57 replies to this topic

#1 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:50 AM

From what I've heard Blood Stone ends on a cliffhanger, I have no idea what it is, but thanks to the track list Bryan Herbert, er, Mr Zukovsky put up I kind of have an inkling. Would you like to see a sequel? Or a new adventure? Third Person shooter? First Person shooter? Remake? Original Story? Daniel Craig? David Arnold?

I wouldn't mind a good third person shooter with 20 hours of single player campaign, like Arkham Asylum, starring Daniel Craig.

That's all I'm hoping for at the moment. What about you guys?

#2 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:15 AM

Richard Jacques for the music, with the ability to use the Bond theme TWICE- once at the end of PTS, and then at a pivotal action moment towards the end. His action set piece music is wonderful, and his establishment of mood in quiet scenes is marvelous.

I want there to be more suspense, intrigue, and mystery. Blood Stone's story is rather straight forward, and there are very few moments that have the high adventure and glamor I expect from my Bond (Monaco shines). I'd also like the writing and dialogue to be tightened up, and the intense exposition that was seriously front loaded at the beginning of Blood Stone to be cut down, and worked instead into the gameplay. If they ARE going to do lengthy cinematics, they need to be visually a hell of a lot better than what we got this time around. Aside from that, BS is a great addition to the Bond game family, with the best ending, score, car chase, and female lead of all the games. The pacing issues are just so severe, and structured so much like a film that it's hard to really get engaged with the narrative. A wonderful first effort though, I'd like the next one to be a TPS too.

#3 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:17 AM

I'd like a direct sequel to Blood Stone, where
Spoiler
In third person with Craig, Dench and Kinnear all back. And with Richard Jacques doing the score.

#4 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:30 AM

if i only got 1 wish: FPS. I already mentioned how much i hate 3rd person, it may work for batman and non-shooters but it just isn't bond

dreamworld: aside from that it would be nice to obviously continue to bloodstone story line, FPS with vehical levels. a stellar 16P multiplayer with the option to pick skins of actual bond characters (not generic MI6 bomb squad vs masked mercenaries). everything else from bloodstone should be maintained except longer with less repitition. and available for all major platforms particularly my 360

#5 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:52 PM

First person shooters have NEVER worked with Bond since GoldenEye, not even in Nightfire, which was a fair attempt. Third person is a lot better, we can connect with the main character more. In first person it could be anyone behind the gun, but we can see and play as Craigs Bond in third person.

I wonder if they consider bringing Felix into a game, with Jeffrey Wrights likeness and voice.

#6 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:07 PM

Third person is a lot better, we can connect with the main character more. In first person it could be anyone behind the gun, but we can see and play as Craigs Bond in third person.

Agreed. I cannot for the life of me see how third person can be right for Batman, but not for Bond. Bond and Batman have a lot in common. Gadgets, cars, dark past, action scenarios, etc. After having Everything or Nothing and Blood Stone, going back to first person would feel like backpeddling, quite frankly.

#7 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:28 PM

Cast my vote for third person. Suck at FPS so hard.

Also, said it before, say it again: Wouldn't mind seeing an MGS-style game for Bond. Longer than an afternoon, but not absurdly long, third person, ability to go in guns blazing but with emphasis on stealth, ludicrously OTT villains with global destruction/domination plots, great set pieces. It sounds like Blood Stone is kind of on the road to that, actually, judging by stuff I read prior to release and bits and pieces I've seen/heard lately.

#8 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:56 PM

i don't think 3rd person games have worked any better than FPS, plus the multiplayer is always terrible. the thing about batman/prince of persia/indiana jones is that you have to do 3rd person because they arn't shooters

#9 Blonde Bond

Blonde Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:48 PM

More of the same but with a longer story and driving levels where you could admire your car from all angles. Because all the driving levels were chase bits I didn't get to admire my vehicle. Before the last chase I didn't actually notice you can check out the car from the sides or front. Could'nt much do that without falling behind or wrecking my ride. Still I liked the chases. Those were thrilling. Next time though , give me a leisure drive. Camera angle from inside the car too. Haven't had those in a Bond game since Nightfire. I also would want an answer to the ending and I will be very very very very mad if I don't get it.

In third person too. They can do another fps Bond. But the sequel for Blood Stone should be a cinematic adventure. So , in third person.

#10 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:39 AM

Spoiler
In third person with Craig, Dench and Kinnear all back. And with Richard Jacques doing the score.

I dunno whether I want Jacques to return or not. His soundtrack really isn't that great, just repetitive. I've heard good things about Arnolds work on GoldenEye though, maybe he'd be more suited to games rather than movies. I wouldn't mind letting him have a shot. Murray Gold would be pretty sweet as well, I love his work on Doctor Who, especially this.

#11 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:05 AM

Spoiler

I'm with you on this one sharpshooter, 100% :)

#12 Mr Teddy Bear

Mr Teddy Bear

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1154 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:38 AM

A reason to play through the game more than once.

#13 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:53 AM

ability to go in guns blazing but with emphasis on stealth

Ummm, you have played Blood Stone, right? :P

#14 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:29 PM

i'm hoping for a daniel craig bond game in 2011. Would be nice.

I also want a lot more freedom in the levels meaning thoughout a whole level i can be either stealth or guns a blazing rather then certain parts.

I also want to play cards

Also i'd like the game to be longer :D

Also i kinda do wanna know who the big baddy is though I honestly wouldn't mind a film remake with Craig's likeness.

#15 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:56 PM

A film with Craigs likeness? You mean a film with Craig..?

#16 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:03 PM

Putting a card playing mode in the game would pull resources off the rest of it, so I'm very much against that. I really just want a tighter script with more of a challenge gameplay wise. The parkour chases, as fun as they are, also happen to be a bit mindless. It's essentially impossible to lose track of the enemy, because not only do they wait for you, but it's also impossible for you to fall or get hurt. That could use some touching up.

Another important aspect I think needs to be changed is level variety. The levels in Blood Stone are long and each individual location is wonderful, but often times a chapter will feature the same or a similar looking area for an extended period of time (Istanbul Catacombs, dirty streets of Bangkok). I think having Bond interact in multiple locations in one city, at different times of the day and during different days of the week, would allow for a more varied, less repetitive experience. Blood Stone occasionally feels like it's going on for too long in a given location, and when looked at chronologically, Bond only spends what seems like a few hours in the cities he visits during the course of the game. EoN made wonderful use of that South American town, using it not only for car chases, but also having us go about different buildings searching for clues (the mine shaft, Diavlo's mansion) on different days. I think taking the time to allow Bond to spend the night in a city, to get the feel for it, and visiting a series of buildings rather than just one or two over the course of a few hours would allow for some longer, more interesting gameplay sessions.

#17 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:21 PM

Putting a card playing mode in the game would pull resources off the rest of it, so I'm very much against that. I really just want a tighter script with more of a challenge gameplay wise. The parkour chases, as fun as they are, also happen to be a bit mindless. It's essentially impossible to lose track of the enemy, because not only do they wait for you, but it's also impossible for you to fall or get hurt. That could use some touching up.

Another important aspect I think needs to be changed is level variety. The levels in Blood Stone are long and each individual location is wonderful, but often times a chapter will feature the same or a similar looking area for an extended period of time (Istanbul Catacombs, dirty streets of Bangkok). I think having Bond interact in multiple locations in one city, at different times of the day and during different days of the week, would allow for a more varied, less repetitive experience. Blood Stone occasionally feels like it's going on for too long in a given location, and when looked at chronologically, Bond only spends what seems like a few hours in the cities he visits during the course of the game. EoN made wonderful use of that South American town, using it not only for car chases, but also having us go about different buildings searching for clues (the mine shaft, Diavlo's mansion) on different days. I think taking the time to allow Bond to spend the night in a city, to get the feel for it, and visiting a series of buildings rather than just one or two over the course of a few hours would allow for some longer, more interesting gameplay sessions.

good point matt .. this is actually what blood stone miss ..

#18 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:39 PM

no i mean a film remake in game form featuring Craig like The man with the golden gun or On her majesties secret service remade with daniel craig's likeness and set in his time line. those would be fun.

while i agree with most of your posts i feel Adding cards wouldn't take away from the game play.

#19 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:12 PM

no i mean a film remake in game form featuring Craig like The man with the golden gun or On her majesties secret service remade with daniel craig's likeness and set in his time line. those would be fun.

They'd be pointless. Just like GoldenEye 2010 is.

I'd rather have an original story. If they want to do The Man With The Golden Gun, get Moore's likeness and voice. Same with On Her Majesties Secret Service and Lazenby.

#20 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:28 PM

They'd be pointless. Just like GoldenEye 2010 is.

I'd rather have an original story. If they want to do The Man With The Golden Gun, get Moore's likeness and voice. Same with On Her Majesties Secret Service and Lazenby.

goldeneye 2010 is selling well meaning other remakes with craig is possible.

I'll Treat the video game remakes on their own terms.

I'd prefer an orignal story but Activision can do what it wants.

also why did that post get Negative 2 the fact that they remade one film as a game with a new actor means that they aren't subverse to it despite what the bond fan comunity thinks.

#21 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:50 PM

Probably because people disagree with you.

The only reason GoldenEye is selling well is because it's a cash in. It's got nothing to do with Craig being the lead, it's because the original is so popular.

#22 Iroquois

Iroquois

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:18 AM

It's also a pretty decent game, and craig being the lead is oneof the best things about it.

Indeed the decision to make the game was inspired by money, but there's been a lot of heart put into the game, and as such we have another great game. People are responding to it rather well too.

#23 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:18 AM

One thing I'd like to see is the inclusion of a broader main cast - instead of just Craig, Dench and the main girl. Maybe something more in common with Everything or Nothing - which had three main girls, Dench, Cleese, Brosnan and the villains.

#24 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:50 AM

One thing I'd like to see is the inclusion of a broader main cast - instead of just Craig, Dench and the main girl. Maybe something more in common with Everything or Nothing - which had three main girls, Dench, Cleese, Brosnan and the villains.

If they don't cast a Q type role in Bond 23 - Tanner seems to be serving that role already, I like Mharkin's suggestion of including Wright's Felix.

#25 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:08 AM

I like Mharkin's suggestion of including Wright's Felix.

I was half expecting the "old friend" to be Felix, and then you find out it's Silk - it was quite odd shoehorning him in like that, and why did Tanner have to tell him his name - "an old friend called Silk" - surely he would know his old friend's name?? I guess it was meant that Tanner didn't know who he was, but it didn't really come across that well.

#26 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:37 PM

I always had this idea that a Bond games should be a massive one player experience. 4-5 shorter stories that lead to one giant final chapter. It's like if a Bond game did Fleming's 'FYEO' in game format. Just a bunch of short stories that would begin with a debrief at M's office at MI6. More Splinter Cell elements too. I want to sneak into an embassy, not blow it up.

I love the idea of Felix. I would also love to see a little bit of Felix in the field alongside you in a mission. Obviously not guns-a-blazing Felix but somehow incorporated.

#27 Bond_Assassin90

Bond_Assassin90

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:10 AM

There's a lot of potential for the sequel. Bizarre has a base now, so they need to look at what they did with Blood Stone and make it even BETTER. I agree i'd like to see more of a main cast, maybe have a lesser or well known actor in the role of a Bond villain. Felix would be so cool to have in the game. Also, why not have a level where Bond can order his martini, shaken not stirred? Anyone see in the level in Siberia, before you get Pomerov's fingerprint, Bond can go up to the bartender and she asks "Can I get you a drink sir?" Bond replies "Maybe later." That would have been cool if he could have ordered it.

But like I said, they have a base now. Plenty of good ideas to go around, so I really hope they expand on all the potential the seqeul has.

#28 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:32 PM

Yeah I'd like to see a coop campaign with Bond and Leiter in South America. That would be cool.

#29 Mr_Wint

Mr_Wint

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2406 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:45 PM

Live And Let Die.
A tribute to the Moore era with settings and characters from all his films. And, of course, voice acting by Moore himself.

#30 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:49 PM

I'd also appreciate the use of a new Bond theme for the trailers... The other one has officially been done to death, which is a shame because it was a good orchestration. How about this version? Just found it and love it: