This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Who Should write the next James Bond Game?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:21 AM

(Note to Mods I'd appreciate it if you added a poll to this)

With Bruce Feirstein writing Goldeneye the Game I'm Curious who would you want to write the next bond game?

Someone from the films perhaps

Michael Wilson
Neal Purvis and Robert Wade
Bruce Feirstein
Paul Haggis
Peter Morgan

or perhaps an author of bond

Charlie Higson
Raymond Benson
Jeffery Deaver

or someone else entyirely

Who would you want to write the next bond game? and Why?

#2 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:36 AM

Maybe a good game writer?

#3 Lachesis

Lachesis

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 394 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:15 PM

Maybe a good game writer?

Aye its not just a case of writing a cracking story, its as much a case of using/exploiting the benefits of the game medium to involve and challenge the player....its sublty different from delivering a book owhich is in turn subtly different from scripting a film.

#4 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:52 PM

No I have to disagree.

Let's use batman as the example. Most Batman games before Arkham Asylum were garbage. for a varity of reasons but for the most part the level don't flow and the villians are just there. Arkham Asylum everything is different. WHY Paul Dini. He is not a video game writer but he knows Batman and is a writer so Rocksteady hired him and basically said "provide us with an engaging story thatfans will love and we'll provide the graphics" When Bond is left to "video game writers" we have him dealing with clones and nano technology and basically the most ridiculous plots, Or worse yet we get videogame tiein that have a dnagerous trend to show less and less of the plot and locations.

I want a Bond game with an Engaging Story that Allows users to enter His world. And honestly Zorin I think you'll agree with me "A guy who write's video games" Can't do that because if he could Why didn't they?

The real reason I'm excited about Goldenye for Wii it looks like the first Bond game in a while to let us walk into his world and Be Bond.

But Maybe I'm the only one who actually thinks a Bond game can be more then just "run Jump and Shoot"