Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:36 AM

Ludivine Sagnier
Heike Makatsch
Lucia Moniz

Just some of the beautiful ladies that have been signed to appear in the next Bond blockbuster.

Canada
Australia
France

Just some of the countries home to the breattaking scenery that will be featured in the next Bond blockbuster.

Omar Doom
Alexsei Chadov
Scott Adkins

Just some of the men that have signed to play the dangerous foes that our hero will come up against in the next Bond blockbuster.

DANIEL CRAIG

IS

JAMES BOND

The next Bond blockbuster, For Queen And Country, comes to the internet in February 2010.

BE READY

Edited by terminus, 23 November 2009 - 11:52 PM.

#2 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:37 AM

Very cool. B)

#3 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:09 PM

Go for it !

#4 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

Thanks for the confidence, fellas. Been working on this for a bit, it has been quite cathartic getting the scenes I've had in my head for ages out onto the page.

#5 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:22 AM

MEET MARY ANN RUSSELL

Posted Image

Jessica Napier has signed to play the lead love interest in the upcoming James Bond blockbuster, For Queen And Country. Taking her name from the 'heroine' in Ian Fleming's short story 'From A View To A Kill', Russell is reportedly a secret agent who teams up with Bond in the course of his mission - her exact affiliation remains to be revealed, but there may be a clue in Napier's Australian nationality and the reported use of Sydney, Australia, as a major location.

Napier has been seen filming scenes in both St. Tropez and Vancouver, Canada and with key scenes in Sydney, Australia due to be filmed in the upcoming month it remains to be scene whether the former McLeods Daughter and Sea Patrol star will be filming any scenes there.

Edited by terminus, 01 December 2009 - 11:53 PM.

#6 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:59 AM

MEET SIMONE MASTERS

Posted Image

Heike Makatsch, who is due to play the second of Bond's leading ladies in For Queen and Country, managed to find a few minutes to discuss her character. "She's French Canadian, a former air stewardess, she's married to the entrepeneur, Sir Phillip Masters and she's trying to manipulate events for her own gains ..." Makatsch fails to elaborate on what those events and those gains are but, when pressed, reveals that she's involved in what is set to be one of the films most stunning action set pieces. On her characters ultimate fate, she simply says that "Simone is in for a fall."

It's known that Makatsch is only due to film scenes in Vancouver, Canada and the producers were unable to hide filming that was under progress at a well known Vancouver ski resort, Grouse Mountain. There are also hints surfacing that some filming was conducted during an ice hockey game at the cities main stadium - but exactly how these fit into the movie remain to be seen.

Makatsch had one more thing to add - she enjoys a steamy kiss with Canadian actor Peter Miller, who "definitely isn't playing Simone's husband."

#7 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:28 PM

The Vehicles of For Queen and Country

Posted Image

According to reports - the following two vehicles will be seen in various scenes of the upcoming blockbuster. The Ford Ranger Thunder was apparantly shipped to Sydney, Australia whilst the yacht - the same model as the famous Pelorus owned by Roman Abramovich - has reportedly been filmed in at least three different locations round the world.

Posted Image

Exactly how these vehicles will be featured remains to be seen by Daniel Craig did elaborate that the Ford Ranger Thunder was a 'company car'.

#8 Automan

Automan

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:28 PM

wow great lookin ship but not as good looking as Jessica Napier
looking forward to this international adventure

#9 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:15 PM

wow great lookin ship but not as good looking as Jessica Napier
looking forward to this international adventure

Napier is a rather good find, I think - wanted an Australian actress for the role but couldn't find one suitable and then stumbled across her when I was watching Sea Patrol: Red Gold in which she plays Simone Robsenn. And she had exactly the look for the character that we wanted - she was rather a late casting, being picked out after I made the first post (thus why she isn't mentioned in the first post, she replaced Ludivine Sagnier).

Next weekend we'll see the announcement of who is due to play the films big villain followed by, on either Christmas Day/Christmas Eve/Boxing Day, a short scripted trailer to whet your appetites further.

#10 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 01:17 PM

INTRODUCING SIR PHILLIP MASTERS

Posted Image

Linus Roache has been announced to play Sir Phillip Masters, a multi-billionaire that our hero finds himself going up against in an adventure that sees the pair travel from France to Canada before having their final confrontation in Australia.

The 45 year old Manchester born actor, presently playing a major role in Law and Order, has also had starring roles in Batman Begins (as Thomas Wayne) and The Chronicles of Riddick (in which he played the villainous Purifier).

#11 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:51 AM

And, rather later than advertised - the trailer for FOR QUEEN AND COUNTRY:

For Queen and Country Trailer

As well as the announcement that the themetune of the movie would be 'Wicked Soul' by a British band known as Kubb. The song came out in 2005, I believe, and reached Number # 25 in the UK Charts. I'm sure you can find it if you look hard enough at certain sites.

#12 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:05 AM

Awesome, terminus!

I can't wait to see this whole thing come together after all this time. B)

#13 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:34 AM

Just a short update. FQAC is out to beta-readers as we speak for comments, we're still on target to meet out February deadline.

#14 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:33 AM

An an extra little treat - the track listing for what would be the Official Sound Track were it actually made.

1 - You Really Screwed That One Up
2 - "Wicked Soul" - sung by Kubb
3 - Sir Philip Masters
4 - Stand On Guard For Thee
5 - Call An Ambulance!
6 - Why Did You Do It? aka Serena's Theme
7 - Mary Ann Russell
8 - Chateau Masters (inc. "Wicked Soul" - sung by Sophie Ellis Bextor)
9 - Operation: Touchdown
10 - A Long Way To Fall
11 - Air Leiter
12 - Sydney
13 - I Thought You Were Dead
14 - Paloma
15 - See A Man About Some Lobster
16 - Company Car
18 - He's Going To Kill Them All
19 - HMAS Launceston
20 - Bond vs Masters
21 - Down Under
22 - 007 2010

#15 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:53 AM

I am anxiously waiting for this fan fiction romance explosion.

#16 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:29 AM

Interesting stuff here, Terminus.
I like Australia as a setting... why hasn't Bond been there before? Even I've been to Australia!
I see your preview is in screenplay form. I assume that means you are writing a screen treatment, which rather cuts out the "soul searching" aspect of the literary 007, but I'll run with it coz it reads really well.
There's a ST of Icebreaker somewhere in FF that I did about 2 years ago, but I got disillusioned with the whole ST format and went back to prose. I find it too technically difficult. You seem to do ok... have you had practice???

Edited by chrisno1, 26 January 2010 - 01:30 AM.

#17 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:44 AM

I am anxiously waiting for this fan fiction romance explosion.

Hopefully it meets your expectations.

Interesting stuff here, Terminus.
I like Australia as a setting... why hasn't Bond been there before? Even I've been to Australia!
I see your preview is in screenplay form. I assume that means you are writing a screen treatment, which rather cuts out the "soul searching" aspect of the literary 007, but I'll run with it coz it reads really well.
There's a ST of Icebreaker somewhere in FF that I did about 2 years ago, but I got disillusioned with the whole ST format and went back to prose. I find it too technically difficult. You seem to do ok... have you had practice???

Yup - it's a great setting that hasn't been mined by the producers yet. It really does need to be used.

Yes, the eventual product will be in script format. I understand that therefore it won't be the usual Bond fanfiction and this could put off some readers, but I think it works.

Writing script format can be incredibly difficult, but you need some good people to help you refine any issues you have with plots and tell you if they have any trouble picturing the action sequences. I've not had proper practice (as in I've never done it commercially) but I've written fanfiction VS in script form for going on thirteen years now.

I did see the Icebreaker treatment. I wrote the treatment, but didn't write the actual script for, another James Bond fan-movie by the name of SilverKnight. There was a thread here for it too - but the link might be dead now.

Hopefully the script will live up to the expectations set by the trailer!

#18 chrisno1

chrisno1

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:04 PM

Hopefully the script will live up to the expectations set by the trailer!

I expect it will!

#19 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:39 PM

I present to you the lyrics to the song selected to represent the themetune of the film.

I don’t want to watch The Street on TV
I don’t want to hear about your day
I’ve got no time to hear
About how much you care
Shut your mouth and come this way

I'm the weirdo in your bedroom
And I can see you in the dark'

Tonight’s the night I shed my wicked soul
I take it out on you and watch you lose control
Tonight’s the night I shed my
My wicked soul

Let’s disconnect all communication
I’ve told your mother not to call
So lay down on the bed
Cause now I’ve locked the door
And we don’t live out there no more

I’m a weirdo in your bedroom
And I can’t see you in the dark

I take it out on you and watch you lose control
My wicked soul

#20 coco1997

coco1997

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:57 PM

Having been treated to an "advanced screening" of the "FCAQ" script, I can honestly say that I sure don't expect anyone to be be disappointed with it. Clocking in at just eighty-one pages, "FCAQ" is a fun, efficient action adventure in the mold of the later Connery & Moore flicks but with Craig's Bond kept ever in mind. The locations are bold and new, the characters are imaginatively cast with real-life actors and the action sequences are vividly detailed.

In much the same way that terminus' "SilverKnight" script would have grounded the Brosnan series after the over-the-top, CGI fantasy fest that was "DAD," "For Queen and Country" would serve to lighten the tone of the Craig Era following "QoS" while staying true to 007's essence and established character boundaries. Suffice to say, I highly recommend this read. B)

Edited by coco1997, 28 January 2010 - 11:54 PM.

#21 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:05 AM

Having been treated to an "advanced screening" of the "FCAQ" script, I can say with all honesty that I don't expect anyone to be be disappointed with it. Clocking in at just eighty-one pages, "FCAQ" is a fun, efficient action adventure in the mold of the later Connery & Moore flicks but with Craig's Bond kept ever in mind. The locations are bold and new, the characters are imaginatively cast with real-life actors and the action sequences are vividly detailed.

Yup. coco1997 has been invaluable as a sounding board for several ideas that I've had, much like he was with my prose story 'Nuclear Kiss'. I have to say that the draft that coco1997 read was actually unfinished - the fight sequences are only sparingly described and will be revised (with the help of a friend who is an amateur fighter) once the script has been beta'd and any other issues solved and extended. We expect the final page-count to fall just short of one hundred pages.

In much the same way that terminus' "SilverKnight" script would have grounded the Brosnan series after the over-the-top, CGI fantasy fest that was "DAD," "For Queen and Country" would serve to lighten the tone of the Craig Era while staying true to 007's essence and established character boundaries. Suffice to say, I highly recommend this read. B)

I genuinely hope that 'For Queen and Country' lives up the expectations that people have and that everyone enjoys it as much as coco1997 has :tdown:

There may be a second trailer forthcoming in the next two weeks as a final treat before the movies release towards the end of February.

PS - As coco1997 now knows, the possible title for the next 'film' has gone one step further along the path to being confirmed. It will, more than likely, be announced at the end of the 'For Queen and Country' credits.

Edited by terminus, 29 January 2010 - 04:07 AM.

#22 Automan

Automan

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 01:36 PM

So is this a film or a fan fic??
I thought the trailer was gonna be a movie clip or am i missing somthing?

#23 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:21 PM

So is this a film or a fan fic??
I thought the trailer was gonna be a movie clip or am i missing somthing?

It's a fanfic - but in script format. A bit of a different approach, but not an unvalid one. The trailer follows with that - like 'trailers' of prose fiction are written in prose, the trailer for this is written in script format.

Sorry if you feel you've been misled.

#24 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

Apologies to those of you expecting to see FQAC hitting your screens at some point this week. Due to events in real life, I've not been able to spend my time doing the necessary editing to the script.

Rest assured, it is completed - so it should be debuting before too long - and it's not going to be one of those forever promised but never glimpsed stories.

#25 Automan

Automan

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:30 PM

Still confused here, I saw you published For Queen and Country in Sept 2008 in the Fan Fic. Is this a re Boot?

#26 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:57 PM

Still confused here, I saw you published For Queen and Country in Sept 2008 in the Fan Fic. Is this a re Boot?

Nope, it's got nothing to do with the other treatment that uses the same name that I published in 2008. I'm not even sure if it has any elements that are the same, though elements are certainly borrowed from other treatments that I've done and put out there.

In fact, this version was written under the title of 'Quicksilver' for the majority of the time until it was decided that that title didn't work so I chose to go with 'For Queen And Country' which actually works better considering the plot.

#27 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:14 PM

Hey !

February has come and gone; and I need a good read.

Don't let real life get in the way of Bond

#28 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:58 PM

Hey !

February has come and gone; and I need a good read.

Don't let real life get in the way of Bond

I may be able to be convinced to post a draft of the pre-titles sequence to whet the appetites, but I would prefer to keep the full script back until it's fully edited and my life has sorted itself out a bit.

Unfortunately the intrusion in my real life isn't something that can just be put aside B)

#29 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:26 AM

Having the same birthday as Mr. Craig, must count for something.
Take your time and get it how you want it.

cheers

Paul

#30 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:43 AM

I didn't realise that I shared a birthday with Daniel Craig until I visited here on Tuesday. I took great delight in pointing this out to my partner - as there's nobody well-known born on his birthday.

As promised, here is a sneak-peak of the pre-title sequence of the movie. Please note, I have purposefully not taken this from the current draft - in which the fight sequences is fleshed out and other details are altered - to maintain some suspense for when the product is presented in full.

FOR QUEEN AND COUNTRY PTS SNEAK-PEEK

I'm hoping to get my hands on a fan-poster to cater to the 'movie' in the next few weeks, to be released in conjunction with or in the week or two before, the movie's release.

Enjoy!