32 replies to this topic

#31 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:21 AM

We knew long ago that Martin Campbell would not be directing Quantum, and so for CBners this was never an issue.

#32 double o ego

double o ego

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 05:11 PM

I've saw Zorro 2 yesterday and it's really a Bond film starring Zorro.

Only that it's really boring. B)

Campbell directed it and didn't write it. Campbell is a great Bond director and should do at least 1 more with Craig. However, there are other equally good and better directors out there. The joy and beauty of the Bond movies are it's variety and differing styles.

#33 RedKelly

RedKelly

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 05:30 PM

QoS was never going to be a good film, with or without Martin Campbell. The script was rushed and rewritten several times, the director had no clear grasp of the characters or story, and the decision to bring in Dan Bradley to shoot the action sequences was the final nail in the coffin.

Basically what's left is a half-finished film with flat characters and mediocre plot that desperately cries out for more development. They should have delayed the film a year to shoot an additional 30 minutes and fine-tune everything.

Yes, Martin Campbell's presence may have made it better; the fact that he directed two of the best Bond films is no mere coincidence. But he couldn't have single-handedly saved it.

Well yes I agree it could have been delayed. I would much rather have had it this summer or maybe fall. Imagine though if they released the films back2back?