4 replies to this topic

#1 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:22 PM

Here is a complete list of confirmed foreign publishers for Carte Blanche (so far).

http://www.thebookbo...he-foreign.html

#2 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:05 PM

Thank you zencat!
So it's gonna be published in Spain! With any luck it mught arrive in my country :)

#3 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:38 PM

Thank you zencat!
So it's gonna be published in Spain! With any luck it mught arrive in my country :)

You'll surely be able to read the original? Your English is certainly up to it.

#4 Nicolas Suszczyk

Nicolas Suszczyk

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3735 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

You think so? To me it's very difficult to read novels in English. There are many idioms and words hard to understand. Anyway, what I did for the Fleming novels I read (the ones I've got in English and Spanish) is to compare both editions to see what's missing in the Spanish one (I.e. "The Property Of A Lady" misses many paragraphs in the Albon Colombian edition).

#5 clublos

clublos

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:20 PM

You think so? To me it's very difficult to read novels in English. There are many idioms and words hard to understand. Anyway, what I did for the Fleming novels I read (the ones I've got in English and Spanish) is to compare both editions to see what's missing in the Spanish one (I.e. "The Property Of A Lady" misses many paragraphs in the Albon Colombian edition).

Your writing is excellent, wouldn't have guessed that you have any trouble at all!

That's also interesting about The Property of a Lady. I wonder how many other novels suffer the same fate...