6 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Slate

Mr Slate

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:47 PM

Hi There!

As I'm over here in the UK and I know that a lot of people that visit this forum are in the US of A - I thought that I'd share a link to the interview with new Bond continuation author Jeffrey Deaver on the BBC iPlayer, but then it also dawned on me... people outside the UK aren't able to access the iPlayer to listen to radio shows or watch TV shows....

...so having done my best Boris Grishenko impression: "I Am Invincible!" The interview is now available to listen to via YouTube at:

I hope that it plays well and is of some interest to you all. I would be interested to hear people's views on the new Bond project. And when on YouTube whilst not have a look at the other video's that I've posted - hope that you like them, (I'm just uploading a re-edited scene - Bond and Tanya on the Ferry in From Russia With love ).

Until next time.

The elusive Mr Slate

#2 whiteskwirl

whiteskwirl

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:55 PM

Awesome, thanks for posting!

Hearing Deaver's voice for the first time, I was struck by how humorous and young he sounds compared to his photo (I guess the hair is part of it). Judging from the pictures I've seen he looked like he might be kind of stiff; I'm glad to see he's actually pretty easygoing. Not that it matters, really, it's just more endearing.

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:02 AM

Excellent. Thank you. He is really keeping his cards close to his chest on this. Think he was starting to go somewhere new but then the host interrupted. Hate that.

#4 Mr Slate

Mr Slate

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:13 AM

Excellent. Thank you. He is really keeping his cards close to his chest on this. Think he was starting to go somewhere new but then the host interrupted. Hate that.

Yes me too - but that's what you get when you have a show hosted by a former host of Wheel of Fortune. LOL B)

Still glad that you guys like it. I see online that he's going to be doing some book signings for his new novel in Birmingham and Nottingham (UK) both of which aren't a million miles away from me. I think that I'm going to try and attend one and take my iPod voice memo recorder to ask a few questions.... do you think he'd answer them? Still I'd like to get some of his books and see what they're like. From the interview I posted it sounds like it'll be fast paced and with a twist or two at the end.

Hope he doesn't marry Bond off only for his bride to be killed on the last but one page of the novel... can't help but think that's been done before. LOL

Edited by Mr Slate, 01 June 2010 - 12:15 AM.

#5 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:53 AM

Think he was starting to go somewhere new but then the host interrupted. Hate that.

Caught that, he was about to say something newish it seemed but the host interjected and commented on the locales. How very annoying.

#6 Mr Slate

Mr Slate

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:41 AM

Hello All!

Just to let you know that I've now reposted the interview on YouTube - now with an additional interview with JD that was on BBC Radio 4 too!

You can find it at:

#7 quantumofsolace

quantumofsolace

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1563 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

thanks for these Mr Slate

Edited by quantumofsolace, 02 June 2010 - 05:50 PM.