#2 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:27 PM

DAM IT

i don't which is worse the long wait or 4 months of those who said bond 23 has to be a fall release gloating and laughing.

At least we have a release date. why are they dragging their feet?

I should be happy that we have some real bond 23 news but I'm not. and i know someone will say "chill out it's just a movie" yeah well my life is just AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA right now.

#3 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:35 PM

Bad news for all of us expecting a Summer release
http://www.examiner....-the-Box-Office

If it turns out to be true so I would wait until official confirmation and at this point I can't see how a release date can be determined until at least a working script is done but I could be wrong about this so maybe some people who have experience in the film industry could enlighten us. I don't see Bond 23 being released at a similar time as a Spielberg film so I think Bond 23 would more likely be released in November 2011 if they choose to release it in Fall of 2011. If they do choose to go with November 2011 I would not be disappointed because it will give them more time to ensure they get it right so if we have to wait longer and get a better product then I am all for waiting.

#4 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:36 PM

They're crazy to open a Tintin movie on the same day as a new Bond veichle.

However, I don't believe this before we see a real announcement.

#5 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:46 PM

I'm one of the people advocating an autumn release date and before I start the, I told you so's, it would be wise to wait for something more official.

That being said, releasing Bond in the summer, especially given the financial situation and whatnot at EON, it would be damn near suicide. spider-man 4 comes out on may 5th, we have potter, pirates 4, Bourne 4 and a whole lot more. Bond doesn't need that sort of competition just for the sake of releasing the movie other than the usual autumn season.

#6 The Ghost Who Walks

The Ghost Who Walks

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:56 PM

Too true. And I'm really tired of every blockbuster being released at the same time of year anyway.

#7 Joe Bond

Joe Bond

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:13 PM

I'm one of the people advocating an autumn release date and before I start the, I told you so's, it would be wise to wait for something more official.

That being said, releasing Bond in the summer, especially given the financial situation and whatnot at EON, it would be damn near suicide. spider-man 4 comes out on may 5th, we have potter, pirates 4, Bourne 4 and a whole lot more. Bond doesn't need that sort of competition just for the sake of releasing the movie other than the usual autumn season.

Still I don't buy the article since it says Tintin will be released at the same time because I would be willing to bet if EON releases it in Fall of 2011 it would be released in November and not December like Tintin. Plus I just don't trust the article since its not coming from a solid source for movie news and it refers to online sources so who knows if those sources are even correct. I don't think will have a release date until something more official comes along.

#8 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:24 PM

I like that the article is worried about the Tintin movie (and not Bond)

I like the4 fact that rhe report worries about the effect of a Bond 23 release on the same day as Tintin (with the tone expecting it to cause problems for Tintin).

#9 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:38 PM

That doesn't realy excite me. Cartoons tend to do well anyway and I'm sure tintin, a long established character with Spielberg behind it will perform marvelously. However, tintin won't hinder Bond's financial progress. If the article had said Bond 23 will be released in the summer of 2011, I'd have mixed feelings. On the one hand, we'll get Bond earlier but on the other hand, at what cost? Bond being thrown into the summer mix of movies which is host for major money-grabbing players won't exactly tickle my fancy and from that financial perspective, I doubt the ditributors and studio would feel all the more comfortable about it too.

#10 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:41 PM

They're crazy to open a Tintin movie on the same day as a new Bond veichle.

However, I don't believe this before we see a real announcement.

It's not that crazy really. BOND's gone up against POTTER and LORD OF THE RINGS and held his own. People will see BOND regardless of the competition. And like you say, it ain't that official yet... and I imagine someone somewhere will realise that two Daniel Craig films together may or may not be a good idea...though to be fair, his role in TINTIN I (and a CGI ish motion capture effort too) could well be not that headlining.

And in these days of preview screenings and mid-week releases...are these two films really going to be released on the same day?

Besides, not a foot of film has been shot yet for 'DR NO 22'...anything could happen on that front in the coming year.

#11 jaguar007

jaguar007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5608 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:45 PM

"Online sources have confirmed that Craig will indeed star in the 23rd James Bond film, and that the movie is set to release at the same time Craig's other film"

Posted Image

#12 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:47 PM

I'm with the condiment above...

#13 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:07 PM

... as one should be.

It´s nothing new that blockbuster get release dates before a script is written. But I do doubt that EON will want Bond be released against TINTIN. It will be postponed or released earlier at least one or two weeks.

#14 MattofSteel

MattofSteel

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2482 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:25 PM

I agree with the salt shaker. I can't believe they'd think this was a good idea (to release both films same day with Craig), or at least that Craig's people wouldn't vehemently protest. Why willingly cut your business in half?

On another note, they cite "online sources." Rubbish.

#15 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:28 PM

"Online sources have confirmed that Craig will indeed star in the 23rd James Bond film, and that the movie is set to release at the same time Craig's other film"

Posted Image

What he said.

#16 Orion

Orion

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1579 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:38 PM

If true, it does make it hilariously ironic that the villain in Tintin is James Bond.

#17 Mr. Somerset

Mr. Somerset

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1760 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:48 PM

I didn't notice in the article when Tintin is being released. December?

#18 Matt_13

Matt_13

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5969 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:51 PM

Posted Image

What he said.

^

#19 Safari Suit

Safari Suit

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5099 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:17 PM

Mmm...online sauces

#20 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:20 PM

in a helthier mind set

Online sources have confirmed Mharkin and Zorin are bond fans.

exciting news i'm sure

#21 DamnCoffee

DamnCoffee

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 24459 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:37 PM

I have one major problem with this article. It hasn't stated the release date for Tin Tin, so it sounds as if, the producers are going to wait until the release date for Bond 23 is confirmed and then deliberately release it the same day. B)

#22 MkB

MkB

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3864 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

salt, salt, sal everywhere of course, but one precision: this article never says the 2 films will open the same DAY, but at the same TIME, which is quite different. The quotation is:

Online sources have confirmed that Craig will indeed star in the 23rd James Bond film, and that the movie is set to release at the same time Craig's other film, Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn is scheduled to premiere in Europe.

My understanding is that this article is based on our (where "our" = we, online Bond nutters) own discussions and conjectures about Bond 23's release date.

#23 danslittlefinger

danslittlefinger

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:12 PM

http://www.examiner....ed-January-2010

According to online sources, images from the much anticipated Tintin movie, Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the UnicornThe Festival takes place during January 28-31, 2010 will be the previewed at the International Festival of Comics, in the French town of Angouleme, which has recently become the home of the Musée de la bande dessinée, or comic book museum.

- Don't ask me why I'm posing this here (it's already on the TinTin thread) but there you go.

#24 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:13 PM

in a helthier mind set

Online sources have confirmed Mharkin and Zorin are bond fans.

exciting news i'm sure

How dare you?! ;o)

#25 Conlazmoodalbrocra

Conlazmoodalbrocra

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:29 PM

Don't really care whether this is true or not. I won't watch Tintin. I will watch Bond 23! B)

#26 Tybre

Tybre

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:01 PM

I have one major problem with this article. It hasn't stated the release date for Tin Tin, so it sounds as if, the producers are going to wait until the release date for Bond 23 is confirmed and then deliberately release it the same day. B)

Release date(s) December 23, 2011

#27 DAN LIGHTER

DAN LIGHTER

Lt. Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:06 PM

Ill take your salt and raise you these.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 Zorin Industries

Zorin Industries

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5634 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:29 PM

This is my kind of party....!

#29 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:10 PM

DAM IT

i don't which is worse the long wait or 4 months of those who said bond 23 has to be a fall release gloating and laughing.

Michael Wilson himself said he wanted an extra year off. So why is it any surprise the film is coming out in 2011? Seriously, this is like being told water is wet than being surprised when it actually is :tdown:

I have one major problem with this article. It hasn't stated the release date for Tin Tin, so it sounds as if, the producers are going to wait until the release date for Bond 23 is confirmed and then deliberately release it the same day. :tdown:

Release date(s) December 23, 2011

I would love a Christmas release date for the next Bond film B)

#30 Quantumofsolace007

Quantumofsolace007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3488 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:33 PM

the problem is not so much that bond 23 is coming out in 2011 but that it's coming out november 2011. Bond has no real competition in summer 2011. and before people scream about spiderman Batman etc. Batman is not a done deal by anyone's standards Spider man 3 left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths and Captian ameirca Thor etc are untested waters for marvel. Is it wrong for me to be a little impatinet after all Daniel Craig is my faourite bond.

Oh and Zorin it was bound to come out eventually B)