5 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Arlington Beech

Mr. Arlington Beech

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:57 PM

I have noticed something in the television of my country- Chile-, that I don't know if it is common practice in others... the thing is that in several TV shows (i.e. made for TV movies, reality shows, entertainment programs, etc.) they use the score of CR as background music in adition to its own characteristic tunes.

#2 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:02 PM

It's quite common in here in the UK as well. Top Gear used African Rundown while Clarkson was racing a speedboat on the Thames, If I remember correctly.

Edited by The Shark, 10 December 2009 - 10:02 PM.

#3 col_007

col_007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:54 PM

It's quite common in here in the UK as well. Top Gear used African Rundown while Clarkson was racing a speedboat on the Thames, If I remember correctly.

Top Gear use loads of bond music i believe you often here snippets through the programme

#4 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 10:18 AM

They even used the car chase music from QoS this weekend.

#5 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:33 PM

Ah yes - I noticed that too. I must say the Top Gear team do film an exciting car chase or, in this case, a run around a ferry carpark before dumping in the sea.

I have heard the music from Goldfinger on an Egyptian programme, while wandering through said same country. Needless to say, it wasn't an Egypt'ed Goldfinger, but something unrelated.

#6 Mr. Arlington Beech

Mr. Arlington Beech

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1112 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:55 PM

It didn't happened the same thing here with the Brosnan era scores (unless it was Bondian segments of programs, and in those occasions it was only used the new Bond theme versions- i.e. Bond vs Oakenfold-), and I don't remember what was the case with Dalton's and Moore's Bond scores. What happened with the predecessors soundtracks in british TV or in another parts of the world??

Edited by Mr. Arlington Beech, 11 December 2009 - 12:55 PM.