62 replies to this topic

#61 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:27 PM

So I had a fantastic related adventure yesterday. I came home from a full day out in Hollywood with Dunph (who's in town for the week) to find I had a big mysterious package waiting for me from Switzerland(?). After discussing what this could possibly be -- allowing for the possibility that it could be a bomb or a human head -- we opened it to find a box within a box and inside that was a nice file box marked "Project X." Oh baby!

Inside were signed copies of Garden of Beasts, From Russia With Love, and The Burning Wire (all individually wrapped in paper marked "Top Secret", "Eyes Only", etc.); a letter with a special personalized key card to exclusive Project X material to come; and a mysterious DVD that just said "Play Me." We popped the DVD in the computer and up comes a message from Jeffery Deaver in the crypt. And it wasn't some a generic message -- it started "Hi John. I'm sorry you couldn't make it. But it was good meeting you in LA..." etc.

How freakin' cool is that!? I felt like I got the full Lond
on crypt experience right here at home. So happy Paul was here to experience/witness it with me.

Thank you Hodder, IFP, and Jeffery Deaver. :)

This is actually amazing. Very exciting stuff indeed. :tup:

#62 Professor Dent

Professor Dent

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5326 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:09 AM

A personalized DVD messsage from Deaver! That's just plain awesome! :tup:

#63 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:07 AM

So I had a fantastic related adventure yesterday. I came home from a full day out in Hollywood with Dunph (who's in town for the week) to find I had a big mysterious package waiting for me from Switzerland(?). After discussing what this could possibly be -- allowing for the possibility that it could be a bomb or a human head -- we opened it to find a box within a box and inside that was a nice file box marked "Project X." Oh baby!

Inside were signed copies of Garden of Beasts, From Russia With Love, and The Burning Wire (all individually wrapped in paper marked "Top Secret", "Eyes Only", etc.); a letter with a special personalized key card to exclusive Project X material to come; and a mysterious DVD that just said "Play Me." We popped the DVD in the computer and up comes a message from Jeffery Deaver in the crypt. And it wasn't some a generic message -- it started "Hi John. I'm sorry you couldn't make it. But it was good meeting you in LA..." etc.

How freakin' cool is that!? I felt like I got the full London crypt experience right here at home. So happy Paul was here to experience/witness it with me.

Thank you Hodder, IFP, and Jeffery Deaver. :)

That's so freaking cool!

#64 AMC Hornet

AMC Hornet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5857 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:11 PM

Deaver's detail about Bond handing over his Beretta for a PPK is inspired! And trying to leave with the Beretta - genius! Maybe they'll use that sequence in a movie some day....