#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

Rumor: Activision Shelves Bond Game for More Call of Duty

This doesn't sound good. Hope it's just a bogus rumor.

#3 Skudor

Skudor

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9286 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

I'm not a big fan of movie based games anyway - they're often just rubbish that we're meant to buy because of the brand.

#4 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

What a B) stiff statement. Why don't they try talking to us like we're customers?

#5 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

Stealth action game? Where did THIS come from? In any case, it seems all we've got left to look forward to (not even many of us now I suppose) is the release of BRC stateside. Gotta love big business B)

#6 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:00 PM

No new bond novels no new bond film and no new bond video games... UHM do they not want our money or something...

At least i have the "I never read it before so it's new to me" Gardner Novels.

I mean heck 89-95 there were still James bond novels and James bond the Duel even in 02-06 there were the young bond novels and 2 video games.

I mean what do the businesses just hate 007 now or something?

#7 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:11 PM

I wonder how much Eon has to do with all this? EA was put into a creative box in the end and it's starting to feel like Activision is also in a box.

#8 jamie00007

jamie00007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:03 AM

Typical. First Bond game that actually sounded like it could be a proper Bond game and not a generic shoot'em up and it gets canned.

I think I'm going to have to find a less disappointing subject than Bond to place my fan-ship in.

#9 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:28 PM

Typical. First Bond game that actually sounded like it could be a proper Bond game and not a generic shoot'em up and it gets canned.

I think I'm going to have to find a less disappointing subject than Bond to place my fan-ship in.

as i might have 2 as well.

the people behind bond must really hate us.

#10 Agent Spriggan Ominae

Agent Spriggan Ominae

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1068 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:40 PM

http://www.deadline....d-for-nov-2012/

Here's the interesting bit...

The actor began work on the Hollywood remake of the Swedish original The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo as soon as he completed shooting Cowboys and Aliens in a nifty bit of schedule coordination between two studios and James Bond rights holders Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson. Adding to the mix is that yet another James Bond videogame which had been held up because of the uncertainty recently got the go-ahead. Meanwhile, the latest 007 vidgame is for sale this Christmas.

Goes along with Raven working on a Bond game before it was put on pause. And now possibly it's back on. Good news if true and might give more fuel to the whispers that there is another game in development for 2011.

#11 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 11:13 PM

http://www.deadline....d-for-nov-2012/

Here's the interesting bit...

The actor began work on the Hollywood remake of the Swedish original The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo as soon as he completed shooting Cowboys and Aliens in a nifty bit of schedule coordination between two studios and James Bond rights holders Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson. Adding to the mix is that yet another James Bond videogame which had been held up because of the uncertainty recently got the go-ahead. Meanwhile, the latest 007 vidgame is for sale this Christmas.

Goes along with Raven working on a Bond game before it was put on pause. And now possibly it's back on. Good news if true and might give more fuel to the whispers that there is another game in development for 2011.

Good catch, I glossed over that part when I initially read the article. Very cool!

#12 Syndicate

Syndicate

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:28 AM

There are just not a lot of James Bond stuff here in the U.S. at all. We sure can't find any at Hot Topics, Target, JCPennys, Sears, Costco, ToysRus and mom and pop comic book stores. That outside of the video games, some of the movie books, reprint of the Fleming novels, CDs and the DVDs and Blu-Rays that been released

#13 Sharpe

Sharpe

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:32 AM

Raven software are the kings of the generic shooter... Don't see how this will be different.

That being said, a james bond game made by Raven software sounds awesome to me - generic or not.

#14 sharpshooter

sharpshooter

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8996 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 01:53 AM

Regardless of how this could end up, it's still promising news.

#15 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:47 AM

Well Blood Stone was pretty by the books and it's an outstanding play. If they have cars in there to spice things up I think we'll be in good shape. That seems to be the key to a good Bond title- tight vehicle sections. The rest, kind of like the films, will be your standard action fare with hopefully some class thrown in.

#16 K1Bond007

K1Bond007

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4932 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:28 AM

Raven software are the kings of the generic shooter... Don't see how this will be different.

Some of their more recent FPS titles are questionable, but your statement is absolutely ridiculous given their history. Hexen, Heretic 2, Soldier of Fortune, Jedi Outcast. Raven's prime was about from 97 to 2003.

Although Raven was doing one (or so we were told), I wouldn't rush to the conclusion that they're still doing one. Call of Duty is very lucrative whereas Bond is not. Activision has a lot of developers to work with, but after getting two this year (one of which is a dud) and the Infinity Ward mess, I almost wonder if we'll get a Bond game next year. I find it suspect that MGM's mess is holding up a Bond game.

#17 Bond_Assassin90

Bond_Assassin90

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:02 AM

Very interesting news, it'd be great if we got another Bond game next year.

Edited by Bond_Assassin90, 05 December 2010 - 05:03 AM.

#18 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

I think if this is the same Raven game and they've just started working on it again, we won't see it next year and they'll release it with Bond 23. I can't see a new game coming out in 2011 and then nothing or even another game coming out with the next film. If the Call of Duty thing is true as well, they could be making those maps well into Summer based on the three map packs from COD5.

I wouldn't be surprised if perhaps they have now split back into two teams, and the COD team will move onto Bond once the last packs are complete. Speculation of course, but I doubt we'll get a new Bond game in 2011 and I don't think Activision will want to miss out on the 50th celebrations and Bond 23.

#19 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:54 PM

I think if this is the same Raven game and they've just started working on it again, we won't see it next year and they'll release it with Bond 23. I can't see a new game coming out in 2011 and then nothing or even another game coming out with the next film. If the Call of Duty thing is true as well, they could be making those maps well into Summer based on the three map packs from COD5.

I wouldn't be surprised if perhaps they have now split back into two teams, and the COD team will move onto Bond once the last packs are complete. Speculation of course, but I doubt we'll get a new Bond game in 2011 and I don't think Activision will want to miss out on the 50th celebrations and Bond 23.

Perhaps we'll get a bond game in 2011 and 2012?

An orignal one in 2011 by Raven and a Bond 23 tie in 2012

#20 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

No new bond novels no new bond film and no new bond video games... UHM do they not want our money or something...

A new James Bond novel by Jeffery Deaver comes out in May 2011.

I mean heck 89-95 there were still James bond novels and James bond the Duel...

Don't forget James Bond Jr. came out in 1991. It's okay, you probably weren't born yet.

#21 Mr.Zukovsky

Mr.Zukovsky

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:14 PM

I really think that they should make a kinect James bond game, think of all the possibilities :)!

#22 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:21 AM

Can't think of any.

#23 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:37 AM

I can think of one. Striking a gun barrel pose in the opening sequence (if there is one :rolleyes: ) but other than that...Kinect + Bond = potential disaster (at the current state of the Kinect).

#24 PeteNeon

PeteNeon

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 406 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:50 PM

EDIT: Ah, it's been uploaded somewhere else http://www.viddler.c...er/videos/1419/

A NeoGAF member posted a link to a showreel from someone at Raven containing footage from the new game. It's been taken down now, but they've posted some screencaps.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Looks similar to Blood Stone, but very promising, like it's the next step on :D Getting more similar to Splinter Cell Conviction too.

Edited by PeteNeon, 07 December 2010 - 03:53 PM.

#25 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:02 PM

Great find.

#26 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:05 PM

............Where the hell did they get this!!!!

HOLY HELL THAT'S REAL. LOOK AT THAT!!!! The animation is absolutely insane! Look at that camera work!!!!

That just made my day. Thank you.

#27 Chief of SIS

Chief of SIS

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:58 PM

I also love how some parts look more polished than 'Blood Stone'

#28 Marketto007

Marketto007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2487 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:00 PM

Here's the video. ;)

xxx

#29 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:03 PM

The video looks good really good in fact. All vids and pics look like they are from the same level. Honestly It looks like a middle eastern city based on the Building Structure...

I'm offically excited for this :D

Does anyone else get a Living Daylights meets Quantum of Solace feel from the rooftop street chase the pics and vids showcase.

#30 CardShark

CardShark

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:21 PM

Hi. Long time lurker but with the cloud lifting on MGM and Bond 23 coming out and now a new game on the way and a new Bond novel I figure now is the perfect time to join. From what little has been leaked about the game it looks ok. Not amazing but not bad I'm going to reserve judgment till I see more about it.

I agree with Mr. Solace though the city looks a bit like Tangier.

Sincerly

John