This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Rate/Review: GoldenEye 007 (2010)

5 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate: GoldenEye 007 (2010)

Rate: GoldenEye 007 (2010)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:04 PM

#2 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:23 PM

Wasn't revolutionary. Well produced though.

#3 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

I seem to be getting through it; so its not all that challenging.
Every scene has the same maze of rooms and guards to get through.
Still its the only place where you can get satisfaction for a good head shot.

#4 CardShark

CardShark

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

I just Beat Goldeneye. It was quite fun. I honestly enjoyed boht game equally I may put Bloodstone slightly over Goldeneye. as I didn't get to contol the moterbike in Goldeneye like i was hoping to. But it was a very fun game :D.

#5 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:24 PM

Still playing it but so far seems alright. Not too pleased with the amount of respawning henchmen but otherwise a really good remake.

#6 00 Brosnan

00 Brosnan

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 04:34 AM

The original GE007 for N64 is an all-time classic. The title has achieved "legendary" status in the gaming industry. It is credited w/ pioneering First Person Shooters on consoles as well as revolutionizing multiplayer modes. I still play it occasionally today despite it's obviously dated design.

That said, GoldenEye Wii is a good game. It's no instant classic, it didn't do anything innovative or bring much new to the genre, but it's a solid shooter and probably the best FPS for the Wii (which has a serious lack of solid shooters).

The multiplayer mode (which was a huge focus of the developers, Eurocom) is reminiscent of the original N64 game and Free Radical's TimeSplitters series (FR was comprised of ex-Rareware devs who are now Crytek UK) in that it offers a ridiculous amount of customization, options, and match types.

This game has the added benefit of online gaming as well. Overall, I give the game an 8/10.