'Scorpius' in Hebrew

4 replies to this topic

#1 godwulf

godwulf

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:01 PM

Just got this hardcover in the mail, from Israel, and wanted to share the cover illustration.

Posted Image

#2 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:45 AM

Very cool. B)

I own a bunch of Bond novels in Hebrew (including Scorpius) and I posted pictures of them in James Bond in Hebrew.

Did you get it from eBay? If so, which seller?

If you need/want any more Bond novels in Hebrew, I can put you in touch with my book dealer in Israel. She's fantastic. :tdown:

Edited by Righty007, 26 May 2010 - 05:40 AM.

#3 godwulf

godwulf

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:52 PM

Yes, from eBay. The seller was aries546.

I actually don't read Hebrew, but just thought it would be fun to have at least one Bond novel in as many languages as possible, and I liked this cover.

If there's a Hebrew edition of Colonel Sun, I'd be very interested, though. I'm trying to collect as many editions of that book as possible. I just received copies of the Reader's Book Club and Companion Book Club editions from a seller in Australia; the shipping was outrageous, but I only paid $10 each for the books themselves, so overall I feel I made out.

#4 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:47 PM

Yes, from eBay. The seller was aries546.

I actually don't read Hebrew, but just thought it would be fun to have at least one Bond novel in as many languages as possible, and I liked this cover.

If there's a Hebrew edition of Colonel Sun, I'd be very interested, though. I'm trying to collect as many editions of that book as possible. I just received copies of the Reader's Book Club and Companion Book Club editions from a seller in Australia; the shipping was outrageous, but I only paid $10 each for the books themselves, so overall I feel I made out.

That's the same seller I used. She was very helpful in tracking down Hebrew Bond novels for me. I noticed she keeps putting up Bond novels on eBay. I think after selling me 8 Flemings (including Chitty Chitty Bang Bang) and 3 Gardners, she figured out that there was a market for them in the West. B)

I don't read Hebrew either but my fascination with them started when I saw the really cool Hebrew cover art for the Fleming novels.

I don't know if Colonel Sun exists in Hebrew so let me know if you find any information on it. :tdown:

#5 MrKidd

MrKidd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

If you're interested...

It reads right to left not left to right.

The top line (in red) says A Novel by Ian Fleming - 'Ian Fleming' is the third and fourth word (from right to left). So as we read it it says Fleming Ian of Novel! The big blue obviously says 'James Bond, 007' or as we read it Bond James 007! Scorpius is spelt phonetically in yellow (again, right to left). B)