that it will be marketed as a big deal. I still think the November 1 release date is risky. The marketing better start kicking into high gear.

#165 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:11 PM

Since Drax has been confirmed as a playable character, then I'm sure that news about the others will be coming in pretty soon! :D

#166 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:27 PM

Posted Image

Well that's some serious business. Cool. Don't own a PS3 but for those of you who do...well I can't really justify the investment, but you know....this is pretty awesome. Also wish the Wii version had received the same cover art treatment.

#167 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:29 PM

wii got the game a year early, ps3 got an exclusive character and move controls

sigh, where's the love for xbox?

#168 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

Already have the PS Eye and the Move controller, I guess I'll buy the nav controller, sharpshooter and game separately...

...although, I guess it's possible that it'll end up being a better deal to just sell my camera and get the bundle.

I, for one, am glad that there's a bonus for PS3, 360 already gets a lot of exclusive titles, bonuses and the like. I'm still waiting, for instance, on a version of Portal: Still Alive on PS3... but I guess it's not THAT different from the regular version of Portal (pretty much just the extra test chambers) that I already have with the Orange Box. That and PS3 Portal 2 got a free downloadable PC version and the ability to play co-op with PC users, so that almost makes up for it. ;)

So, to go slightly off-topic, where's the original game that was being developed? I know Raven has said it's off the table, but I hope it comes out within the next year!

#169 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:48 PM

Drax looks great!

#170 larrythefatcat

larrythefatcat

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 327 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:42 PM

Okay, YES, Drax looks exactly like Michael Lonsdale. I especially like the potential for added villains and allies throughout the multiplayer lifespan of this game! I'd definitely pay $5 for a few classic characters, especially some of the other Bonds. Another interesting thing would be having the choice to play the game with original character designs, although the legal issues with that might be prohibitively expensive... and the fact that different voices would be coming out of the original cast would be pretty weird (except for Trevelyan who isn't THAT different in looks or voice from Sean Bean).

I don't get the laser gun though... if it's accurate to a Moonraker prop, it's a gun I haven't ever noticed. Obviously the best choice would have been the iconic white gun from the poster and Goldeneye 64, but that would be inaccurate due to the fact that it was the gun carried by the "Space Marines". That laser gun doesn't even look like the black one that Holly and other characters had in the film, either. Hmmm....

EDIT:
I think I found a picture of the Stunt and Hero versions of the gun from which this was modeled... but it's still a bit off. I guess I'm just spoiled from the spot-on character model. ;)

Edited by larrythefatcat, 14 September 2011 - 11:48 PM.

#171 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:58 AM

The game is out on November 1st,

Just in time for Call of Duty to crush it...again.

This is exactly what Activision did with QOS, which didn't sell, and it's exactly what they did with Bloodstone, which didn't sell. Why do they keep doing this over and over again?

#172 Ozzman313

Ozzman313

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 01:02 AM

Is Max Zorin gonna be in this?

#173 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:10 AM

i do like the idea of DLC for classic characters, I loved how in TWINE 64 and nightfire there were a bunch of extra classic characters burried within the game, i would deffinatly pay for the expansions

ozzman: at this point the only confirmed classic characters are the eight from the wii version (jaws, oddjob, baron samedi, scaramanga, blofeld, dr. no, rosa klebb, red grant) and Hugo Drax who is an exclusive for PS3

#174 Ozzman313

Ozzman313

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:16 AM

Max Zorin knew his way around a gun. :( All the others did was fight with silly personalized weapons.

#175 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:14 AM

he did use guns, but everytime i think about Zorin I think of the axe

#176 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

"GoldenEye 007: Reloaded will be available November 4 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The Double 'O' Edition will be exclusively available on PlayStation 3 the same day."

November 4th...rings a bell.

Slap bang between BF3 and MW3 - can't wait. :|

#177 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:03 PM

"GoldenEye 007: Reloaded will be available November 4 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The Double 'O' Edition will be exclusively available on PlayStation 3 the same day."

November 4th...rings a bell.

Slap bang between BF3 and MW3 - can't wait. :|

And don't forget Uncharted 3, Skyrim, the new Assassin's Creed, Halo remake etc etc all coming out within two weeks of each other. Most gamers who only have the resources to buy one or two of these are not going to be too excited about a port of a year old remake during that time. Is this some kind of Producers-like scam where they make money every time a Bond game flops? It's as if they're following a manual on how to ensure nobody buys your game.

CRAZY, WILD thought here - but how about releasing it at a time when there are not other big name, highly anticipated shooters coming out, including one from your own studio? You don't see Sony putting Bond 23 and, say, Spider-man out in theatres on the same weekend.

#178 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:06 PM

where did this november 4th come from? video games usually come out on tuesdays (which alligns with everything we've heard about the release date being november 1st)

#179 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:02 AM

where did this november 4th come from? video games usually come out on tuesdays (which alligns with everything we've heard about the release date being november 1st)

It's from Digital Spy. US release is 1st, EU 4th.

This time last year I was breaking the bank with TFU2 one week, then GE/Blood Stone the next, then COD the next, then NFS the week after :P

#180 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:58 AM

Oh I might get that Move pack; I wonder how much it might be?