4 replies to this topic

#1 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:46 PM

I'm trying search for my earliest posts at Cb.n, but it only seems to work circa the update, last year. I also used the calender in 'advanced search', but I still can't get to any entries before 2010.

Is there some way I can work 'round this?

#2 whiteskwirl

whiteskwirl

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:15 AM

You can find your posts through your profile. Click on your profile and to the right it will say "Recent Status Updates", "About me", "Topics" and "Posts". Have you tried looking through the last two to find your posts?

#3 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 11:49 AM

I can't help you, but I'm glad to know it's not just me. I've searched for threads I knew existed so I wouldn't start a topic that already had a pre-existing thread, but no matter what keywords I use, the search just comes up empty.

It's a real problem. This board has so much first rate content, dating far further than just last year. It's a shame one can't easily access it.

You can find your posts through your profile. Click on your profile and to the right it will say "Recent Status Updates", "About me", "Topics" and "Posts". Have you tried looking through the last two to find your posts?

I'm trying to find my early posts, not the last five. If I go to "Find my content" - it says "Search limited from 18-June 10."

Is there some way I can un-limit it?

#4 right idea, wrong pussy

right idea, wrong pussy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

As I've just come back to the site after an extended hiatus, I was also very interested to use the ol' trusty search feature on these forums. Only I'm having exactly the same problems being described above. I can easily search for the posts I've done in the last few hours (or presumably, days and weeks). But threads I started years ago that I'd like to look back on to see how my opinions have changed? Forgetaboutit!

#5 Jose

Jose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:22 AM

I don't know if you've figured out a workaround by now but have you tried using Google to search CBn? You know-

(search term here) site:(website here)

For example-

Dalton site:commanderbond.net

Reply to this topic