This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Would you want any other films Reimagined with Daniel Craig?

37 replies to this topic

#31 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:00 PM

I'd rather they stay away from "re-imagining" the other films. The re-imagining of From Russia With Love was such a complete disaster that I'd rather not see them desecrate the memory of any of the other films.

What I would like to see, however, is something that someone already mentioned earlier in either this thread or another, which would be an open world game (similar to GTA) in which you could pick which Bond you wanted to play the game as and the whole thing was based around an original story idea rather than going back and ruining another film in the franchise the way they ruined FRWL.

I would like an adaption of Colonel sun to be the next video game personally.

I'd actually prefer if they just stopped making Bond games, to be perfectly honest. There's only been one good game (GoldenEye 007 back in the late 1990s). The rest of them have been downright putrid, and now the rights are in the hands of a studio that, quite frankly, isn't particularly good.

#32 Single-O-Seven

Single-O-Seven

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1323 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:15 PM

I'd rather they stay away from "re-imagining" the other films. The re-imagining of From Russia With Love was such a complete disaster that I'd rather not see them desecrate the memory of any of the other films.

What I would like to see, however, is something that someone already mentioned earlier in either this thread or another, which would be an open world game (similar to GTA) in which you could pick which Bond you wanted to play the game as and the whole thing was based around an original story idea rather than going back and ruining another film in the franchise the way they ruined FRWL.

I would like an adaptation of Colonel Sun to be the next movie!! But a game would be interesting too, though a lot of liberties would be taken to keep players interested.

#33 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:32 PM

Why?

#34 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

Adapting a Bond novel into a game will never happen. Especially a novel that not many people have heard of.

#35 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:20 PM

Adapting a Bond novel into a game will never happen. Especially a novel that not many people have heard of.

Completely agreed.

One would also have to wonder if they even have the rights to the novels, especially the continuation novels.

#36 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:04 AM

I would like to see Craig in a game after FOR YOUR EYES ONLY or LIVE AND LET DIE.

#37 TheREAL008

TheREAL008

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:10 PM

Actually, since we already have a CR game (of sorts) why not just make games out of the novels? TSWLM would have to be changed at Ian's request. (Have Anya an agent of SMERSH for instance just to have an aside to the movie)

If done right, it could work.

#38 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:10 PM

Or how about a game after the Bond comics PERMISSION TO KILL + SHATTERED HELIX ?