114 replies to this topic

#61 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:15 PM

So, it look's like the footage of the new game was real. The video that I had uploaded on Youtube has been removed due to copyrighted material of Activision. 8)

My friends, that's the new game indeed.

xxx

#62 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:47 PM

oh man, did it get taken down already? i didn't get a chance to see it! anyone know any active links for the vid still in tact?

#63 CardShark

CardShark

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:00 PM

oh man, did it get taken down already? i didn't get a chance to see it! anyone know any active links for the vid still in tact?

I'm sure it will pop up again.

#64 bond_azoozbond

bond_azoozbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 383 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:59 PM

You can see what looks like Arabic on the street signs. I'll be genuinely shocked if they drop Bond in Afghanistan. He really shouldn't be there.

an interesting point Afghanistan was rumored as a possible location for bond 23 2 years ago. perhaps elements of that are cropping up here?

I Honestly wouldn't mind Afghanistan or Iraq so long as it fits the plot nicely rather then being used because it's topical

I think in project X bond will visit Iraq and Afghanistan , so maybe this new game will base on project x story ?? maybe ..

#65 rexburch

rexburch

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:52 AM

Looks like ole JAMESHOT at Bondmovies still has an active link running from the tube for this video.
http://www.bondmovie...ead.php?t=37034

#66 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:46 AM

They also speak Uzbek. I see no fun in taking Bond to Afghanistan. It's a wasteland riddled with snow capped mountains and a wealth of ethnic groups. Bond doesn't belong in that setting, it's not fun or exciting. There is nothing other worldly or high octane about that country right now. It needs stability. Bond should stay out.

He's been there a number of times. The Living Daylights, Devil May Care and according to his new rebooted service jacket, he served there covertly. You could do a number of things with Afghanistan as far as plot is concerned, but usually it's about opium (or narcotics) which is very much a Fleming-like plot device (see, Goldfinger, Thunderball, For Your Eyes Only, Devil May Care, and The Poppy Is Also A Flower). The fact that a war is also going on there right now could be an interesting back drop for Bond.

I think in project X bond will visit Iraq and Afghanistan , so maybe this new game will base on project x story ?? maybe ..

I doubt they would tie in with a book. There's no reason. The locations for "Project X" are largely unknown, but according to Deaver his Bond is a veteran of Afghanistan, but he doesn't say much beyond that - doesn't mean he'll necessarily be there in the book.

#67 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:16 AM

They also speak Uzbek. I see no fun in taking Bond to Afghanistan. It's a wasteland riddled with snow capped mountains and a wealth of ethnic groups. Bond doesn't belong in that setting, it's not fun or exciting. There is nothing other worldly or high octane about that country right now. It needs stability. Bond should stay out.

He's been there a number of times. The Living Daylights, Devil May Care and according to his new rebooted service jacket, he served there covertly. You could do a number of things with Afghanistan as far as plot is concerned, but usually it's about opium (or narcotics) which is very much a Fleming-like plot device (see, Goldfinger, Thunderball, For Your Eyes Only, Devil May Care, and The Poppy Is Also A Flower). The fact that a war is also going on there right now could be an interesting back drop for Bond.

I doubt they would tie in with a book. There's no reason. The locations for "Project X" are largely unknown, but according to Deaver his Bond is a veteran of Afghanistan, but he doesn't say much beyond that - doesn't mean he'll necessarily be there in the book.

True point. there hasn't been a modern bond game with 007 dealing with drug dealers so I'd love to see that plot used.

#68 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

If they created a fake Afghan city then yeah probably, but all 4 of its major cities are trashed. It was very different in the 80's.

#69 CardShark

CardShark

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:04 PM

If they created a fake Afghan city then yeah probably, but all 4 of its major cities are trashed. It was very different in the 80's.

There is a possibility they might just do that or use another Middle Eastern country. It a bit to early to tell though the footage does look amazing.

#70 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8038 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

So has Activision scheduled the release of this one a week before the next Call of Duty yet? ;)

#71 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

So has Activision scheduled the release of this one a week before the next Call of Duty yet? ;)

Even in sarcasm, that statement fills me with rage.

#72 CardShark

CardShark

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:46 PM

No activision is planning to release it the same day as Tomorrow Never Dies staring Daniel Craig for PS3 only due to Tomorrow Never Dies with Brosnan orignally being released on the Playstation. :D

#73 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:25 AM

No activision is planning to release it the same day as Tomorrow Never Dies staring Daniel Craig for PS3 only due to Tomorrow Never Dies with Brosnan orignally being released on the Playstation. :D

I hope not.

#74 CardShark

CardShark

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:58 PM

Not a magor point but looking at the video it seems that like the last few the game will have regenerating health

#75 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:21 PM

Not a magor point but looking at the video it seems that like the last few the game will have regenerating health

Well I kinda figured they would.

#76 x007AceOfSpades

x007AceOfSpades

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4369 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 10:22 PM

After seeing those pics all I can say is WOW! Im even more excited then reading the articles. I currently have Quantum Of Solace on my 360 and am eagerly awaiting Blood Stone for Christmas. If this game can come out next year by November It looks like I'll pre-order that instead of another Call Of Duty game.

#77 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

Did anybody else notice in Blood Stone's end credits that Raven Software is listed under Special Thanks? Pretty much confirmation they are involved, so I'm guessing we'll hear about this game fully some time in the summer.

#78 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:20 PM

Look at you Matt. You're like a little detective.

#79 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:20 PM

Apologies on the -1 Matt! I meant to hit the plus! I counter-acted my mistake! Good find!

Edited by Chief of SIS, 23 December 2010 - 05:21 PM.

#80 CardShark

CardShark

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:14 PM

Yes I'm pretty sure it will hit G3 2011. we should also get info on the title and some more game play.

I can't wait.

Oh and quite a good find Matt.

Edited by CardShark, 23 December 2010 - 10:24 PM.

#81 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

http://www.linkedin....n-song/5/885/2b

This is pretty interesting. The animator whose demo reel we saw has this resume posted online. On it, we see that he served as a motion capture animator on "Bond 2010 (Third person shooting game) Canceled." Now I know MI6 has insiders who claim that the game is back on, and even Deadline reported that work had begun yet again. Song left Raven in December so it's entirely possible that the game could have been taken off the chopping block at the last minute, but this resume is very interesting. We're hurting for news again around here so at this point I'm just trying to stir some discussion.

#82 Garth007

Garth007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:17 PM

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jin-song/5/885/2b

This is pretty interesting. The animator whose demo reel we saw has this resume posted online. On it, we see that he served as a motion capture animator on "Bond 2010 (Third person shooting game) Canceled." Now I know MI6 has insiders who claim that the game is back on, and even Deadline reported that work had begun yet again. Song left Raven in December so it's entirely possible that the game could have been taken off the chopping block at the last minute, but this resume is very interesting. We're hurting for news again around here so at this point I'm just trying to stir some discussion.

Dude im craving for news on this game! bloodstone had plenty of potencial in it and from what i've seen of the demo reel it looks like they are fixing alot of the problems bloodstone had. i want it now!!!!!!

#83 CardShark

CardShark

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

Not for nothing but if I remember correctly both goldeneye and bloodstone were hinted at (by animators and designers) a good 11-12 monhts before hand so perhaps this Raven Bond game is canceled but will eventually come out in fall 2011?

found the Goldeneye aritcle I was talking about

http://commanderbond...activision.html

which definitly wound up being true and quite fun honestly.

Bloodstone I see was rumoured first in march (though the idea of a racing centric bond game popped up in 2008)

But still Goldeneye was leaked by a designer a year before it's release. Could the same be true for this game?

Edited by CardShark, 10 January 2011 - 07:32 PM.

#84 Garth007

Garth007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:26 PM

Not for nothing but if i remember correctly both goldeneye and bloodstone were hinted at (by animators and designers) a good 11-12 monhts before hand so perhaps this Raven Bond game is canceled but will eventually come out in fall 2011?

thats what i would say hopefully we see a trailer a E3 this year

#85 CardShark

CardShark

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:51 PM

I'm curious What kind of game this is. With Goldneye being succesfull the idea of remaking previous films with Daniel Craig in the lead could become a new market for Activison meaning the footage COULD be apart of perhaps The Living Daylights (or any other past bond film) staring Daniel Craig. However The images could be from a Bloodstone Followup. I'm not sure which would excited me more.

#86 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:00 AM

I'm curious What kind of game this is. With Goldneye being succesfull the idea of remaking previous films with Daniel Craig in the lead could become a new market for Activison meaning the footage COULD be apart of perhaps The Living Daylights (or any other past bond film) staring Daniel Craig. However The images could be from a Bloodstone Followup. I'm not sure which would excited me more.

They could do that, but other films don't have the marketability like GoldenEye did. Remember From Russia with Love? Hell that even had Sean Connery. It didn't do so hot.

I don't picture them going back for another old non-Craig film.

#87 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:22 AM

Well Deadline reemphasized in their article that the game was back in production, so I'm guessing in the coming months we'll hear more. If Bond 23 was originally slated for release this year, then I think it's a safe bet we'll at the very least get the new game by mid-November, especially judging by the video we saw. The foreseeable future is certainly going to be action packed.

#88 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:43 PM

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1143609p1.html

Does this mean no Bond game this year? Does this mean what we saw has been scrapped? What does this mean!?!

#89 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:43 PM

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1143609p1.html

Does this mean no Bond game this year? Does this mean what we saw has been scrapped? What does this mean!?!

#90 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

Is this the movie tie-in game, or is it something else?