819 replies to this topic

#1 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:09 PM

So while CBn was down Blood Stone was officially revealed. Here are a few hot links if you missed them.

Plus 10 new screenshots!

Official Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRwv-t4jsh8

Seven minutes of demo footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R2tD2VFP9U

IGN coverage with full titles/song!

Joss Stone is the new Bond Girl

Official website

Attached Files

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:46 PM

I think this looks pretty fantastic! An original Daniel Craig Bond game, it's exactly what I wanted. Love that Fierstein wrote it. Surprised to see Micheal G. Wilson reveal it. Hope to see more at Comic Con, but, honestly, not sure what's left to reveal. We kind of got it all in one big batch.

My only gripe is I kinda fell in love with the one-word version of the title, Bloodstone. Just seemed more Bondian. But as Blood Stone appears to refer to blood diamonds, I can see how two words works.

#3 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

I hope it's an improvement over the repetitive gameplay that I found in QOS. Very excited by what I've seen so far though - and very please it's another PC release!

#4 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

I hope it's an improvement over the repetitive gameplay that I found in QOS. Very excited by what I've seen so far though - and very please it's another PC release!

My first post with the new skin. B)

Anyway, the only thing I'm concerned about with this game thus far is that Craig, Dench and Stone will be the only big name actors/celebs in the voice cast. "EoN", on the other hand, was star-studded from top to bottom. I'm hoping they're bringing on at least two or three recognizable names to fill out the rest of the character roster.

#5 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

My only gripe is I kinda feel in love with the one-word version of the title, Bloodstone. Just seemed more Bondian. But as Blood Stone appears to refer to blood diamonds, I can see how two words works.

I very much miss the one-word version of the title as well. Very Bondian if you ask me.

With that said, the game looks to be much better than the upcoming remake of GoldenEye, and if only one of them could be on multiple platforms, I'm very much glad that it's this one. My only issue with it at this point is that the graphics appear to be very uneven in the game. There are times during that trailer where the graphics look beyond phenomenal, and then there are other moments (mainly during the trailer's opening car chase) where things don't look so good. Hopefully there's still some development time left where they can smooth out some of these things. Other than that, though, this looks very promising.

#6 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

I think they might be the only stars. Only other starring role would be the villain, and we see him in the demo.

#7 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

I think they might be the only stars. Only other starring role would be the villain, and we see him in the demo.

Lame, if that's the case.

#8 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:20 PM

My only gripe is I kinda feel in love with the one-word version of the title, Bloodstone. Just seemed more Bondian. But as Blood Stone appears to refer to blood diamonds, I can see how two words works.

I very much miss the one-word version of the title as well. Very Bondian if you ask me.

With that said, the game looks to be much better than the upcoming remake of GoldenEye, and if only one of them could be on multiple platforms, I'm very much glad that it's this one. My only issue with it at this point is that the graphics appear to be very uneven in the game. There are times during that trailer where the graphics look beyond phenomenal, and then there are other moments (mainly during the trailer's opening car chase) where things don't look so good. Hopefully there's still some development time left where they can smooth out some of these things. Other than that, though, this looks very promising.

I think with the graphics, some of these may just be cut scenes between levels - not actually playable content - which would be really annoying.

#9 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:28 PM

Why do you think that the title refers to blood diamonds? Maybe the "Stone" refers to the last name of a character. Anyway, so far what we've seen is nice, but it appears what we've seen is almost exclusively from 2 or 3 action sequences in the game. Still plenty left for them to show us.

Yeah, could be a character. But the titles are filled with diamonds so diamonds do play a part in all this. I just jumped to the conclusion I guess.

#10 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

I think this looks pretty fantastic! An original Daniel Craig Bond game, it's exactly what I wanted. Love that Fierstein wrote it. Surprised to see Micheal G. Wilson reveal it! Hope to see more at Comic Con, but, honestly, not sure what's left to reveal. We kind of got it all in one big batch!

Why do you think that the title refers to blood diamonds? Maybe the "Stone" refers to the last name of a character.

The title sequence posted earlier in the thread would seem to indicate that diamonds at least have some part in the decision to call the game "Blood Stone".

#11 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1579 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

I'm excited, it looks good and can serve as a replacement Bond film (I'm starting to get withdrawl symptoms)

#12 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:31 PM

I'm excited, it looks good and can serve as a replacement Bond film (I'm starting to get withdrawl symptoms)

Yep, I hear ya, Orion. Think this is a fine replacement.

#13 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:42 PM

Yep, I hear ya, Orion. Think this is a fine replacement.

Agreed. I am stoked.

#14 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:20 PM

From Raybond in another thread.

There is a copy of the title sequence, with the song by Joss Stone and dave Stewart, already up on youtube:

#15 chriso

chriso

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

From Raybond in another thread.

There is a copy of the title sequence, with the song by Joss Stone and dave Stewart, already up on youtube:

nice video! title sequence reminds me a bit of DAD :confused:

#16 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:33 PM

It's pretty good! Song is...decent.

#17 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

Joss Stone. Blood Stone. I wonder if they got her to do the song because of her surname?

#18 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:41 PM

Joss Stone. Blood Stone. I wonder if they got her to do the song because of her surname?

Yes, I'm certain that was THE deciding factor.

:P

#19 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:55 PM

Anyone else a bit nervous that Bruce Feirstein wrote the script for the game? This scares me a bit because I for one do not want to see the stupidity of the Bronsan era return.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're getting an original Bond game and I'm going to be a first day buyer. I'm sincerely hoping that it'll pick up after the QoS game and continue down the Quantum storyline and not go off into TND or TWINE territory.

#20 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:59 PM

Anyone else a bit nervous that Bruce Feirstein wrote the script for the game? This scares me a bit because I for one do not want to see the stupidity of the Bronsan era return.

Not at all. He did a fantastic job with the EA video games Everything or Nothing and From Russia with Love. I personally don't have a problem with any of his Bond film screenplays during the Brosnan era either.

#21 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

I'm with Righty on that. I'd like to see BF back writing the films, in fact.

#22 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:04 PM

BF is a million times better than Purvis and Wade. I'd like to see him back writing the films at some point, also.

#23 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:05 PM

AH! I had no idea he was behind EoN or FRWL. Thank you Righty for putting my worries at ease.

But if I see a giant metal octopus one more time....

Edited by TheREAL008, 17 July 2010 - 06:06 PM.

#24 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:06 PM

I wouldn't mind having him back writing the films as long as there were others working on the script as well. I think that the script for GOLDENEYE is solid enough, but some aspects of the film needed some strengthening, such as the fact that MI6 had become an ultra-PC working environment (probably moreso than anywhere else) where every character was given dialogue that served as a means to show just how un-PC the Bond character actually is. That, and the long stretches in the beginning of the film where Bond is given very little to do that is actually meaningful, are my main problems with that film. If Fierstein could write a script for Craig largely in the style of GOLDENEYE with another screenwriter coming in and tightening up certain aspects of the script that may fall into problem areas such as those I mentioned above, then I might be up for it.

I would still rather see them go in a completely different direction and bring in some fresh screenwriters who have had no prior connection to the franchise.

#25 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:08 PM

I do like the idea that the Bond girl, Nicole Hunter, is a Paris Hilton-like socialite. I think there's new places to go with that. Refreshing to get away from the female agent thing (now watch her turn out to be an undercover agent :P).

#26 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:17 PM

(now watch her turn out to be an undercover agent :P).

Sadly, that's probably what will end up happening. :D

I do think, though, that you're right in saying that there's some potential in the idea of the Bond girl being a socialite.

#27 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:26 PM

Has anybody noticed that Joss Stone is the third singer to do a song for a James Bond video game AND become a Bond girl?

Mya as Mya Starling in Everything or Nothing
Song: "Everything or Nothing"

Natasha Bedingfield as Elizabeth Stark in From Russia with Love
Song: "If You're Gonna..." from GoldenEye: Rogue Agent

Joss Stone as Nicole Hunter in Blood Stone
Song: "I'll Take it All"

#28 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:32 PM

not the biggest fan of it being in third person (I prefer seeing bond's world through his eyes) but I do like some of the things i see in the demo notably the boat and car chases.

I'm actually excited for both Goldeneye and Blood Stone. I honestly wouldn't be upset with 2 Bond games every other year lol.

I do hope Quantum is behind Greco's (the apparent villain of the game) actions.

also hoping the video game plot is down to earth I really don't need cloning or nano bots in bond again.

#29 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

not the biggest fan of it being in third person

That's the aspect of the game that has me the most excited. Other than GoldenEye 007, the rest of the Bond first-person games have been decidedly subpar. "Everything or Nothing" was a solid, if unspectacular, game, but the third person perspective really helped that game considerably. Had this been yet another Bond FPS, I probably wouldn't even bother picking it up, as anyone has yet to make one that has even managed to live up to GoldenEye 007, which was well over a decade ago and hasn't aged particularly well.

#30 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're getting an original Bond game and I'm going to be a first day buyer. I'm sincerely hoping that it'll pick up after the QoS game and continue down the Quantum storyline and not go off into TND or TWINE territory.

It's a videogame, it calls for Brosnan-like action scenes. I want and expect to mow down 50 people with a machine gun! Don't get me wrong, I love the Craig style of gritty action in the movies, but a videogame is an entirely different venue, it needs the bigger, high octane kind of action.

Anyway, so TWO Bond games in the next few months. Great! I'm liking the demo a lot, they've definitely managed to capture the more physical side of Craig's Bond.

Has a specific release date been mentioned anywhere? I've seen "Holiday 2010" which seems very placeholder-ish. In November, Activision is already putting out Goldeneye on the Wii and the new Call of Duty game, so putting out three action shooters all in the same timeframe sounds insane. I'm guessing January for Bloodstone unless the release date has been set in, um, stone.