This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Quantum of Solace (Definitive Edition) release date set?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Death for breakfast

Death for breakfast

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:35 PM

Hey it's been a while since I last posted but i was on IGN today and I happened to come across this pageIGN

If you scroll down to July 28th the Quantum of Solace (Definitive Edition) is supposedly set be released that day. Just wondering if this is old news or if this release date has any merit?

#2 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:47 PM

I think it's just a re-release with no new special features.

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:40 PM

Covered here:

http://debrief.comma...showtopic=58015

Short answer: It's just an Australian release of the regular DVD.

#4 bondrules

bondrules

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2190 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:54 PM

There is no fixing Solace. The sucky edition is the only edition there will ever be.

#5 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:46 AM

There is no fixing Solace. The sucky edition is the only edition there will ever be.

Stop bashing the damn movie. There's really no need too.

This thread is about a DVD release, not your own personal tastes on the movie itself.

#6 bondrules

bondrules

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2190 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:52 AM

This thread is about a DVD release, not your own personal tastes on the movie itself.

Well, thankfully, the mods are not from North Korea, so I can speak freely. Besides the DVD release is after all about the movie.

#7 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:34 AM

Well, thankfully, the mods are not from North Korea, so I can speak freely.

Decadent western capitalist pigs like yourself shouldn't pry into the mods political affairs, or you be betraying your mother forum that raised and fed you as world class Bond fan.

Also, they did NOT eat dog for dinner! Wipe that repugnant thought from your mind, or the Administrators will have to it for you.

-----------

This is a peace loving, democratic Bond forum. Any negative propaganda from MI6 is to be ignored.

#8 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:09 AM

Well, thankfully, the mods are not from North Korea, so I can speak freely. Besides the DVD release is after all about the movie.

Yes, you can speak freely. But it doesn't necessarily mean you should when you don't have anything relevant to contribute.

#9 bondrules

bondrules

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2190 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:48 AM

Yes, you can speak freely. But it doesn't necessarily mean you should when you don't have anything relevant to contribute.

Go back and read what he posted. He is upset b/c actually I've been qualifying my reasons for disliking QoS throughout many other posts. He doesn't want me to bash QoS. I've been very thorough describing why I think QoS is not a very good movie. And I will continue to do so if I consider it appropriate. And who says I can't post a joke here and there? Does every single post has to be a thorough analysis? NO. You take all of my comments combined, and if together they don't make a contribution, you can tell me otherwise. After all, that's what forums are all about. Free speech.

#10 Bucky

Bucky

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:09 PM

this was reported on a few dvd and bluray sites such as bluray.com where they were reporting it as being a new special edition release for the UK. it took a while for the others on that site to believe me that this was not the case for this release.

i would rather have the other bond films released on bluray since the current release of quantum of solace is more than adequate since i mostly care about a movie have solid audio and video presentation and not the special features which i may view once at the most.