dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:37 PM

(Not literally)

http://www.deadline....mix/#more-45110

I'd prefer to see him in The Man with the Red Tattoo though B)

#2 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 11:44 PM

I'd prefer to see him in The Man with the Red Tattoo though :tdown:

B) :tdown:

#3 bond 16.05.72

bond 16.05.72

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:20 AM

I've been waiting to see the original and have it pre-ordered on Blu ray and usually cynical about remakes but Fincher supposedly hasn't seen the original and is said to be going for his own adaptation of the novel rather than a remake and people who've seen the original and approve of this are saying Craig is great fit for the male lead.

Fincher and Craig now we are talking, deep psychological thriller giving DC a chance to really flex is acting muscles again. Maybe the Bond hiatus will see at least Daniel get a chance to show the world outside of his Bond work what a gifted actor he is, I do hope this happens, I can wait for Bond till 2012 it's no problem to me if this goes ahead.

#4 hilly

hilly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:48 AM

Ironically, the male lead in the Swedish version looks distinctly Craig-like!

I loved the books and the film adaptation of the "Dragon Tattoo" was wonderful. I'm puzzled as to why there is the need for a Hollywood version however, when the original is less than a year old...other than appealing to people who can't be bothered to read subtitles B)

#5 blueman

blueman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2219 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:08 AM

Filming on this would wrap in December, so an early start on 23 in 2011 is feasible.

#6 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 02:59 PM

I have to say I find it slightly irritating that they're now remaking recent foreign films that actually did pretty well for themselves in the US. Then again, I suppose this could be considered more of a "re-adaptation" than an actual remake, and it's nowhere near as ridiculous as the Death at a Funeral remake (that great visionary Neil La Beut's latest work).

#7 Qwerty

Qwerty

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 85605 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:08 PM

Now on the CBn main page...

Posted Image
James Bond star may join David Fincher-directed crime thriller

#8 DR76

DR76

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1673 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:45 PM

I have to say I find it slightly irritating that they're now remaking recent foreign films that actually did pretty well for themselves in the US. Then again, I suppose this could be considered more of a "re-adaptation" than an actual remake, and it's nowhere near as ridiculous as the Death at a Funeral remake (that great visionary Neil La Beut's latest work).

This has been going on for a long time. Hollywood remakes foreign films. Foreign films remake Hollywood films. It's nothing new.

#9 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

In Dragon Tatto's case it isn't anything new, although I believe the original is somewhat better known among English speaking audiences than some similar remake fodder in the past has been. It is a bit new for Hollywood to remake an English language comedy that only came out three years previously and is widely available on DVD. Or maybe it isn't, but either way I'm entitled to think it's a bit desperate.

#10 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:32 PM

Very interesting, and encouraging. Craig's non-Bond roles haven't excited me at all...till news of Cowboys and Aliens. Now he seems to be both lightening up and thinking outside of the box. I'm a huge fan of Larsson's books. And, though I haven't seen the original Swedish film, a remake to me would make excellent sense since the books are world-wide phenomena, whereas the Swedish films won't get much distribution here. I'll see both versions, in any case, and be thrilled to do so.

#11 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:39 AM

He would be prefect for the role and most (looking at the comments) seem to agree, that he would be better suited for the role then Brad Pitt. Lets hope - fingers crossed.

#12 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:48 PM

B) Craig plus Fincher - sounds great to me.

But it seems as if BOND 23 is slipping further away...

Well, at least Craig has got another franchise going since "The Girl with..." is a trilogy which, I suspect, will be filmed almost back-to-back.

So... who is going to be Bond Number seven?

#13 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

B) Craig plus Fincher - sounds great to me.

But it seems as if BOND 23 is slipping further away...

Well, at least Craig has got another franchise going since "The Girl with..." is a trilogy which, I suspect, will be filmed almost back-to-back.

I don´t think, it has anyting to do with Bond slipping away, just with the fact, that he has some free time this fall... :tdown:

#14 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:39 PM

Of course Mr Craig could have been pencilled/approached in for this project quite a while back but the press were not told...? Projects of this size do not spring up overnight, even if the reporting about them does.

#15 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:56 PM

Well, if it were down to me to choose right this minute from the current crop of actors, I'd unhesitatingly select Michael Fassbender.

#16 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:02 PM

Still a bit too early to look for a new model surely?

#17 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:37 PM

It would be nice to think so. But part of me is also hoping that Dan has some sort of expiration date on his Bond contract. I'd hate to see him get tied up for 10-15 years. Especially now that he's picking some hard-rocking projects.

#18 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:49 PM

It's nice to see that Craig has still got a career under his belt. Not only is he probably one of the most popular James Bond actors, but he hasn't been typecast in the role, and he can still get work.

I think this is the key to his role of Bond as well. It's not like he's relying on Bond to keep his career alive, he's doing other films and is very popular. I have a great feeling that Craig will still be Bond for a long time. He obviously loves the role, and can go back to it whenever he wants. His career is far from over. B)

Dragon Tattoo looks very interesting as well. I'll make sure I see it, when it's released.

#19 Trident

Trident

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2658 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

It would be nice to think so. But part of me is also hoping that Dan has some sort of expiration date on his Bond contract. I'd hate to see him get tied up for 10-15 years. Especially now that he's picking some hard-rocking projects.

No, I don't think Craig is condemned to sit at home until further notice. There surely is a minimum-time for a warning notice in his his contract, otherwise he wouldn't be able to accept Cowboys&Aliens and couldn't very well aspire for the Larsson adaption. And as it is a trilogy I suspect Craig may also see parts II and III, wouldn't he?

#20 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:17 PM

No, I don't think Craig is condemned to sit at home until further notice. There surely is a minimum-time for a warning notice in his his contract, otherwise he wouldn't be able to accept Cowboys&Aliens and couldn't very well aspire for the Larsson adaption. And as it is a trilogy I suspect Craig may also see parts II and III, wouldn't he?

It would be wise for him to do so, and I think highly enjoyable: Karl, or Kalle, his character is richly drawn and, though the books have action aplenty, the heroine Lisbeth handles most of it. So Dan wouldn't be stuck in another Bond-like role, though his hero is quite the 'swordsman'. Haven't read the third book yet, but since Lisbeth is apparently in the hospital for most of it, possibly Craig's character would get to do some action.

#21 Emma

Emma

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:09 PM

Well this is good new for Craig. I think he would be perfect in the role. The Swedish version of the film is amazing. They actually made it more streamlined than the book and cut out a lot of the stupid stuff. If anyone here has the chance to cath the film in theatres, I highly recommend you see it there.

#22 bond 16.05.72

bond 16.05.72

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:24 PM

I've bought all 3 books recently and have started on GWTDT, will definitely be getting it on Blu ray when it's released next month.

#23 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:13 AM

If DC does sign on for this flick, it means they aren't exactly ready to begin Bond 23 anytime soon. Check this out:

http://twitter.com/p...ses/15942211292

Sony's adaptation of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo," is planning a 7 month shoot beginning this August with locations in L.A. & Europe.

#24 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:33 PM

The latest Entertainment Weekly cautions that casting won't be finalized for another couple of months and that neither Craig nor Brad Pitt is a shoo-in. Meanwhile, though we have to wait two years for the first film, the Swedish version of DRAGON TATTOO will be released on DVD on 007/06. And the Swedish film of book two will hit American theaters sometime in July.

#25 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:51 PM

edit

Edited by Germanlady, 21 June 2010 - 06:25 PM.

#26 dodge

dodge

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5068 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:47 PM

edit

Oh, dear. Did you say something horrible?

P.S.: According to Entertainment Weekly, total worldwide sales for the three-book franchise, to date, are: 40 million copies.

#27 Germanlady

Germanlady

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

edit

Oh, dear. Did you say something horrible?

P.S.: According to Entertainment Weekly, total worldwide sales for the three-book franchise, to date, are: 40 million copies.

I NEVER do B) No, I asked your for the link, but then found it myself. That´s all

#28 Stephen Spotswood

Stephen Spotswood

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:55 PM

For a second there I thought you said Craig was to get a Dalton tattoo...

Gee, weak eyes are fun!

#29 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:47 AM

Update from Deadline :
http://www.deadline....cember-21-2011/

"The studio continues talking with Daniel Craig to play publisher Mikael Blomkvist, but sources tell me there's a scheduling problem for him involving the long delayed next Bond pic and Cowboys & Aliens."

I don't think they have to worry about a Bond scheduling conflict anytime soon :S

#30 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:07 AM

Update from Deadline :
http://www.deadline....cember-21-2011/

"The studio continues talking with Daniel Craig to play publisher Mikael Blomkvist, but sources tell me there's a scheduling problem for him involving the long delayed next Bond pic and Cowboys & Aliens."

I don't think they have to worry about a Bond scheduling conflict anytime soon :S

maybe (hopefully) they know something we don't know