1 reply to this topic

#1 OHMSS Spion

OHMSS Spion

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:44 AM

As I was re-reading my copy of the first book of the Moneypenny Diaries, I got to the part where Moneypenny describes what happened to many of the Bond girls after their respective novels. Moneypenny is describing how she gets the girls to stop calling headquarters and she mentions that sometimes she has to talk with the girl face to face and "even, once, to arrange a discreet doctor's appointment." A couple paragraphs later it mentions Patricia Fearing, the therapist from Shrublands and says "she was the one who got into trouble."

It didn't really catch my attention the first couple times I read it, but if I'm not mistaken, a "discreet doctor's appointment" is an abortion, right? So Bond knocked someone else up besides Kissy Suzuki. And the mention of Ms. Fearing "getting into trouble" could just refer to her getting reprimanded or fired because of her fling with Bond, but it's not really stated. So could it be that Patricia got knocked up by Bond then had an abortion? I'm not going to go into the politics of it and whether it was morally right or not, but it's still an interesting retcon that either no one else noticed or I completely missed the discussion on it.

#2 David Schofield

David Schofield

Commander

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3026 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:55 AM

yes, it is Miss Fearing that Westbrook/Weinberg says "Bond" knocked up.

But then Westbrook/Weinberg's "James Bond" isn't Ian Fleming's James Bond.

In so many ways.