This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

The Spy Who Loved Me and Richard Kiel in Omaha, NE!

8 replies to this topic

#1 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:38 PM

Wow! I will be trying to get to this for sure!!

http://www.omaha.com...ING/704139942/0

#2 Klaus_Hergesheimer

Klaus_Hergesheimer

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

This is wonderful news! Nice to see something Bond related happening in the Midwest USA!

#3 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:24 PM

This is wonderful news! Nice to see something Bond related happening in the Midwest USA!

Agreed. This will be the first time that I get to see one of the older films in a theater setting. I see Richard Keil was at a Spy and Moonraker screening in San Francisco last year. It would've been great for them to get Moonraker on the bill too, but I am more than happy with getting to see Spy. Plus that it's a new print as well!!

Pretty cool that the donations from tickets sales are going to the Nebraska Kidney Association as well.

Can't wait!

#4 Capsule in Space

Capsule in Space

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 05:54 PM

This should be a fun event. Bond fans in or near Omaha should consider themselves lucky to have this event!

#5 Klaus_Hergesheimer

Klaus_Hergesheimer

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:27 PM

Definitely will be a great event for a great cause. Plus, bonus points to my girlfriend to 1). buying me tickets and 2). wanting to actually go with me! Hahahaha. I had to tell her it's the big guy from Happy Gilmore. Now just if Rog would come with him, we'd be set!

#6 Capsule in Space

Capsule in Space

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 228 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

Definitely will be a great event for a great cause. Plus, bonus points to my girlfriend to 1). buying me tickets and 2). wanting to actually go with me! Hahahaha. I had to tell her it's the big guy from Happy Gilmore. Now just if Rog would come with him, we'd be set!

That should be a lot of fun and it's nice that it is for a good cause. Hope you and your girlfriend have a great time :)

#7 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:32 AM

I picked up tickets as well and am really looking forward to the event! It'll be a nice weekend get away for my wife and I in Omaha!

#8 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

Had a great time at The Spy Who Loved Me screening!! It was great to see The Spy Who Loved Me on a big screen again, with original audio and even the old UA logo at the beginning! Richard Kiel was great too. The audience, which was a very good size, gave Kiel a very warm standing ovation too! During the film when Jaws is first seen there was a lot of cheering and audience response as well.

The film was shown in the concert hall of the Joslyn Art Museum in Omaha, NE.

After and during the film, Richard was available to sign autographs and take pictures as well. All of the proceeds from the event went to the Nebraska Kidney Association as well. Very cool.

I ended up getting both of my Jeff Marshall lithographs of Moonraker and The Spy Who Loved Me signed too!

Hopefully some more Bond films come up again at some point in the future. The Omaha Film Event is a very cool thing and I will be checking the schedule to see what other old films they will be showing in the future. I think the next film event is in November..

http://www.omahafilm...t.com/index.htm

#9 scaramunga

scaramunga

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1083 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:57 PM

This was posted in the Omaha paper yesterday as well..

World Herald May 15,
Omaha crowd pleases film actor
I thank everyone at The World-Herald who was involved with the wonderful coverage I got in conjunction with the May 6 fundraiser for the Nebraska Kidney Foundation. I thank everyone for being so supportive of such a worthwhile cause.
I’ve done screenings of two James Bond movies, “The Spy Who Loved Me” and “Moonraker,” in London, Edinburgh, Scotland, and Moraga, Calif., and have never seen such a turnout as Omaha’s.
The World-Herald and producer Bruce Crawford did an outstanding job.
Richard Kiel, Coarsegold, Calif.