#1 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:26 PM

You really have to check this one out.

Another demo reel has been posted by an employee at Bizarre Creations. This particular reel shows concepts for Blood Stone that were NOT used in the final game, such as a different Mission Select interface with different photos for each of the missions, and a very different Main Title Sequence, with one scene showcasing three Osprey Helicopters (which players will recognize from the three missions in Burma) flying between and alongside collapsing silhouetted girls (00:34). Additionally, there is a brief shot of a different title card with Daniel Craig's name on it, featuring what look like blood cells rising in front of a yellow background (1:08). Most notably, however, are two deleted hacking games using the smart phone. One requires the player to adjust wavelength and amplitude in order to open a locked door (1:06). The other (1:10) appears to be numerically based, with players confronted with the task of aligning the right numbers in a chronological sequence in order to gain entry. This was particularly fascinating because it seemed to be linked to the QTE method of hacking used in the final product, which is also seen on the demo reel. Fans should definitely give this a look before it's pulled.

Seriously, I'm really loving these demo reels.

Does anyone know how to make screen shots?

#2 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:38 PM

That took bloody ages to load, but my god, it was worth it!

Very nice stuff there! Shame some of it wasn't used.

#3 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:43 PM

What logically made you search vimeo? Ingenious and fantastic video. I love the behind the scenes production stuff. Stuff that got cut is always the best.

#4 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:43 PM

Those hacking minigames look extremely polished. They must have been axed way late in production. Shame because the hacking in the final version is such a walk in the park, and pretty bog standard. These look considerably different and refreshing. Oh well, maybe Raven with throw something like these in their game (assuming it gets released).

I searched Vimeo because stuff isn't pulled as readily on there as sites like Youtube. They've always had some good stuff.

#5 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

Smart man. I enjoy the HD quality of the site myself and the fact that the content focuses greatly on created work.

Agree about the hacking games. Reasoning for removal seems odd. Maybe it didn't work that well on a controller though. I would have enjoyed the concept one presented much more.

#6 mttvolcano

mttvolcano

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

It was great to watch....Though I would love to do it I don't know how.
Anyway, off topic a bit, I have noticed (or maybe it is just me) that when I played Bloodstone on a different difficulty (so far only recruit and field operative) the take-downs are new and different. Like I said maybe it's just me from a different position than the bad guy, but have you noticed that?