103 replies to this topic

#91 volante

volante

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:37 PM

I don't know if this has been covered before buy...
QOS final scene.

Why, and how long was M waiting outside in the snow for Bond to finish with his nemisis?

Posted Image

#92 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:34 PM

Long enough for the camera crew to set up, it seems... B)

#93 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:13 AM

Why, and how long was M waiting outside in the snow for Bond to finish with his nemesis?

We don't know why. To me it's like a parent waiting to pick up their child from a party. She obviously wasn't standing there until after Yussuf and Corinne were inside. I like to think she got a signal from Canadian intelligence (through Corrine), but of course, she'd have been based nearby.

However, the real reason is that it's a handy plot device, just so Bond can find out from M the good news about Leiter and about Greene's demise, and we can have those nice closing lines.

#94 00Twelve

00Twelve

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7706 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:16 AM

Why, and how long was M waiting outside in the snow for Bond to finish with his nemesis?

We don't know why. To me it's like a parent waiting to pick up their child from a party. She obviously wasn't standing there until after Yussuf and Corinne were inside. I like to think she got a signal from Canadian intelligence (through Corrine), but of course, she'd have been based nearby.

However, the real reason is that it's a handy plot device, just so Bond can find out from M the good news about Leiter and about Greene's demise, and we can have those nice closing lines.

Mmm, it would seem to make sense that Bond wasn't there in the apartment with no support nearby. Yusef was one of M's legitimate targets and Bond wouldn't have had to operate solo to capture him. I do think, however, that he got to Kazan first and let M know where he was so that he would definitely be able to be the one questioning him.

I like that we're not told what Yusef said. Leaves things open for Bond to remain a step ahead of us.

#95 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:22 AM

I like that we're not told what Yusef said. Leaves things open for Bond to remain a step ahead of us.

I like that as well. Also, I think that it leaves the door open for Stana Katic's Corinne to return for Bond 23, because we don't know exactly how much damage she had done to her employers (or anyone else), and it's possible that her character could have more information that Bond could use. I think that it would be great if EON picked Bond 23 up with Bond and Corinne using the information obtained from Yusef to track down members of QUANTUM.

#96 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:41 AM

think that it would be great if EON picked Bond 23 up with Bond and Corinne using the information obtained from Yusef to track down members of QUANTUM.

Like in Castle? B)

#97 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:04 AM

think that it would be great if EON picked Bond 23 up with Bond and Corinne using the information obtained from Yusef to track down members of QUANTUM.

Like in Castle? B)

Well, not quite. Preferably with considerably less humor. :tdown:

I'd just like to see her brought back because I think that having her in only one scene with one line of dialogue is a bit of a waste for someone who would otherwise have a lot of potential to be a great Bond girl.

#98 Mr. Blofeld

Mr. Blofeld

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9173 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:30 AM

I'd just like to see her brought back because I think that having her in only one scene with one line of dialogue is a bit of a waste for someone who would otherwise have a lot of potential to be a great Bond girl.

So... the Sylvia Trench of spies, then?

#99 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:05 AM

Like in Castle? B)

If Bond 23 is going to be strongly connected to Quantum of Solace, then I think that's an excellent idea, tdalton.

However, I am not sure to what extent Bond 23 will be linked to the previous two. It may become Daniel's Goldfinger.

#100 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 03:09 AM

Like in Castle? B)

If Bond 23 is going to be strongly connected to Quantum of Solace, then I think that's an excellent idea, tdalton.

However, I am not sure to what extent Bond 23 will be linked to the previous two. It may become Daniel's Goldfinger.

I think that Bond 23 will also be Craig's Goldfinger in terms of it being unrelated to the two previous films, but I'm hoping that it isn't ultimately the case. With Morgan being brought in to work on the script, perhaps they're setting things up for the film to be a political thriller, with Guy Haines serving a major role in the proceedings. If they go that route, which would mean a link to Quantum of Solace, then I think that there would be room to bring Stana Katic back. Given the interactions that she has with Nathan Fillion on a weekly basis in Castle, I think that she could provide some great moments between Bond and Corinne should they decide to go that route.

#101 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:01 AM

Like in Castle? B)

I think that Bond 23 will also be Craig's Goldfinger in terms of it being unrelated to the two previous films, but I'm hoping that it isn't ultimately the case. With Morgan being brought in to work on the script, perhaps they're setting things up for the film to be a political thriller, with Guy Haines serving a major role in the proceedings. If they go that route, which would mean a link to Quantum of Solace, then I think that there would be room to bring Stana Katic back. Given the interactions that she has with Nathan Fillion on a weekly basis in Castle, I think that she could provide some great moments between Bond and Corinne should they decide to go that route.

I really like this idea. Maybe they will see it as a great opportunity that they just can't pass up. I believe that will depend on how confident they are with how well QOS was received.

#102 tdalton

tdalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11680 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:15 AM

Like in Castle? B)

I really like this idea. Maybe they will see it as a great opportunity that they just can't pass up. I believe that will depend on how confident they are with how well QOS was received.

I think that there's just so much potential for a film with Guy Haines as a primary villain (or at least a primary figure in the main villain's scheme) and Stana Katic as the primary Bond woman that I will probably be disappointed to a degree if they don't go that route (I know that they won't go there, seeing as how Quantum of Solace wasn't particularly well received, so I'm ready to be slightly disappointed).

#103 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 12:16 AM

Like in Castle? B)

I think that there's just so much potential for a film with Guy Haines as a primary villain (or at least a primary figure in the main villain's scheme) and Stana Katic as the primary Bond woman that I will probably be disappointed to a degree if they don't go that route (I know that they won't go there, seeing as how Quantum of Solace wasn't particularly well received, so I'm ready to be slightly disappointed).

I agree with tdalton here. I like the idea of Guy Haines and Quantum featuring in Bond 23. However, the 3 year gap means they won't feel forced to do this. Casual 007 fans won't remember who Haines is after that amount of time.

#104 Gt Munn

Gt Munn

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 05:38 AM

I have some fears with the possible return of Forster. I fear he may not move the character along far enough. The idea that Bond 23 could be yet another film about Bond becoming "Bond" is far too tedious.

I'm looking forward to a "classier" Bond. In essence a bit less military (perhaps grow his hair out a bit) and not so rough around the edges.

I fear Forster may start the next film immediately following QOS like he originally planned. I want Bond to have a bit more maturity and experience as a spy. Craig is signed for a total of five films. I'm sure there is a possibility they could extend the contract as a later date. The point I'm trying to make is that I'm afraid he will end up becoming Bond in 3 or 4 films, then pass the torch on to someone else not having too many chances to play the more literary role. Don't get me wrong. I love experiencing this great character development.

I also hated the way the action scenes were cut (I realize the cinematographer and editor play a huge role with this). They appear far too Bourne. I feel there could be far less action scenes. I felt QOS had far too many.

Directors I would not mind seeing:

Alfonso Cuaron
Children of Men- by far one of the greatest films of the past decade B)
He is Mexican though. I'd hope that would not automatically strike him off the list.
Really I have no idea why he would be great for Bond. After his Children of Men though I really feel he could tackle it very well.

Christopher Nolan
I really don't see him fitting it into his busy schedule though. Unless he really wanted to do it.

Martin Campbell
Who wouldn't want to see him return?
Goldeneye is my 4th favorite Bond film and CR my 5th.

Brian De Palma
Another brilliant director. Well, this entire list is. His Mission: Impossible was brilliant, smartly done, dark and mysterious (think of the opening in Prague), and captured the spy aspect very well. And of course he would approach Bond differently than he did Cruise's Ethan Hunt. He is American. I suppose he isn't allowed.

Edited by Gt Munn, 02 January 2010 - 05:44 AM.